widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
Universalis wrote:
"
allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once

I think it's all clear, especially with the Archnemesis shit, theses cheaters were able to aim with a ranger from the cornerscreen.

At least this was fixed. Community has other priorities.

The community needs to get its head straight then. Black borders are killing the expirience and are not explainable to people just starting with POE.

I am 100% with you, if you say that there had to be a change, but the way they did it is visually inacceptable and unfair. (The huge black borders are passable for your cursor, which is not even fixed by "Confine Cursor to Window"-option. So in fact if you are using a screen with a large aspect ratio atm, you are punished for it by beeing able to loose track of your cursor.)

So please pretty please, if you have never tried playing POE on a ultrawide screen setup, just keep out of the conversation. This is NOT a "We want our unfair advantage back!"-thread!
Last edited by Jocker46 on Aug 26, 2022, 1:44:44 PM
"
Jocker46 wrote:
This is NOT a "We want our unfair advantage back!"-thread!

It's really amusing to watch the white knights try and spin it this way, because I've never seen a SINGLE complaint on reddit or on this forum about how unfair it is that POE works on ultrawide displays until this patch.

Support for all resolutions/aspect ratios has been in the game for TEN YEARS and NOBODY was complaining about it.

It's one of the most pure forms of white knighting I've ever seen, because there is no real argument to be made here. There's just a nonsense excuse from GGG for why they removed a feature from their game, and now that excuse is getting parroted around by NPCs (who probably have never even been in the same room as an ultrawide display) as if it has even a shred of validity.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 26, 2022, 1:28:08 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Jocker46 wrote:

It's really amusing to watch the white knights try and spin it this way, because I've never seen a SINGLE complaint on reddit or on this forum about how unfair it is that POE works on ultrawide displays until this patch.

Support for all resolutions/aspect ratios has been in the game for TEN YEARS and NOBODY was complaining about it.

It's one of the most pure forms of white knighting I've ever seen, because there is no real argument to be made here. There's just a nonsense excuse from GGG for why they removed a feature from their game, and now that excuse is getting parroted around by NPCs (who probably have never even been in the same room as an ultrawide display) as if it has even a shred of validity.

look, i've been on the other end of the line for 10 years of poe because i always played on a office monitor with 16:10 resolution in fullscreen.

i just didn't know that this resolution cuts off content left and right which actually is in the regular activation radius cause the displayed content in the height in the game is fixed.

i got oneshot from left and right and nobody told me to set the resolution so it adds bars to the top/bottom.
i thought in 16:10 i see more vertical content than with 16:9 which would have been a advantage cause most attacks come from top/down.

it's not whiteknighting, i'm pissed others were more clever than me and always got the advantage of seeing more content :)

it never worked with other resolution ratios, the game is designed for 16:9 only.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 26, 2022, 3:13:33 PM
Bump
"
vio wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Jocker46 wrote:

look, i've been on the other end of the line for 10 years of poe because i always played on a office monitor with 16:10 resolution in fullscreen.

i just didn't know that this resolution cuts off content left and right which actually is in the regular activation radius cause the displayed content in the height in the game is fixed.

i got oneshot from left and right and nobody told me to set the resolution so it adds bars to the top/bottom.
i thought in 16:10 i see more vertical content than with 16:9 which would have been a advantage cause most attacks come from top/down.

it's not whiteknighting, i'm pissed others were more clever than me and always got the advantage of seeing more content :)

it never worked with other resolution ratios, the game is designed for 16:9 only.

3 things wrong with your arguments here...

1) The game is not designed for 16:9 only. The same patch where they broke 32:9 also specifically adds features for 21:9.

2) I've played hundreds of hours at 32:9 and never noticed any problems with activation radii. It worked more or less flawlessly.

3) If there are bugs with a particular screen resolution, the solution is to fix the bugs, not remove the ability to play at a particular screen resolution.

When people get on a forum and start defending GGG's removal of features by using arguments with obvious holes everywhere in their logic, AND those arguments have NEVER been made before and more or less popped up overnight, it's very difficult to read that as anything other than NPC white knighting.
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 26, 2022, 4:19:14 PM
"
Jocker46 wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:
"
allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once

I think it's all clear, especially with the Archnemesis shit, theses cheaters were able to aim with a ranger from the cornerscreen.

At least this was fixed. Community has other priorities.

The community needs to get its head straight then. Black borders are killing the expirience and are not explainable to people just starting with POE.

I am 100% with you, if you say that there had to be a change, but the way they did it is visually inacceptable and unfair. (The huge black borders are passable for your cursor, which is not even fixed by "Confine Cursor to Window"-option. So in fact if you are using a screen with a large aspect ratio atm, you are punished for it by beeing able to loose track of your cursor.)

So please pretty please, if you have never tried playing POE on a ultrawide screen setup, just keep out of the conversation. This is NOT a "We want our unfair advantage back!"-thread!

It's possible to bring you the ratio but the borders of you screen will be completely distorded so you will have the same field of view than a 16:9.
End of story, OR... It can be a zoom IN and you will lose some field of view vs 16:9.

In anyway the distorded solution is the ONLY ONE you can get. You will never have something else. I hope you get it asap for sure, i means once they fixed their Arch meme failure.

ps: i think you can find youtube videos of the distorded version i am talking, it's not that bad, better than black borders.
Last edited by Universalis on Aug 26, 2022, 8:31:25 PM
Bump.
Bump.

Fix this GGG
Bump
^

Report Forum Post

Report Account: