3.19.1c Patch Notes

"
SquareCubiC wrote:
"
melkoriii wrote:
Ya Lake is worthless to run.
I have a build that can take the Feared and massive juiced T16 maps and the lake can one shot me because at lvl 12+ tiles put INSANE buffs on the big mobs and the loot is GARBAGE literal GARBAGE.

The league was LAZILY put together. Like are there only 2 people working on it?
The worst league in the last 6 leagues. 3.20 BETTER bring it.

is it story time already?

taken from YOUR challenges...
you ran literally 17 tiles of difficulty 3 and above, sorry, but who the hell is supposed to believe you :D :D :D

Also

next time, maybe dont leave the life out in the screenshot...

another fine detail...
but yea, whatever dude

Well the tracker is wrong. Iv run ~20 Lakes (Up to Tile lvl 14)
I have all the Lake unlocks
Yes I have a low HP pool but I still can take 100k hits every 4s and live. Like I said I can walk though T16 juiced maps no issue but a lake will kill me at 12+.
I just had a Gold (4 prong) COLD Tile lvl 6 that had a Riftwalker that was spawning CHAOS Degen pools that literally covered the all of the Lake map on screen. If I just touched the edge I was dead. So stupid
Last edited by melkoriii on Sep 23, 2022, 6:07:35 PM
"
melkoriii wrote:
"
SquareCubiC wrote:
"
melkoriii wrote:
Ya Lake is worthless to run.
I have a build that can take the Feared and massive juiced T16 maps and the lake can one shot me because at lvl 12+ tiles put INSANE buffs on the big mobs and the loot is GARBAGE literal GARBAGE.

The league was LAZILY put together. Like are there only 2 people working on it?
The worst league in the last 6 leagues. 3.20 BETTER bring it.

is it story time already?

taken from YOUR challenges...
you ran literally 17 tiles of difficulty 3 and above, sorry, but who the hell is supposed to believe you :D :D :D

Also

next time, maybe dont leave the life out in the screenshot...

another fine detail...
but yea, whatever dude

Well the tracker is wrong. Iv run ~20 Lakes (Up to Tile lvl 14)
I have all the Lake unlocks
Yes I have a low HP pool but I still can take 100k hits every 4s and live. Like I said I can walk though T16 juiced maps no issue but a lake will kill me at 12+.
I just had a Gold (4 prong) COLD Tile lvl 6 that had a Riftwalker that was spawning CHAOS Degen pools that literally covered the all of the Lake map on screen. If I just touched the edge I was dead. So stupid

Are you complaining the game is hard? You have 2.7k life. Opinion rejected.
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

yes chaos res was mostly optional, now, oh nooooooooo, it is borderline required :O
how dare they to do that :O
and gearing for all res + chaos res without any shenanigans is nearly impossible...
oh no, it is not... nevermind... it is actually quite easy Oo

also, RELYING on mf cullers?
nah dude, this is basically just another example of how the players experience and live up to fomo.
"oh no, that guy has more than i do"
you know whats funny?
every single league, when there is a challenge that requires the player to kill map bosses under certain conditions, there's always plenty, countless people complaining about "how these challenges make you play the game differently, you have to go out of your ways to complete those challenges"
and now? players on trade VOLUNTARILY go to tft to hire mf cullers...
so, they map with caution, leave the map, take the time and effort to get a shitty culler to do that bullshit.
??????????????????????
hello? what sort of hypocrisy is that?
you dont rely on that, not at all.
and i really dont understand how you could possibly word it that way.
but, once again, the ex divine change, is one of the best changes that happened to crafting.
if you were deeper into crafting, other than harvest "crafting", you'd understand and agree...

