[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
Well shoot. GGG hotfixed the City of Sarn not to spawn kalandra things -- there goes my quick method to farm the lake.

Zero chaos drops so far at level 38, so no staff for me. Is this just RNG or did I miss some clever new way to farm chaos? The staves are still at 3c or more.

-------------------

Yeah, I'm not used to selling stuff early in the league. I've got 4c now from selling currency and am just waiting for an appropriate staff now.

OK purchased an ilvl > 50 staff, 20% qual'd it, then hit 5S in 4 jeweler orbs. Finally. Perfect colors too. Destiny at last.

I have felt for the past few leagues that drops are are way more common with the league mechanic, which I guess in a way makes sense. I've honestly been skipping most just because of the time it takes to run through while leveling. Have only had 1c drop myself, but ultimately its rng.
"
stephenp1983 wrote:

I have felt for the past few leagues that drops are are way more common with the league mechanic, which I guess in a way makes sense. I've honestly been skipping most just because of the time it takes to run through while leveling. Have only had 1c drop myself, but ultimately its rng.

I always run the league mechanic as soon as it doesn't kill me every time. Sentinel league it was the thing to do. This league, nope. I was getting more useful loot from delve and heist.

Oh look I dropped an exalted orb! That previously would have geared me to T10 maps roughly. Sigh. I'm still projecting it'll go to about 20c. At least it dropped.
I dropped a divine and bought myself a decent Astramentis :)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
stephenp1983 wrote:

I always run the league mechanic as soon as it doesn't kill me every time. Sentinel league it was the thing to do. This league, nope. I was getting more useful loot from delve and heist.

Oh look I dropped an exalted orb! That previously would have geared me to T10 maps roughly. Sigh. I'm still projecting it'll go to about 20c. At least it dropped.

yep totally agree, also felt heist was great for drops compared to other places early on while leveling... Just had my second chaos drop from a random chest lol. going to buy the staff now and see if it encourages me to keep going.
Quick update from someone a bit far in.

The build is the tankiest it's ever been, tanking without the watchers eye on the Trickster feels like doing it on the witch with the watcher's eye.

The tankyness on normal gear with int slapped on it (1666 INT and 6.4k ES) Feels out of this world, I can't even imagine how much of a tank it will be once fully upgraded.
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
Quick update from someone a bit far in.

The build is the tankiest it's ever been, tanking without the watchers eye on the Trickster feels like doing it on the witch with the watcher's eye.

The tankyness on normal gear with int slapped on it (1666 INT and 6.4k ES) Feels out of this world, I can't even imagine how much of a tank it will be once fully upgraded.

Thanks for posting, that's good to hear! I took the liberty of loading up your build in PoB - very instructive.

So -Max Life rings won't instakill CI builds? That should help with getting high Int rings a bit cheaper.
Shit. I sold a white large cluster jewel for 50c that was worth a divine. Ilvl of cluster jewels matters... pay attention. Trade said 10-15c for the general flavor of that specific item -- I didn't think to check for ilvl until it was too late. (The trader sent a good text -- PAYING 50c for that right now, when everyone else was offering 15c. The large cluster was ilvl 59.)

The thing that was actually insane was that I had picked up the jewel on my cursor and was hovering it above my Sell stash -- it's not inside, it's just HOVERING OVER IT -- and I get a trade request for that item! WTF?
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 21, 2022, 8:05:36 PM
At 1400 int with 5.8k es it definitely feels tankier than average but still not facetank levels of tanky, at least not against archenemeses.

Also I did the writhing invitation and the immunity phases of the bosses are extremely painful. Overleech doesnt seem to be helping anywhere near as much as I was led to believe.
Last edited by Larloch1821 on Aug 21, 2022, 9:51:47 PM
Jesus trickster build is soo tanky, loving it!

Also just got this nasty ring
"
Larloch1821 wrote:
At 1400 int with 5.8k es it definitely feels tankier than average but still not facetank levels of tanky, at least not against archenemeses.

Also I did the writhing invitation and the immunity phases of the bosses are extremely painful. Overleech doesnt seem to be helping anywhere near as much as I was led to believe.

Well, you are missing damage from your low level gems, you don't have Rumi's, you don't have CWDT Immortal call, you only use 1 curse instead of 2.

And ofc you have only 1400 Int, when was the last time you could face tank with so little ES and Int? this league you can.

As for phase based bosses, that was always the weakest point of any build using Ghost Reaver however, overleech lasts 4 seconds which is plenty of time, the only 2 bosses which are hard for a Ghost Reaver build are Eater of Worlds and Exarch ball phase, I did Sirus deathless on my witch and I'm pretty sure it will be much easier on Trickster.

Please note that our actual damage this league will be noticably lower than the PoB:

1.Endgame amulet - Harvest was absolutely gutted, 99.99% of the people here won't have the endgame amulet. Since we can't reforge keep suffixes, the amulet crafting cost will be over 200 divines on average.

2.Cluster Jewel enchants are now gone, we have to get stun immunity via jewel corruptions - we can't use the forbidden flesh and flame jewels that are in the PoB easily - thats 25% damage gone vs single bosses.

3.Divining gear is now non-existant, so expect the int rolls to not be highest tier and min-maxing much much harder.

League and changes wise, I feel like PoE 2 is drawing closer and GGG are trying really hard to streamline the transition from PoE to PoE 2, this is why we get these changes that feel like "hard mode", I believe their current vision is completely detached from what made PoE such a success, I can't remember the last time I was excited to try a build as build diversity is the same every league for the past year.

I'm really enjoying my time on Trickster, I don't recall a league where I barely died at all with so little investment into Int and ES.

Mad props to Kelvynn who consistently keeps the build fresh, Isn't afraid to make changes and always delivers an enjoyable experience with this build despite outside changes.

EDIT:
Just face tanked eater and exarch, tanking the tentacles and fire barrage on them, overleech is nuts.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Aug 30, 2022, 10:50:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info