Enabling the Trade Site for Console Players

Hi,

I can understand the philosophy of not making trading too easy. I do think though that the gaming world has changed from what it used to be.

As an older gamer (late 50's) I have seen some amazing things happen with technology. Still remember clearly being so scared playing Doom when it came out, the improvement in PC's from the birth of the 8086 processor to ground breaking consoles like the amiga.

The graphics, sound and complexity of modern games would have been from out of a science fiction novel if we could have seen how fast technology has come. That is the important point, moving forward. Stagnation is death in the gaming world, no matter how much you love a game, so POE is so good as it constantly brings new content to life.

I play on PC and PS5 and if I am honest with myself I have noticed how much slower I am to do things in game and to react, type messages and so on. This is a frustration of getting older of course, but it is also a frustration that is not needed. I don't like to waste other peoples time who have to be more patient when trading with me as it takes me a bit longer to find the item, put the currency in the window and then check it is correct.

I get the concern that modern players consume content so quickly. Having a trading "brake" to slow people down, or make it more difficult to get by having to contact multiple people until you eventually find someone willing to stop what they are doing and group up to sell you the item is the solution that POE has chosen.

I personally believe the QoL improvements that a functional "trade market" in game feature would bring far outweighs the negatives. From a player perspective it makes scamming impossible (switching items etc) and saves the player so much time. And the saving of time is the important thing, we cannot make more of it, and in the modern world the pressures on our time are many and varied. There are so many things all vying for our attention and so the time we spend on any game has to be time well spent. Are there things that need addressing to make a functional trade market that is not abused, yes, but in my opinion the effort would be well worth it in the end.
Your trade system is bad. Do something about it.
Lets see what happens when d4 comes out. Easy to ignore the wishes of your playerbase when there is little competition. In the meantime I will continue my ban on any sinking any money into this game.
Path of Messages are comming...

please just introduce automated trading for currency and uniques. it's flustering to leave the map and lose the portal because someone wants to buy something for 10-30c. I don't want to waste time on it, I just want to play tha game. SSF is not for me. Really many players have a limited time and most of that time is wasted on the archaic trading system. Your game is bleeding and you just pat on the shoulder saying it will be fine, but we are still bleeding and have less and less blood.
I been waiting for something like this and lock step its another+
a mobile app please!!! a pc does not have it everyone but the mobile yes, if you could integrate an interaction between the mobile and the console would help a lot, writing with the controller is a pussy. sorry for the gramatical failures but it is written with goolgle transalate
Please do not cross-play, it will destroy the host platform and make the host platform currency worthless
First day of the league " the trade whisper causes the game to crash we are working on a fix thx for your patience"
If you remove Trade Market im never touching POE again.
Not just because i have to invite someone to a party, wait for them to join, pray xbox or ps party works at that moment, look at their hedious MTX, try not to get scammed etc.
Every time you drop a unique to check its price you'll have to grab your phone, open trade site and look its price up there. Does that sound like a good game experience to you?
"lockstep on console is next" !!!!!!!! :D
Maybe I can finally play Flicker on consoles soon too. Yay.

And I'd be sad to see the flea market go. I enjoyed that more than the Trade Site version. Having both is nice of course.
... is not a troll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info