If you don't see the reason why people find the way huge chaos hits and degen effects showed up in game out of character for POE, I don't think I have the energy to try and explain to you what the issue is. Weird to note that you yourself don't have your characters set to public, one could begin to wonder what those look like.
The reality is, no effort to make chaos resistance more available on gear has been made while the damage type has become more frequent in the last three leagues and much, much more dangerous in the last two. Your opinion is yours, I'm dealing with what I see in the game and what the game allows people to do.
If Toxic's hadn't been a substantial issue, one can only wonder why the devs made any change.
The boosted guys issue, again, I couldn't care less. I merely point out that the issue isn't just his, clearly a large enough part of the player base thought it was not the right way and the devs agreed.
As to tft cullers, you clearly don't understand the way economy works do you?
If I want to get a great item, I need the divine orbs. The other people that want the same item also need those divine orbs. We compete for the same resource. If I push 100 t16 maps with some scarabs and Atlas passives to find the god touched rares that would reward me, and didn't rely on tft for MF, I am never going to get the item because a guy who ran same amount of maps and got that MF culler makes 5-20 times more currency per god touched rare encounter than I do. And since we both want the item "X" he then buys it. Which, in game economy where supply of really good items is lower than demand, always puts the people using these tft services ahead of those that don't.
Clearly someone's being a bit hypocritical talking about me thinking this is a hack and slash, then completely disregarding the game economy when dealing with the loot goblin issue of POE.
i dont know, so we got someone who claims the challenge tracker is not working as well as feeling tanky because he can take a hefty hit every 4 seconds, in a time where self casting feels bad, because if you stand still for second it might get you stunned and killed...
and someone who still doesnt see that the devs changed toxic because of feedback and potentially metrics, seeing that people kept dying to that, which in most cases was a negative chaos res anyway.
and how can you complain it got more prominent while the means of crafting chaos res gear did not get easier?
"oh, hey, more challenge, can we please make it redundant? k ty"
i see the reason why people complain, they simply dont want to adapt, they dont want that extra hurdle in their way of the reward.
they wanna out-dps most game content and cry whenever their paper thin characters die.
i dunno, this seems just weird dude
regarding the economy aspect...
yea, right, those items are impossible to make in most cases right?
the stupidity of people in that regard has shown for a long time and many times.
i made stupid currency with literally deterministic harvest crafting, by "abusing" players that simply didnt want to learn about crafting.
not to mention, that my costs were nowhere near the profits...
i dunno, dont expect and play poe as a hack and slay, play it as an arpg.
because at the end of the day, it is a game, of very certain genre, no matter how you play it, no matter what your mindset on the game is, it will never be diablo 3... either deal with it, or move onto another game.

Last edited by SquareCubiC on Sep 24, 2022, 2:56:28 PM
"
SquareCubiC wrote:
i dont know, so we got someone who claims the challenge tracker is not working as well as feeling tanky because he can take a hefty hit every 4 seconds, in a time where self casting feels bad, because if you stand still for second it might get you stunned and killed...
and someone who still doesnt see that the devs changed toxic because of feedback and potentially metrics, seeing that people kept dying to that, which in most cases was a negative chaos res anyway.
and how can you complain it got more prominent while the means of crafting chaos res gear did not get easier?
i see the reason why people complain, they simply dont want to adapt, they dont want that extra hurdle in their way of the reward.
they wanna out-dps most game content and cry whenever their paper thin characters die.
the stupidity of people in that regard has shown for a long time and many times.
i made stupid currency with literally deterministic harvest crafting, by "abusing" players that simply didnt want to learn about crafting.
because at the end of the day, it is a game, of very certain genre, no matter how you play it, no matter what your mindset on the game is, it will never be diablo 3... either deal with it, or move onto another game.

Aaand... why do you think those metrics are a thing then? You appear to think disproportionate number of players were dying to it (which the devs supposedly know, even though damage logs have been a requested feature for about 5-6 years now and the response has always been that it would be too much trouble to implement, which, in the case that devs can track if players are dying to it, would make them just spiteful and not willing to provide the players the utility to improve their builds) but you don't seem to connect that there's a Cause to the issue. Which is either that the Toxic volatile damage was out of tune and unbalanced, or that the defenses for it are more difficult to obtain than you make them out to be. Which is it? Third and fourth options probably exist, you're welcome to provide your own ideas there.
Go ahead, show your characters and let's have a walk through that particular park.
Your idea of challenge apparently isn't what the rest of the community wants. MY suggestion for your challenge starved persona is to try HC.
People adapt, they always have adapted. and there's always a sweet spot to how we adapt to things. In the previous leagues we had 1hp deep delvers that relied entirely on never getting hit, and that was viable method to deal with the gameplay of Delve. The average POE player will look at cost to benefit of capped out chaos resist and in most cases only scale it when it doesn't add too much of an expense to their build. That's how building characters has always been.
Why don't you put your elite POE gamer hat aside and try to understand that people aren't playing the same way that you want to play in and that they are perfectly all right to do so? The guys playing 10 hours a week should still find enjoyment in the game, even if you personally want more challenge. And if you don't think so, stick to private leagues and play your own, highly challenging game and don't try to make the game everyone else plays into your private sand pit.
"
VernerHolt wrote:
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

