An Overview of Upcoming Changes

Interesting that they are now deleting any negative comments, so let me try and repost what I wrote with a positive spin.

I find it very unfortunate that the gatekeepers of the game don't understand their game, and why people play it, and objectively make the game worse, why would anyone do this?, why would they make anything less rewarding? I can only understand doing so for nefarious purposes.

That said, I am pleased to see these negative changes walked back over a series of updates, but it's very worrying that 'we' continue to find ourselves in this position.
Until archnemesis is removed from the game, this game isn't going to be any fun.
Please don't abandon this league yet, changes implemented so far are good but they are not enough.

1) Impact of IIQ and IIR on players combined with party is too extreme and creates a situation where calling "MF cull" from TFT feels mandatory. If you don't do it, you are stripping yourself out of 50-90% of the profit.

While IIQ / IIR gear has some place in this game as it's essentially "magic find" from Diablo II split into 2 stats it shouldn't create difference that extreme. Currently the difference between solo kill and MF cull with party bonus is like 20 times more loot. This is not acceptable.

2) Archnemesis still feels awful, and it felt awful since day 1 of Sentinel league. I don't get why you guys are so stubborn with it and insist on it to be ABSOLUTELY FUCKING EVERYWHERE, with no exemptions.

It rarely was a problem with generic monsters in your acts or maps. The problem starts when Archnemesis stacks with league mechanic difficulty scaling mechanisms. In the original implementation of Archnemesis (3.17) it was self-contained and optional, you could build a monster that was harder to kill than a pinnacle boss, but it wouldn't interfere with your league mechanics by a random chance.

We have mechanics that put modifiers on monsters already (Torment, Bestiary, Essence), we have mechanics that scale the percentages (Delve) and we have Expedition where you decide what kind of difficulty you are putting.

For example you can take one 50% block node from Expedition and it's not a big issue. But then fucking Sentinel archnemesis rares spawn and this 50% stacks with another 50%, max block also stacks. You find yourself fighting a monster that blocks almost everything.
"
We are planning to limit the number of Archnemesis mods that can spawn on certain rare monsters. For example, those that spawn additional monsters in boss fights and those that can't drop items.

We are monitoring the current situation where players feel forced to swap items or hire a magic find culler against specific four-mod Archnemesis monsters. We don't have an immediate solution for this but we are actively looking at it.

This can easily be solved by REMOVING ARCHNEMESIS FROM THE GAME!!!!!!1!111!!!1!11!
"
Lightning Mirages from the Storm Strider modifier spawn by increasing their cooldown and making them spawn close to the player but not right on top

Why these were designed to spawn inside the player's butt in the first place will forever remain a mystery.

Has legs
Can walk
Spawns inside the player anyway and immediately primes to detonate.
Fun wasn't had by anyone.

I'm glad you're doing something about it, its certainly my most hated modifier, but there's still a lot of other annoying Archnemesis modifiers that encourage fast/frantic gameplay.

Most Archnemesis modifiers fail every single design point you highlighted as a reason for their creation and implementation over the old modifiers.

This isn't just a niche community talking point, I have several friends who often quit before maps and have never killed a pinnacle boss. This is their endgame, they all hate Archnemesis way more than I do.

Archnemesis is not engaging, it doesn't promote counter play (other than MORE DAMAGE GO FASTER!), it isn't easy to identify, the modifiers aren't clear, there's more screen clutter.
Not having an obvious, we're giving you back harvest keep suffix/prefixes. Is utterly baffling and disgusting that you guys refuse to make the easy decisions that would make your community calm their rage and be happier. I truly hope you guys learn that the community's opinion of what is fun in a reasonable sense is astronomically more important than your loot goblin speed mapping vision.
First post this league that actually sounds nice. If you go through with it, i will change my negative steam review.
cool beans. thx!
Few more useless patch like last ones incoming.
when harvest update with return keep suff/pref and more common reforges??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info