widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Buellzorz wrote:
PoE isn't a competitive game. I'm not playing it for money. I'm not leveraging an advantage over someone else by having different hardware.

I spent 800 USD on a larger screen **for PoE** and now it doesn't work.

You don't ban for flask macro. You can't ban for PoB. You've never told me I wasn't allowed to use my screen space.

Give it back.

Here's how you know the "rEmOvEd bEcAusE CoMpEtItIvE AdVaNtAgE" argument is 100% fabricated BS with zero validity....

How many people who have competed in and won real money prize events in PoE have used 32:9 monitors? To my knowledge, ZERO.

Because it's not a competitive advantage that has any meaning whatsoever in this game.

The logic behind this change is even more absurd and out of touch than the other problems in this patch. It's indefensible and only makes the game worse.

Not to mention that their stated reason for the change was an issue with loading entities on the edge of the screen.

So the argument is that ultrawides are causing serialization issues at the edge of the screen because entities aren't loading correctly, and those serialization issues (that have been known about since alpha btw) are so severe that they require black bars on a third of our screens.

At the same time, seeing more of the game is a competitive advantage, even though the serialization issue stated as the reason for the change supposedly causes this bug where our screens do not reflect the game state as it is on the servers. Not only that, if the issue is this "competitive advantage", then why allow 21:9 monitors? Clearly those are also "competitive advantage". Or maybe that's just complete nonsense.

Those two issues can't be true at the same time.

Sounds to me like what happened was, much like every other change made this league, the decision to do this was rushed and wasn't thought out at all, and whoever worked on it either didn't know that this was already a known issue that no one cared about or didn't understand that there's a long term history of these screens being allowed (originally as Eyefinity/NVidia Surround displays).

Really quite silly that this is still going when the game is still rendering in 32:9 underneath those black bars.
Last edited by ammo109 on Aug 28, 2022, 10:26:12 PM
^ 100% agree

I have no idea what is going on over there at GGG, but this is so bafflingly illogical and nonsensical that I cannot imagine ever playing Path of Exile again if they don't fix it.

What the heck is going on at GGG that anyone thinks this is OK?
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
ammo109 wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:
"
allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once

I think it's all clear, especially with the Archnemesis shit, theses cheaters were able to aim with a ranger from the cornerscreen.

At least this was fixed. Community has other priorities.

My man, this isn't a thing. I can't speak for before when I got an ultrawide in 2017, but since at least that time, the game has always had a locked mouse activation radius around your character. You can search the forums for people incorrectly reporting this as a bug when GGG has stated multiple times over the years that that limited range for mouse input was intended, while ultrawide resolutions were fine.

See for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyTaGc6B0Bg
GGG's explanation for mouse input: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2472306#p21832374

You just don't have any idea what you're talking about.

You don't get it, I am simply talking about the field of view.
GGG can't allow few players with ultra wide to SEE content that the vast majority using 16/9 cant, it would be unfair and 16/9 people would probably complain.

The video you posted exactly shows that btw, congrats lol.

Last edited by Universalis on Aug 28, 2022, 10:26:19 PM
"
Universalis wrote:

GGG can't allow few players with ultra wide to SEE content that the vast majority using 16/9 cant, it would be unfair and 16/9 people would probably complain.

It's not unfair. Nobody has ever made this argument in the history of PoE. Nothing you said here can be defended in any way. Stop being an NPC white knight.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:

It's not unfair. Nobody has ever made this argument in the history of PoE. Nothing you said here can be defended in any way. Stop being an NPC white knight.

It's zooming and it's a cheat. You can use projectiles and aim what others cant see, it's also an incredibly unfair advantage in pvp etc..
I am not here to teach you the basics.
"
Universalis wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:

It's zooming and it's a cheat. You can use projectiles and aim what others cant see, it's also an incredibly unfair advantage in pvp etc..
I am not here to teach you the basics.

1) PoE has existed for 11 years and this argument didn't exist - EVER - until 10 days ago

2) ZERO competitive players win competitive PoE events by using this supposed "cheat", meaning there is ZERO evidence that this provides a competitive advantage

3) By this same logic, 21:9 is a "cheat", but 21:9 is still allowed.

4) By this same logic, having a fast PC that can run PoE at 200fps instead of 60fps is a "cheat" because it allows you to react to everything much more quickly.

5) By this same logic, M/KB support should be disabled on PC because controllers are supported, and M/KB is basically "cheating" compared to playing on a controller.

6) PVP is not a thing in this game

7) Stop being an NPC white knight

8) GGG, Fix your game.
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 28, 2022, 10:39:49 PM
Bump.
"
What the client currently supports is what's intended.
I'm locking this thread as it is no longer a bug report.
Feel free to continue the discussion in the Suggestion & Feedback forum section.

Edit: For clarity, that section can be found here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/feedback

There is also an existing thread for this, here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3294819

Note: all the feedback from this thread and the other threads has been considered.
Originally, the way the resolution was handled on league launch wasn't ideal, a small change was made.

You guys are just insistent on pissing off your playerbase?

What kind of nonsense response is this from GGG?

"What's intended". Unbelievable. Who are you to dictate what I can do with my own hardware? Every other modern game supports 5120x1440 and you decide to remove this resolution from your "vision" because of some nonsensical technical explanation. Hint: There are professional software engineers that play your game, and your excuse of "server serialization" is 100% nonsense.

Good job GGG, your "small change" has made me quit until you restore 32:9
Last edited by XeoTech on Aug 29, 2022, 12:28:55 AM
So many disappointments this league.

Monsters with archnemesis are overpowered. Again.

Loot drops are nerfed - except for the cheaters, who are prospering like never before.

League content is visually pretty, but by comparison to other league content, it's difficult and rewards are minimal.

And then GGG absolutely INSISTS that forcing me to revert my screen ratio back to what it was EIGHT YEARS AGO isn't a bug, it's a "Feature".

I was under the impression that new features add to the product. I guess they did technically add... they added black bars.

Just another several pieces of evidence showing that GGG is getting less and less in touch with their customer base. At this rate, by the time v2.0 is released, it'll be a dumbed down mobile only version.

We came here because Blizzard messed up Diablo, and GGG understood what we wanted. Players are leaving PoE because GGG is, more and more, resembling Blizzard.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Aug 29, 2022, 1:53:37 AM
Man, this change that is what has been "intended" is such a joke, especially the excuse used for doing so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info