Aaand... why do you think those metrics are a thing then? You appear to think disproportionate number of players were dying to it (which the devs supposedly know, even though damage logs have been a requested feature for about 5-6 years now and the response has always been that it would be too much trouble to implement, which, in the case that devs can track if players are dying to it, would make them just spiteful and not willing to provide the players the utility to improve their builds) but you don't seem to connect that there's a Cause to the issue. Which is either that the Toxic volatile damage was out of tune and unbalanced, or that the defenses for it are more difficult to obtain than you make them out to be. Which is it? Third and fourth options probably exist, you're welcome to provide your own ideas there.
Go ahead, show your characters and let's have a walk through that particular park.
Your idea of challenge apparently isn't what the rest of the community wants. MY suggestion for your challenge starved persona is to try HC.
People adapt, they always have adapted. and there's always a sweet spot to how we adapt to things. In the previous leagues we had 1hp deep delvers that relied entirely on never getting hit, and that was viable method to deal with the gameplay of Delve. The average POE player will look at cost to benefit of capped out chaos resist and in most cases only scale it when it doesn't add too much of an expense to their build. That's how building characters has always been.
Why don't you put your elite POE gamer hat aside and try to understand that people aren't playing the same way that you want to play in and that they are perfectly all right to do so? The guys playing 10 hours a week should still find enjoyment in the game, even if you personally want more challenge. And if you don't think so, stick to private leagues and play your own, highly challenging game and don't try to make the game everyone else plays into your private sand pit.

dude, you've been around for a while, you have experienced poe in various stages...
and i ask you, did poe change?
did it overall become easier?

poe never was a casual side game hack and slay, but since delirium, it more and more became that. sadly that's the part people adapted to...

you know whats funny?
you tell me to change my mindset or stay away from commenting on trade league?
only because i disagree with you?
isnt that ironic, is it you pathofmatth?
this has nothing to do with elitism, what is it that makes poe outstanding from the other games?
the struggle, the challenge, the reward.
you and those who actively try to trivialize "annoying aspects" of the game, are actually asking to ruin the game.
but you do not understand it.
the things you ask for, would, if granted, cause a short term joy, but inevitably end in a shallow boring experience.
not with the intent to roast diablo 3, but this is literally what diablo 3 is.
no challenge, therefore no proper reward.
all you get in D3 is fake dopamine rushes, when you hack and slay, which is fine, since it is a very simple hack and slay.
how would you want to translate to poe?
the game has a passive skill tree with 1325 nodes dude, how does this look compelling to anyone but people who wanna dive down the game and sink countless hours into it.
so, asking for a death log, is kinda pointless, in 99% of the times i die, i do know why. how so? because i learned it.
i dont need a tool/ feature that tells me.
what's next? a tool that paths my passives for the most damage upon clicking what skill i wanna use?
pets that pick up currency?
stop trying to take the damn easy route with shortcuts.
the whole "it has not become easier to obtain chaos res on gear"
is utter bullcrap too btw.
fossils, essences, veiled mods.
like, seriously?
ONLY if you expect to have gg gear after using one essence, you can actually be serious.
and again, you have been around since at least prophecy, you should know better man.
and for the sake of a discussion.
dont act as if you were the patreon of the community.
this shows me, that you basically have no points, no arguments.
you speak in a we form, when it is not a "we" you represent.
i am part of the playerbase, and your thoughts clearly do not represent me.
they also do not represent potentially many others.
potentially not even the majority.
that whole echo chambering of a vocal minority, is gonna destroy this game at some point and i honestly do hope, that diablo 4 is going to A: attract and B: keeps those people for the longest time possible.

