Enabling the Trade Site for Console Players

This is an amazing change! If this brings us one step closer to cross-play I'm all for it! Cross-progress or save would be the ultimate gift.
"
kandidar wrote:
This is a step backwards. Please, please, please do not remove the trade board.

What we needed was a way to alleviate price fixing and we would be good. If this is the solution to price fixing, don't fix it.

The way to fix price fixing is something they don't want to do. Auto trade accepting is off the table.

I prefer to message 10 people in 2 minutes and get no response than to attempt 10 trades in 1 hour because my currency is held up by each for 5 minutes with no response. Much less time wasted, not to mention the saved time on searching.
Hey, it's all just relative simple - to show the game growth you mush show larger online pool. So that's simple - the more "manual" trade is the more time you should spend in-game to sell or buy items.
How can you show game's growth if 1/3 or even 2/3 of characters are bots or AFK-gamers who is online only to sell their stash?
Last edited by Wedlor on Aug 17, 2022, 12:16:04 PM
rofl, this argumentation in this post
"
moneal wrote:
"
kandidar wrote:

What we needed was a way to alleviate price fixing and we would be good. If this is the solution to price fixing, don't fix it.

The way to fix price fixing is something they don't want to do. Auto trade accepting is off the table.

I prefer to message 10 people in 2 minutes and get no response than to attempt 10 trades in 1 hour because my currency is held up by each for 5 minutes with no response. Much less time wasted, not to mention the saved time on searching.

Genuine question, do you seriously not believe price fixing occurs on pc? surely you can't be that naive... This tradesite won't fix price fixing. the ONLY reason GGG is pushing this is so they no longer have to spend developer hours maintaining the tradeboard. If you think this a third party website is a good alternative to the IN GAME TRADEBOARD, I hope you enjoy league starts when the trade API is down for weeks, the only items posted have been gone for days, and people never answer you.

I hope everyone who is in favor of the tradeboard going away enjoys playing the game with the 10 afk traders who will remain playing this game after that change occurs.
Last edited by uGotDumpstrd on Aug 17, 2022, 12:26:04 PM
Nice change.
But why don't you implement this in-game and make the market in-game . why do we have to spend so much time on websites?
Take example the black desert game market or other games.
I go search an item with the spec's i need accept the price of the buyer and buy it easy as that, the seller receive he's currency in a separate stash or same stash or e-mail, i get my item and get to play the game. Us the players have to suffer so much and spend so much time trading or trying to trade . Example
Search item mods and so on, found over 100+ even more sellers and starting to whisper ppl with copy paste from the cheapest ofc after 20 whispers for a 1c item i go to 3c and after another 10 whispers with none of them responding i try 5c and after 5 whispers 1 eventually responds and sells me the item . Spent over 20 minutes without enjoying the game and getting frustrated and cursing and adding meat into the development team fridges. Don't do this bull.... to poe2 also think about us (we will stay in-game even more for tracking site's to measure the population of the game) and better release it later then to do thing faster .
Trade site only works on PC because people are running 17 trade apps and frameworks to price and check things.
And using a M/K on a PC with alt+tab or multiple screens.

On console? Trainwreck with a garbage truck on fire.
This is only good to price fixers and bot creators.
Everyone else gets the hose again I guess.

"
uGotDumpstrd wrote:
"
moneal wrote:
"
kandidar wrote:

Genuine question, do you seriously not believe price fixing occurs on pc? surely you can't be that naive... This tradesite won't fix price fixing. the ONLY reason GGG is pushing this is so they no longer have to spend developer hours maintaining the tradeboard. If you think this a third party website is a good alternative to the IN GAME TRADEBOARD, I hope you enjoy league starts when the trade API is down for weeks, the only items posted have been gone for days, and people never answer you.

I hope everyone who is in favor of the tradeboard going away enjoys playing the game with the 10 afk traders who will remain playing this game after that change occurs.

Of course they are on PC as well. People never answer currently. It is much easier to deal with them on PC since you can send 10 messages in 2 minutes instead of attempt 10 trades in an hour. With thee trade board you have to assume the seller is in a map and wait 2 to 5 minutes to allow them to accept.

Also it is no longer a third party website. GGG runs the trade site, which is why you have to be logged in to direct message using the site.
By the way when there is a new league and I actually play then I have dozens of trades per day. At some points surely 100+ in the lower chaos region...
Just imagine doing them all manually. Nope wont happen. These 1-2c junks will just be vendored as actually selling them would be a chaos per hour loss. This means that the other guy wont find the item he needed...
Last edited by MaxW81 on Aug 17, 2022, 12:52:20 PM
"
makeme1 wrote:
Nice change.
But why don't you implement this in-game and make the market in-game . why do we have to spend so much time on websites?
Take example the black desert game market or other games.
I go search an item with the spec's i need accept the price of the buyer and buy it easy as that, the seller receive he's currency in a separate stash or same stash or e-mail, i get my item and get to play the game. Us the players have to suffer so much and spend so much time trading or trying to trade . Example
Search item mods and so on, found over 100+ even more sellers and starting to whisper ppl with copy paste from the cheapest ofc after 20 whispers for a 1c item i go to 3c and after another 10 whispers with none of them responding i try 5c and after 5 whispers 1 eventually responds and sells me the item . Spent over 20 minutes without enjoying the game and getting frustrated and cursing and adding meat into the development team fridges. Don't do this bull.... to poe2 also think about us (we will stay in-game even more for tracking site's to measure the population of the game) and better release it later then to do thing faster .

That example on console currently would take 20 minutes just to find 5 of the items you are interested in. Then another 5 to 10 minutes on each item just to get no response from the sellers, all while currency is tied up with each one. On small trades this isn't that big of a deal if you set up all the trades at the same time, but who wants to put up currency on multiple items when you only need one. The only positive of the current system is bulk currency sales. For items pc trades are completed faster than just searching on console.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info