3.19.1c Patch Notes

You forgot to delete Magma Barrier. *sits here patiently*
"
XeoTech wrote:
Still no 32:9 fix

Back to Diablo 3, cya
lol at d3. reminds of my customers back in the customer service day " i'm gonig to buy samsung and throw this apple product in the trash" see's purchase of latest iphone XD ok karen!
"
VernerHolt wrote:
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

uhm
adding an item editor was a good thing?
chris even said on the reveal stream for harvest "we're probably going to ruin the game"...

harvest now, is useful, but not your be all end all solution for everything, which is infact the best thing they could have done. creates a way more healthy environment.

and yea, that's completely on yourself mate. sorry for breaking it to you.
but 2k hp? i dont know how you think that's enough for even yellow maps, lol

With a fair bit more tanky character here, I agree that Toxic volatiles on magic mobs was a shitshow. Sure, it can all be juked, I doubt I've died to a toxic volatile Hit more than once this league but I certainly know that in rituals and incursion encounters I've died to the ground effect they leave behind after successfully juking 10 volatile orbs at a time. Which adds a fair bit of insult to the encounter when nothing I could do other than scaling chaos resist or going CI could really save me from a ground effect hidden under packs of mobs that are all casting shit. With the state of the game and the excess screen clutter we get because of AN special effects, the "improved communication" that was brandished as a flag for why AN was introduced seems a pipedream at best and a flat out lie at worst.
Permafrost damage component was obscene too.

As to Harvest, it's been 2 years? 2 years of scaling game content as if everyone was using Harvest crafting, adding more and more dps gated encounters that destroy the arena or scale their damage if you don't manage to kill the boss fast enough that it doesn't do the "mechanics".
It's also been 2 years of nerfs to skills, gear and flasks. The devs are the ones pushing the meta and they adjust the content to what they see. The harvest changes alone or the exalt- divine change alone would have been a major revamp to economy, both at the same time was the equivalent of a hammer blow to the forehead after getting a knee in the groin.

while you're a bit more tanky...

you're still paper for chaos.
but you actually said it yourself, you need chaos res.
yes, imagine a game requiring you to actually have resistances right?
this IS actually a good thing that toxics exist, when else do you need chaos res? constrictor, al hezmin, and some vaal spitters, thats it...
with toxics you are required to have chaos res, unless you dont mind dying every now and then...
but you also missed my point of criticizing that person of investing into getting boosted instead of investing into gear...

regarding your view on the balance aspects...
yes, if you build unbalanced characters, you face issues.
but even when you lack damage and build full tank you can beat the maven, is it fun tho? wouldnt say so. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khY1RMyNkPw

looking at the divine exalt change exclusively in a economical context, tells me that you are not really a fan of crafting eh?
that change made it a lot easier and provided more access to crafting...
but then again, that requires to acquire knowledge about crafting i suppose.
dont get me wrong, this is not intended as an offense, but you (allegedly) try to play poe as a hack and slay instead of as an arpg if you are not willing to learn about certain aspects of the game...

"
Necratice wrote:
You forgot to delete Magma Barrier. *sits here patiently*

this is just another example of what the playerbase has become...
"I dont want to adapt, i want to mindlessly slay monsters and be showered in rewards, with no challenge"

what's the issue with magma barrier? i really dont get it.
why not remove literally anything that doesnt get one shot on a budget?
why not just add an npc that hands out currency and gear for free?
Last edited by SquareCubiC on Sep 23, 2022, 4:41:08 AM
How many leagues will we need to balance archnemesis added to the core game ? Makes me lauch so much !!!
How about a bug where %IIR jeweler's strongbox drops 1 (one) white jewelry and nothing else?
Oh, wait, it's 'by design'. By 'vision'.
Last edited by ya_nou on Sep 23, 2022, 12:37:51 PM
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

this IS actually a good thing that toxics exist, when else do you need chaos res? constrictor, al hezmin, and some vaal spitters, thats it...
with toxics you are required to have chaos res, unless you dont mind dying every now and then...
but you also missed my point of criticizing that person of investing into getting boosted instead of investing into gear...

but even when you lack damage and build full tank you can beat the maven, is it fun tho? wouldnt say so. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khY1RMyNkPw

looking at the divine exalt change exclusively in a economical context, tells me that you are not really a fan of crafting eh?
dont get me wrong, this is not intended as an offense, but you (allegedly) try to play poe as a hack and slay instead of as an arpg if you are not willing to learn about certain aspects of the game...