it is quite funny how you come from 1hp deep delve, which is clearly not what the majority has done btw, i mean many tried, but only a handful (in comparison) was actually succeeding.
the average player, a term that is still pretty damn undefined, yet many of those who complain about the most irrelevant stuff bring that term up...
but according to ggg, metrics to be precise, the average player takes a couple of weeks to get to maps, if they even reach maps...
and also does this

which might be a pill that's hard to swallow, but browsing through the poe reddit, helps with that...

if you wanna identify with that, fine go on.
but maybe rethink when your opinion is actually based on something else than just random reddit input.
you literally try to defend the lazyness of the players (and potentially yourself), for no apparent reason man, well no other reason that lazyness obviously.
Last edited by SquareCubiC on Sep 25, 2022, 4:40:13 PM
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

dude, you've been around for a while, you have experienced poe in various stages...
and i ask you, did poe change?
did it overall become easier?

poe never was a casual side game hack and slay, but since delirium, it more and more became that. sadly that's the part people adapted to...

you know whats funny?
you tell me to change my mindset or stay away from commenting on trade league?
only because i disagree with you?
isnt that ironic, is it you pathofmatth?
this has nothing to do with elitism, what is it that makes poe outstanding from the other games?
the struggle, the challenge, the reward.
you and those who actively try to trivialize "annoying aspects" of the game, are actually asking to ruin the game.
but you do not understand it.
the things you ask for, would, if granted, cause a short term joy, but inevitably end in a shallow boring experience.
not with the intent to roast diablo 3, but this is literally what diablo 3 is.
no challenge, therefore no proper reward.
all you get in D3 is fake dopamine rushes, when you hack and slay, which is fine, since it is a very simple hack and slay.
how would you want to translate to poe?
the game has a passive skill tree with 1325 nodes dude, how does this look compelling to anyone but people who wanna dive down the game and sink countless hours into it.
so, asking for a death log, is kinda pointless, in 99% of the times i die, i do know why. how so? because i learned it.
i dont need a tool/ feature that tells me.
what's next? a tool that paths my passives for the most damage upon clicking what skill i wanna use?
pets that pick up currency?
stop trying to take the damn easy route with shortcuts.
the whole "it has not become easier to obtain chaos res on gear"
is utter bullcrap too btw.
fossils, essences, veiled mods.
like, seriously?
ONLY if you expect to have gg gear after using one essence, you can actually be serious.
and again, you have been around since at least prophecy, you should know better man.
and for the sake of a discussion.
dont act as if you were the patreon of the community.
this shows me, that you basically have no points, no arguments.
you speak in a we form, when it is not a "we" you represent.
i am part of the playerbase, and your thoughts clearly do not represent me.
they also do not represent potentially many others.
potentially not even the majority.
that whole echo chambering of a vocal minority, is gonna destroy this game at some point and i honestly do hope, that diablo 4 is going to A: attract and B: keeps those people for the longest time possible.

it is quite funny how you come from 1hp deep delve, which is clearly not what the majority has done btw, i mean many tried, but only a handful (in comparison) was actually succeeding.
the average player, a term that is still pretty damn undefined, yet many of those who complain about the most irrelevant stuff bring that term up...
but according to ggg, metrics to be precise, the average player takes a couple of weeks to get to maps, if they even reach maps...
and also does this

which might be a pill that's hard to swallow, but browsing through the poe reddit, helps with that...

if you wanna identify with that, fine go on.
but maybe rethink when your opinion is actually based on something else than just random reddit input.
you literally try to defend the lazyness of the players (and potentially yourself), for no apparent reason man, well no other reason that lazyness obviously.

