[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Did some testing on the Trickster. I basically took and crafted some gear and did some passive tree I thought was ok. He seems kinda hard to kill because I didn't die once. I could stand in almost anything. I ran a Height of Hubris Captivated Interest Shaper guardian invitation and upped the vid if you want to see that sweet overleech in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbDrKyZPVGw

This was with SSF gear on a level 95 character. No clusters. Best gear pieces are my triple T1 ES Fingerless Gloves with Culling Strike I found a couple leagues ago and a body armour with T1 Life (lol). Custom gem setup mapping without Cyclone, no stampede, Grace+Defiance Banner et.c. See PoB below if you want to compare.

So there is definitely room for lots of minmaxing for you trade league andies to get this version going smooth. Definitely feels like the tankiest version ever. The ES/Mana on kill is actually also quite insane. I had 10 unique Masteries so that's 10% ES recover on kill on top of the 46% ES maxtotal overleech (almost half my ES is leeched per second). Could potentially run noregen mods if you pace your casting and maybe remove an aura. Less recovery mod is definitely easier with this instant on kill recovery as well.

PoB: https://pobb.in/AoxYaFw1-UjC
Very nice! Looks promising. What about stun?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
Very nice! Looks promising. What about stun?

TBD. We'll probably use brine king/tolerance passive cluster for now.
seems like trickster version has the same stun immunity problem with occultist, and worse because harvest implicit crafting is gone.

so i wonder whats the alternative?
1. Tolerance node
2. brine king
3. awakened CwC

anything else?
Does Cast Speed on the Weapon affect Cast while Channeling in any way?
"
Raphanasuan wrote:
Does Cast Speed on the Weapon affect Cast while Channeling in any way?

No, but we use 2 staff (1 for boss and 1 for mapping)
boss staff doesn't have CWC, so in that stuff having more cast speed is good.
Level 43, just switched in to whispering ice with a 4L. Feel very fragile; when the build works it's pretty decent but I die pretty easily. Any tips on early survivability/QoL must-haves to make the Acts a bit more deathless?

Already have Heartstopper, and am running 3 life flasks.
"
vadrieriand wrote:
seems like trickster version has the same stun immunity problem with occultist, and worse because harvest implicit crafting is gone.

so i wonder whats the alternative?
1. Tolerance node
2. brine king
3. awakened CwC

anything else?

Boot enchant: 80% chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently

Flask suffix: of Tenaciousness ilvl80 (51–55)% Chance to Avoid being Stunned during Flask Effect

There's also Practical Application and its 2 siblings which give 55% stun avoid while casting. If you can get the remaining 45% elsewhere it will make you stun immune while casting. It is additive with other sources of global stun avoidance.

I think 100% avoidance is not necessary if you're playing self cast and softcore. Some mitigation might make it just enough to feel fine. Being stunned in Cyclone is not satisfying though and I believe it still desync you on predictive mode so I guess thats where you want a hundred. So yep Awakened CwC is your best option.
Last edited by LiNGeN on Aug 20, 2022, 4:20:12 PM
Well shoot. GGG hotfixed the City of Sarn not to spawn kalandra things -- there goes my quick method to farm the lake.

Zero chaos drops so far at level 38, so no staff for me. Is this just RNG or did I miss some clever new way to farm chaos? The staves are still at 3c or more.

-------------------

Yeah, I'm not used to selling stuff early in the league. I've got 4c now from selling currency and am just waiting for an appropriate staff now.

OK purchased an ilvl > 50 staff, 20% qual'd it, then hit 5S in 4 jeweler orbs. Finally. Perfect colors too. Destiny at last.
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 20, 2022, 6:32:15 PM
I just farmed chaos (natural drops, swapped fusings / vaals for it) and bought the staff for 5c.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info