That's sort of it. Chaos resist has been optional for a decade in POE. It's always been a quality of life thing and that part of the game balance aspect has always been well understood both by player community and the devs. This is the reason chaos resist rolls and weighting are both substantially lower on gear, from roughly 20% less chaos resist on amethyst ring VS sapphire/ruby/topaz, to much, much weaker amethyst flask compared to ruby or topaz or sapphire flask. (stores less that 2 full uses in charges vs ele flasks storing 2.5 full uses, has 15% less resistance bonus and no 20% less damage roll)
To then introduce massive chaos hits and chaos degen effects all over the place, (even ignoring the old desecrated ground and the Eater of Worlds packs leaving chaos degen effects, the toxic volatiles were huge hits, usually bigger than Al Hezmin melee) without giving the players the means to actually gear up for chaos defense is spiteful at best. I'm not out her whining about chaos damage, in most part, I can get through maps, Al hezmin fights and everything else without scaling the chaos resist, I'm suggesting that maybe there's a need to revisit the way chaos defenses work if the devs are intent on making such chaos damage hits a thing.
I don't much care about players paying for boosts. Five ways as experience farm were added by the devs, clearly they're aware what's going on, clearly they don't care. If someone wants to just get that final level for the much needed passive point and doesn't want to spend 300 t16 maps on it, let them. If they then 6 portal every map they run, who cares, let them play the way they want to play.
I don't look at divines and exalts in purely economical context, I look at it in the sense that if I want to divine roll a forbidden Shako, an already rare item, for Ice bite or some other support gem, it's now largely impossible or equivalent to farming up enough divines for a mageblood before I'll see a good combination. Which is why I'm saying that the double tap of destroying harvest AND switching divines and exalts without then providing a means to get divines that doesn't rely on TFT cullers or running a MF build, is a weird and extremely unpopular move.
As to crafting, I leave meta crafting to others. I know how to make gear people want, I make it, I sell some, some ends up in standard tabs never to be touched again until one day GGG decides to nerf another affix set and suddenly the item is unobtainable and gains value.
I don't know where you get the impression of me playing poe as hack and slash, after almost a decade in game it seems a tad confusing, but not really going to try and change your views.
Ya Lake is worthless to run.
I have a build that can take the Feared and massive juiced T16 maps and the lake can one shot me because at lvl 12+ tiles put INSANE buffs on the big mobs and the loot is GARBAGE literal GARBAGE.

The league was LAZILY put together. Like are there only 2 people working on it?
The worst league in the last 6 leagues. 3.20 BETTER bring it.
"
VernerHolt wrote:
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

