Another Senior player quitting

"
mimlie wrote:
I wish so so so so badly that you would have listened to your players when they gave you feedback

So, we would have full fletched Harvest, an automated auction house, pickup pets, no RNG, instant leech and so on. You and me both know that the customer isn't always right. So you're thread is more or less just saying "I'm leaving" with no real feedback what so ever.

Please give some valid feedback, or else this thread is just some "feel sorry for me" thread.

Maybe I'm being too hard on you, Sir. I haven't had my coffee yet.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 20, 2022, 5:01:44 AM
"
mimlie wrote:
Hi my dear GGG.

I've been painfully loyal for 11 years to your awesome game. I can't follow u anymore. This is becoming a pain to play for me. I wish so so so so badly that you would have listened to your players when they gave you feedback, but sadly it is not the case. For all the twits that will say i should stay gone or that i should learn how to play, sincerely f* you :) I will still follow the developments, but it will need to REALLY OVERALL change. I'm really sad to write this message, but it has to end. Hopefully you will somehow realize that you are losing the people that follow you for a decade!!

Loved you much,

Émilie a.k.a Geckoplacebo a.k.a Mimlie .

Since you're from the future how's bitcoin doing in 2025?

Also people with public profiles should not lie while seeking attention.

Plus insulting anyone who does not agree with you will certainly cause sympathy towards your post.
"
mimlie wrote:
I wish so so so so badly that you would have listened to your players when they gave you feedback, but sadly it is not the case. For all the twits that will say i should stay gone or that i should learn how to play, sincerely f* you :)
This isn't an airport, you don't have to announce your departure. Don't hit the door on your way out though. See you next league!
"
trixxar wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:
i wonder what ppl gain from announcing that they leave a game. looking for glorification or what ?
like no1 cares that som1 gone
and its strange that som1 with 2014 account manage to play 11 years.

Some are clearly trying to stick it to GGG.

But ones like this, I think it is a way of saying goodbye to a loved hobby and a way of dealing with regret that life changes. We all get older and the fun things shift.

This is normal, but still feels hard. There should maybe be a forum for goodbye posts encouraging posters to say goodbye and share their best 2 memories of the game.

Since there is not, OP would you care to share your favorite memory or two of PoE?

I don't think this is one of those threads though. It's basically the same as most of the other "goodbye" threads. It attempts to place some additional value/authority through the claim of being senior. It then talks about listening to players blablabla. It basically read as I've played a long time so listen to me, players are right and you're wrong, and I'm not actually going to state anything useful in feedback

I've seen goodbye threads that celebrate what they got from a game and wish everyone well. This isn't one of them.
Senior? Damn. Leaving so soon, not having defeated uber atziri or maven...
Second-class poe gamer
Im really sad when a player posts on this forum and says he's leaving this game. Especially, if it is a "senior player".
On the other hand, I am comforted by the fact that in the last ten years, in my opinion, 5-6 million people have play and left this game, (many of them did not post here) and the game lives on and goes on regardless of the "loss".
Last edited by xaerobb on Nov 20, 2022, 9:03:32 AM
Guild Leader of the OFFICIAL HCSSF Guild.

Guild Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2679775/page/1
Last edited by Anscendant on Oct 3, 2023, 6:24:14 PM
As an ultra senior, elite, double MAX-badged & royalty-plus player; I don't understand why would you censor "u" in FU? Because FU would mean "fuck you" but you already typed "you" after the "f*", so why would you even write "fu you"? Nobody types like that.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
mimlie wrote:
Hi my dear GGG.

I've been painfully loyal for 11 years to your awesome game. I can't follow u anymore. This is becoming a pain to play for me. I wish so so so so badly that you would have listened to your players when they gave you feedback, but sadly it is not the case. For all the twits that will say i should stay gone or that i should learn how to play, sincerely f* you :) I will still follow the developments, but it will need to REALLY OVERALL change. I'm really sad to write this message, but it has to end. Hopefully you will somehow realize that you are losing the people that follow you for a decade!!

Loved you much,

Émilie a.k.a Geckoplacebo a.k.a Mimlie .

Why would you quit before the full Manifesto and Patch Notes are released? You say you wish GGG would listen, yet just when they are starting to speak you say you're quitting.

Sorry, I don't believe your sincerity, I don't believe your reason for quitting. Seems you just want attention.
Last edited by Valkaneer on Nov 20, 2022, 10:30:29 AM
Listening to player feedback is why we are in this mess. Honestly, why can't people let the experts do what they do best. Not to say experts can't produce bad results, but I'd rather let someone with knowledge and experience develop a game rather than a random guy behind a screen.

Whenever GGG introduced something new to the game, there were always hordes of self proclaimed game devs that found faults with it. And GGG, trying to please them, turned the game into what it is today. I honestly thought that with Archnemesis, GGG finally got their game back, but no....the slef proclaimed game devs ruined that too.

Doesn't matter who quits, the players dictating the direction of the game is what will never make it shine again. POE is not GGG's game anymore, and that's what is ruining it.
Last edited by lupasvasile on Nov 20, 2022, 10:52:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info