November Event Topics

ok
Thanks for the changes; glad you're hearing our feedback.

A few thoughts/concerns:

1) If I understand correctly, PC got extra Godslayer's MTX, but console has no changes to the Godslayer's prizes? Meaning they can still only be won in a single game mode, and only by a very small number of players on console?

2) Is the Godslayer's MTX tagged in any way with how you won it? IMO, the coolest thing about Demis is that they say on them what they were won for.

3) While I assume it's too late for these to possibly be non-Voided events at this stage, could someone give some reasoning as to why events are STILL being voided? The only info I've been able to find has to do with Standard economy. The Standard economy has been *regularly* more heavily impacted by both league-specific items and by game-wide changes (like the Divine/Exalt change). Furthermore, most of these events offer FEWER rewards than just playing a fully decked-out standard character who already has a fully set up Atlas and "juice" available to them. It used to be that some events weren't voided. Why did that change? Does Delirium Everywhere really give more rewards than Flashback (which was not Void)?

If it's NOT the Standard Economy, some clear explanation would be great.

3a) It used to be that some events were run as part of the current league, and thus could be used to complete League challenges. What was the main reason for not having ANY of these events be "in-league"?
GJ listening to people but players should be playing events just to push themselves and have fun in a non standard version of the game. If you're playing a game you hate for a random mtx then I don't think that input deserves as much feedback. Events should be for those who enjoy them not a carrot or stick to get people to play.
It's really good to see you addressing player feedback like this, I think that these changes will significantly improve enthusiasm.
Players are so cringe in 2022. Keep up the good work ggg.
"
3a) It used to be that some events were run as part of the current league, and thus could be used to complete League challenges. What was the main reason for not having ANY of these events be "in-league"?

I imagine it's because 3.19 wasn't designed with these challenges in mind - they've only been added post release. Previously afaik challenges have been arranged pre-release.
Could we maybe get one reward per class (not ascendancy) in non-HCSSF, to encourage build diversity? Instead of just flat 6.
Nice!
Still disappointing, but the prize structure is at least a small step in the right direction.

The problem is that, when prizes are limited to only #1, then the competition ends for everybody when that one person hits the goal. And, the #1s will always be the same couple of people over and over again. Don't you realize that the rest of us at least want to feel like it's possible to win a prize while having fun putting in the effort? The motivation just isn't there when you know that you have no chance of winning before ever getting started.

And what is the point of keeping a microtransaction "Valuable"? There is no value if they cannot be traded.

Here's a better solution:

1. Keep Demis and the old prize structure
2. Make a permanent "Skin" microtransaction that works across leagues.
3. EVERYBODY is happy!!

How hard is that?

Edit:
In re-reading the OP, I now realize that I assumed the prize structure to be more reasonable that it actually is. Top 6 without regard to class or ascendancy? You guys do realize that all ascendancies are not equal.... right?

I just don't get it, why take something that works and screw it up? I swear, it's almost like your goal is to aggravate your player base. I used to get excited when some change was being implemented, but lately I just cringe in anticipation of how horrible it's going to be.
Last edited by Cherd on Oct 30, 2022, 11:10:42 PM
ok
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info