Here's why I care about casual players, they make the game more fun for me. Does that make me worse as a player? Eh, who knows, I certainly don't mind if it does. They also make the game a better economy and better experience.
You're building straw man when implying that my direction is that of loot pets and simplification of the gameplay aspects that make POE what it is. Which is funny since we certainly had a feature already in game with pre-planned skill tree that got stripped out after the jewel sockets were filled without being allocated.
Has POE become easier? It got easier to get to maps, it got easier to do content like Atziri and acts. The skill ceiling remains similar if not higher, we simply went from Atziri being the pinnacle encounter to Shaper, then Elder, then Sirus, then Maven and now we have even harder versions of pinnacle content if we choose to pursue the challenge. The ceiling is probably higher than it ever was in the past, and the complexity of builds went with it. We went from a few uniques interacting well to scale, or double dip in damage to a removal of the double dipping and many, many options for scaling while other options were implemented. The average players got moved closer to the top, but no one was handed power on a silver platter. In fact, with the last 2 years of updates, power is certainly being stripped away. I recall and still own legacy flasks, legacy prophecy upgraded uniques and other items no longer available. The Atziri's promise flasks that I farmed when I first made a build able to kill her are now 3-4 times more powerful than ones dropped today.
And really? Calling me out for suggesting your comments are out of place after telling me "either deal with it, or move onto another game." ? boy oh boy, pot and the kettle huh?
PoM, buddy, you alright there? Projecting a bit too hard, no?
No one's asking to trivialize the game. No one wants the resist scaling to suddenly be a matter of two gear pieces (even if the devs made it a thing with Kalandra mirrored items scaling 280+ ele resists when lucky) or for monster damage to not hurt. People are talking about the issue that blue steel infused mobs hit harder than map bosses, that toxic volatiles hit harder than chaos specific map bosses or even conquerors like Al Hezmin. No one's asking to trivialize the content, people simply want a semblance of balance, much like we had prior to such affixes being introduced. If you can't understand that because you're too busy projecting your worst expectations, seriously, step back and read a bit past the screams and tears of newbies that are playing their first league and quit a week in. The people that have been playing for years are calling out the issues.
fossils, essences and veiled mods? Are we talking about the same fossils, essences and veiled mods that have been in game since 2018? You use that when I speak of changes over the last two years? It's been 4 years since Syndicate was added. Delve was 2018 too and Essence was 2016. Using these crafting methods to suggest it's somehow been made more accessible to scale chaos resistance and overall defenses is incredibly naive.
As to using the "We" form, I wrote "In the previous leagues we had 1hp deep delvers" and that was the only sentence in the comment that used We to indicate the whole community of POE. If You aren't part of that community that saw 1hp Delve players hitting deep delve numbers, you're free to point that out but accusing me of somehow borrowing the authority of the wider community in that sentence is a bit off, no?
The average player is the reason GGG DID change Toxic volatiles and why they keep adjusting AN. Clearly they have the better idea. I'll sit on the sidelines and cheer for actual, reasonable improvements to the system and eventually, hopefully a normalization to the current loot goblin system. You're welcome to do as you please as well.
off topic, this is my first post

1) why do you hate individual players so much?
2) Why do I spend every league 2 months on an HH?
3) Is the RNG system luckier only for broadcasters?
* Because I couldn't get 1 Doctor in 85 attempts in total.
* I couldn't raise my 4 The Apothecary cards and dozens of other cards above +1
* Am I a freak who can't even get 0.001% of a random chance?
4) Should we enjoy the game or the game has been in testing for 10 years and we are testers too?

If the answer to all of these is "No", why do I get so tired playing this game individually?

If your answer is "Yes" , - Bye !
Hi, I chanced upon POE due to Maxroll's site having a guide on it and decided to give it a try. This current season is my first.

I tried out the EA Balista build and managed to get to L8 maps but it seems a bit slow while mapping so I decided to create a Lightning strike champion. Went through the campaign but while doing L2-4 low tier maps I noticed that the rare monsters seem un-killable, requiring such a long time fighting it and yet giving out quite miserable loot.

I thought there's something wrong with my build until I saw all the POE "quit" videos from all the POE veterans. That was when I realized what is wrong. The main problem is that the loot is not equitable to the difficulty posed. Knowing the truth, I feel that there seem not much point for me to pour in more hours to this game.

I see the potential to POE but to a new player like me, with limited time, I will stop playing till something is done to fix this.
Very good decision. I left POE as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info