November Event Topics

Thanks.

I have all those boxes already though. Thought I'd catch up on some long overdue support for you folks. I didn't spend out due to a having a blast with this league however. So no alternative reward box?

Quite happy to skip the events tbh. I spent most of this league learning the new ropes as it were, and I could use the time to work on these challenges.

On that note, just so you know most of us don't play video games for a living. I wish there was less of the challenges that require so much playtime. They really suck. I know I shouldn't expect to get everything and that's cool but c'mon, most people would take a look and estimate the playtime needed for the rewards and say no thanks, cya next league. Which is mostly what people seem to have done.

Risk Vs Reward or time Vs Reward, seems like both. This will be really difficult and take ages, longer than most have the will to endure. That's suffering and no one can want that surely?

Looking forward to the next league where I feel I won't need to waste the first couple of weeks working out what I'm meant to be doing. I still don't really know what endgame is btw. Game is confusing mostly but I do enjoy all the flashy lights and sounds. And overall it's a huge game compared to when I last looked in. You folks have been v busy, well done :)

Keep up the fine work.
Good job GGG , you're the best!
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
"However, we understand that quite a few people would like to be incentivised to push themselves in the other event versions and in groups."

imange having a multiplayer game and not expecting group play, like for real...
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
"
This structure also gives you the flexibility to skip an event of your choice without feeling that you must play it to get all the free boxes.

Ehm, guys ? Lately I REALLY don't like your wording at all. I DO like free loot, it's fun. And I can decide if I wanna participate or not in any event you put. Anyone can. Don't make it sound like it's such a big deal and such a help for us-gamers.
"
Quelex wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:
And it's still ridiculous that these events are voided. If standard economy matters to you that much, why did you ruin the whole thing with the ex-div change? Wipe out 10 years of wealth with a simple change without even asking the community, then void these events so that the standard economy is unaffected by the stuff people will make in a week. Doesn't add up pals. Personally I have never logged in to standard, because it's a pointless league to me but I'll still skip these events for this very reason. No one wants their progress to be thanos snapped, even if it doesn't matter in the long run.

I don't find it problematic at all. If the point is who cares about standard's economy, then why does it matter if an event that most people will play for 2 days goes core or not?

Then why does it matter to GGG?
"
Errand wrote:
Thanks.

I have all those boxes already though. Thought I'd catch up on some long overdue support for you folks. I didn't spend out due to a having a blast with this league however. So no alternative reward box?

If you've already purchased the entire Kalandra Mystery Box series, you'll instead be awarded with 2 x Warlord Mystery Boxes per Kalandra Box earned. So if you reach level 50 in two events, you'd end up with 4 x Warlord Mystery Boxes.
I don't understand this whole "You can skip an event without worry" mentality...

Isn't the point of the events to encourage people to play them ALL? The dev team is basically telling players multiple times to NOT play all 3 events. This is backward.

Also, the cosmetic box was NOT the reason to play the events. The quality of the EVENTS was the reason to play the events. Why are you basing all decisions around the freaking box and not producing a quality innovative event?

I just can't really wrap my mind around the thought process...people who wanted to would skip events they didn't like anyway. It's not "helpful" to negatively incentivize playing all the events.

It's also becoming REAL common for GGG to backstep initial announcements because they were poorly planned and thought out.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Oct 30, 2022, 8:35:59 PM
"
Meowlock wrote:
"
This structure also gives you the flexibility to skip an event of your choice without feeling that you must play it to get all the free boxes.

Ehm, guys ? Lately I REALLY don't like your wording at all. I DO like free loot, it's fun. And I can decide if I wanna participate or not in any event you put. Anyone can. Don't make it sound like it's such a big deal and such a help for us-gamers.

This your first time in any internet community? There are a lot of people who actively complain about "being forced" to play just to get the free stuff, in this and every other game that does anything similar. There have been entire studies performed on the psychological reasoning behind it.
Thanks for the kind response.

Ok, I'll have to give 2 events a shot now :D

(<~~~ Sucker for MTX)
One reason the demigods are so valuable is that they're tradeable. You could, if you wanted to, sell it and command a high price. You don't have to, but you could. It's the same as finding a mirror in solo-self-found: even if you don't want it, it's still valuable, because you can migrate it to trade league to sell it.

But Godslayer's Pride is a cosmetic, and cosmetics are not tradeable. That
makes it literally worthless -- you can't sell it at any price (and selling your account is against TOS). Is that right? Or is it actually tradeable somehow? I'm not for or against the change, it's just a different sort of value and I'd like to know for sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info