[3.20] League starter Raider for Heist | Hit Explosive Arrow + some others | Come heist with us

https://youtu.be/ZOhMWXfThEM - did a quick league start simulation with EA hit raider up to level 61 with 1 heist and 3rd lab done.
I know i know, patchnotes are right around the corner, but just wanted to take it for another spin.
I already got some ideas how to improve tree and gems a bit.

If nothing changes plan is to get to level 61, then level via heist to level 67 and start endless heisting 67-68 for like.. first 20-30 hours?
Worked really well for me in 3.19 since i was able to gather like 15 divines and power up my gencry zerker from 0 to hero basically where i could farm shaper guardians over and over (eventually switched to memories and simulacrum duo with aurabot)
Hey, i'm not a heist guy, but it seems to be the best thing to do early on, like day 1 and 2, so I started to search, ended up here, saw ur leveling video, also how heist stategy works, but when i searched about endless heist, people say do to it as lvl: 61-62, then make a recipe to get ur level back, because NPC ill sell new contracts when you level up, saying this, my question is: endless at 67-68 ill not take way more contracts? it can be sustained?
"
truaslaique wrote:
Hey, i'm not a heist guy, but it seems to be the best thing to do early on, like day 1 and 2, so I started to search, ended up here, saw ur leveling video, also how heist stategy works, but when i searched about endless heist, people say do to it as lvl: 61-62, then make a recipe to get ur level back, because NPC ill sell new contracts when you level up, saying this, my question is: endless at 67-68 ill not take way more contracts? it can be sustained?

from my experience last league 67-68 can be sustained quite easily by doing demo + lockp + decept contracts.
But in the end i think it's just a personal preference. at level 67 you are obviously a tiny bit more powerful/faster, but in some badluck cases you can run out of the S/A tier contracts (rarely, but still), or just kill a tiny bit more mobs in the contract itself.

Ok patchnotes are out and im kinda-sorta find them disappointing?
curse changes are w/e for the most part, melee change with aoe on strikes mastery is..ok i guess? Still pigeonholes you into using both totems which is gigadumb i think.
Helix is pretty much dead (basically went from gem lvl20 to gem lvl0 in terms of added damage, brought down my poison dps on trickster from 10 mil to 6.2 kekw),
lightning stike is kinda dead? i hate that skill so w/e i guess
Lightning conduit is also gutted? went from 13 mil to 9 mil (-3 gem levels, and simming lower dmg effectiveness).
Oh well.

Imma tidy up the pob in the coming days.
No updated on high level hit EA for now, dont really have time to test it in standard. My advice would be - gather currency on HIT EA in endless heist, then decide if you want to push BP's or just buy items for some build. If you want to push BP's - buy gear for Asmodeus Toxic Rain Raider (imma yoink his pob and update this thread with it) and buy 3-4 5way carries (they should be no more than 2-3 divines i think).
Im kinda interested about heist this season, so is this build still working on 3.20 ?
"
Im kinda interested about heist this season, so is this build still working on 3.20 ?

yeah, there is really nothing changed in heist/raider/explosive arrow etc. so everything should work the same way as in 3.20.
I updated pob tiny bit with better gems, better pathing.
enjoy, probly gonna start with it on friday.
Ziz released a guide for TR (pathfinder), and Fuzzy Duckzy for Rain of Arrows (raider). Would those also work for Heist or would be much slower?
how the EA feel compared to toxic rain? right now i'm leaning TR just due to familiarity but never really tried EA.
Also, does this strategy make sense on SSF? or is it only for trade league really to make money to "buy" gear?
"
clawface wrote:
Ziz released a guide for TR (pathfinder), and Fuzzy Duckzy for Rain of Arrows (raider). Would those also work for Heist or would be much slower?

Ziz's build:
Should feel a bit beter for general PoE since it got all the progression and stuff, but much slower than a dedicated heister (and i mean.. WAY slower, his tree got almost 0 movement speed putting him at a puny 27% while we are rocking 194%)
But he's got more deeps and ehp and a better overall character.
Ziz also advice to level with PConc and then swap to TR which im no a huge fan of when it comes to first character, since im to lazy to shuffle all my gems/items around to do a complete playstyle switch (you will also need 21 respec point to swap to TR according to his POB)

Fuzzy's build:
Kinda same as Ziz build, but progression should feel a bit better due to how streamlined it is.
Also worse than a dedicated heister simply due to lower MS.

"
jonke wrote:
how the EA feel compared to toxic rain? right now i'm leaning TR just due to familiarity but never really tried EA.

Imo EA feels better at lower levels since dmg gets out faster and DMG is actually a tiny bit better. I do advice switching to TR tho if you want to do BP's and level 83 heist and actually have a character that can do t16 maps, but for now this tread is mostly focused on endless heist in terms of pobs. (check out asmodeusclips on youtube for endgame TR heist setup, it's an amazing build)

"
clawface wrote:
Also, does this strategy make sense on SSF? or is it only for trade league really to make money to "buy" gear?

depends on what you need in SSF really. Since im not familiar with it all that much i can only speculate.
You'll get a lot of useful currency such as regret, scours, alchs, alts. You can also opt in to do other type's of contracts that are worse in trade league for early power boost (essences, uniques, fragments for atziri). You'll get a lot of stacked decks for lucky div cards gamble. So while endless heist is king in trade, it still can be quite useful in SSF. Just keep in mind that a dedicated heist character is no the best idea in terms of "1 character per league"
Thank you lolshie that was perfect, exactly what I needed to know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info