That's sort of it. Chaos resist has been optional for a decade in POE. It's always been a quality of life thing and that part of the game balance aspect has always been well understood both by player community and the devs. This is the reason chaos resist rolls and weighting are both substantially lower on gear, from roughly 20% less chaos resist on amethyst ring VS sapphire/ruby/topaz, to much, much weaker amethyst flask compared to ruby or topaz or sapphire flask. (stores less that 2 full uses in charges vs ele flasks storing 2.5 full uses, has 15% less resistance bonus and no 20% less damage roll)
To then introduce massive chaos hits and chaos degen effects all over the place, (even ignoring the old desecrated ground and the Eater of Worlds packs leaving chaos degen effects, the toxic volatiles were huge hits, usually bigger than Al Hezmin melee) without giving the players the means to actually gear up for chaos defense is spiteful at best. I'm not out her whining about chaos damage, in most part, I can get through maps, Al hezmin fights and everything else without scaling the chaos resist, I'm suggesting that maybe there's a need to revisit the way chaos defenses work if the devs are intent on making such chaos damage hits a thing.
I don't much care about players paying for boosts. Five ways as experience farm were added by the devs, clearly they're aware what's going on, clearly they don't care. If someone wants to just get that final level for the much needed passive point and doesn't want to spend 300 t16 maps on it, let them. If they then 6 portal every map they run, who cares, let them play the way they want to play.
I don't look at divines and exalts in purely economical context, I look at it in the sense that if I want to divine roll a forbidden Shako, an already rare item, for Ice bite or some other support gem, it's now largely impossible or equivalent to farming up enough divines for a mageblood before I'll see a good combination. Which is why I'm saying that the double tap of destroying harvest AND switching divines and exalts without then providing a means to get divines that doesn't rely on TFT cullers or running a MF build, is a weird and extremely unpopular move.
As to crafting, I leave meta crafting to others. I know how to make gear people want, I make it, I sell some, some ends up in standard tabs never to be touched again until one day GGG decides to nerf another affix set and suddenly the item is unobtainable and gains value.
I don't know where you get the impression of me playing poe as hack and slash, after almost a decade in game it seems a tad confusing, but not really going to try and change your views.

This is me and I get one shotted in the lake at Tiles lvl 12+
Last edited by melkoriii on Sep 23, 2022, 2:21:38 PM
"
melkoriii wrote:
Ya Lake is worthless to run.
I have a build that can take the Feared and massive juiced T16 maps and the lake can one shot me because at lvl 12+ tiles put INSANE buffs on the big mobs and the loot is GARBAGE literal GARBAGE.

The league was LAZILY put together. Like are there only 2 people working on it?
The worst league in the last 6 leagues. 3.20 BETTER bring it.

is it story time already?

taken from YOUR challenges...
you ran literally 17 tiles of difficulty 3 and above, sorry, but who the hell is supposed to believe you :D :D :D

Also

next time, maybe dont leave the life out in the screenshot...

another fine detail...
but yea, whatever dude
Last edited by SquareCubiC on Sep 23, 2022, 3:35:11 PM
"
VernerHolt wrote:
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

yes chaos res was mostly optional, now, oh nooooooooo, it is borderline required :O
how dare they to do that :O
and gearing for all res + chaos res without any shenanigans is nearly impossible...
oh no, it is not... nevermind... it is actually quite easy Oo

you miss my point tho
that guy complained about a mechanic, that, if he instead invested (either by crafting or buying) adequate gear, wouldnt even bother him.
idgaf about what people are doing, but using your brain every now and then should not be asked too much. and skipping the actual game, by buying boosts, and then complain about the stuff happening ingame, is i dunno... i dont wanna say dumb, but at least thats weird.
this is like, playing world of warcraft classic, and complaining about levelling taking effort, buying a boost, and then again complain about the game, when it is YOU that failed to learn how to play your class.

also, RELYING on mf cullers?
nah dude, this is basically just another example of how the players experience and live up to fomo.
"oh no, that guy has more than i do"
you know whats funny?
every single league, when there is a challenge that requires the player to kill map bosses under certain conditions, there's always plenty, countless people complaining about "how these challenges make you play the game differently, you have to go out of your ways to complete those challenges"
and now? players on trade VOLUNTARILY go to tft to hire mf cullers...
so, they map with caution, leave the map, take the time and effort to get a shitty culler to do that bullshit.
??????????????????????
hello? what sort of hypocrisy is that?
you dont rely on that, not at all.
and i really dont understand how you could possibly word it that way.
but, once again, the ex divine change, is one of the best changes that happened to crafting.
if you were deeper into crafting, other than harvest "crafting", you'd understand and agree...
Last edited by SquareCubiC on Sep 23, 2022, 3:53:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info