[3.20] League starter Raider for Heist | Hit Explosive Arrow + some others | Come heist with us

Well after starting hexblast ignite and doing fairly ok for myself on maps but not getting shit for currency from anything other than ritual or heist i will try my hand at making heist dedicated character. Thank you for the guide
Build is going good so far had a question about the 6 link for the toxic rain.
how come the totem has focused ballista wouldn't viscous touch be better?
"
factions wrote:
Build is going good so far had a question about the 6 link for the toxic rain.
how come the totem has focused ballista wouldn't viscous touch be better?

sup
nah, focused ballista is the best dmg support for secondary dmg setup for bow-type.
Best links would be:
Toxic rain - ballista support - withering touch - focused ballista - awakened void manip lvl 5 - efficacy or awakened vicious proj.
If we are looking at non awakened gems:
Toxic rain - ballista support - withering touch - focused ballista - efficacy - vicious projectiles
Hey there. I've always wanted a speedster build in PoE, and I gave the EA Raider a go. I twinked at 61lvl to farm heist, chaos recipes etc. during the first days and I decided to push it once I felt comfortable. My build is almost identical to the "endgame" section in PoB (some alternate quality gems are missing, and have a 5link chest instead of 6l, don't have intimidation enchant) I've invested all I could farm on to get better gear. I'm having a blast playing it, it is so, so fast, it has everything that I ask for!

However, I really do have problem with Atlas progression. I know that for choosing speed, we lack the single-targeted damage and I'd be okay with hiring boss killers for the endgame content but I can't clear a T15 map bosses rare + corrupted at all. I somehow don't have any problem with mob packs unless they're 3-4 mods AN, they die after a second of firing EA, but I kited last boss for 15 minutes straight and still couldn't manage to kill it.

I want to be a heist and lab only runner eventually, but how can I (even if temporarily) get better at Atlas progression, especially the bosses? The "endgame" build also has empty sockets and it doesn't feel optimized for real endgame, besides the cost, of course. What would you recommend?

TL;DR: I'm having a blast zooming, but I can't kill map bosses T13-16 and can't progress Atlas. What do I do?
Last edited by misiro on Aug 28, 2022, 6:31:12 PM
"
misiro wrote:
Hey there. I've always wanted a speedster build in PoE, and I gave the EA Raider a go. I twinked at 61lvl to farm heist, chaos recipes etc. during the first days and I decided to push it once I felt comfortable. My build is almost identical to the "endgame" section in PoB (some alternate quality gems are missing, and have a 5link chest instead of 6l, don't have intimidation enchant) I've invested all I could farm on to get better gear. I'm having a blast playing it, it is so, so fast, it has everything that I ask for!

However, I really do have problem with Atlas progression. I know that for choosing speed, we lack the single-targeted damage and I'd be okay with hiring boss killers for the endgame content but I can't clear a T15 map bosses rare + corrupted at all. I somehow don't have any problem with mob packs unless they're 3-4 mods AN, they die after a second of firing EA, but I kited last boss for 15 minutes straight and still couldn't manage to kill it.

I want to be a heist and lab only runner eventually, but how can I (even if temporarily) get better at Atlas progression, especially the bosses? The "endgame" build also has empty sockets and it doesn't feel optimized for real endgame, besides the cost, of course. What would you recommend?

TL;DR: I'm having a blast zooming, but I can't kill map bosses T13-16 and can't progress Atlas. What do I do?

Ok, first of all i'll say that i didnt push raider above 61 since i've been mostly playing duo rn, so everything bellow is a total speculation.

I can suggest you get flammability gem for easy 20-25% more dmg and getting your 4th lab done (another 15% on top of that). You can drop LMP in totems for barrage support - it is an incredible boost to your single target dmg. Btw you can respec 1 dex node near farsight and maybe grab +10-10 life mastery. Or maybe proj dmg + attc dmg right near ranger start for cheap 1 point dmg.

Maybe it will help? try it out.
You can also always try to swap transcendent spirit for rain of splinters with a good roll (35 or so) but they are kinda expensive and use it for mapping.
level 73, having a lot of fun with this build. have been using karui ward amulet since the beginning and it's working good for me still, might have to change it in the future though. my other armor is a bit of a mess lmao but it's still better luck than i've had with other builds. i really enjoy heist so this is great for me :) btw best story leveling experience ive had with this probably
Love this guide, thanks! I made a few adjustments to the build, mostly for personal preference (I'm a longtime Raider labrunner). I killed Kitava and moved some points out of DPS and into flask management (Careful Conservationist & Natural Remedies, pathing to the latter through Flask Charges Used); combined with reduced flask charges used on belt, that gives a *massive* boost to flask uptime, although that's mostly personal preference. I also linked Phase Run with Increased Duration and Efficacy to get 100% phase run uptime. I'd additionally recommend grabbing boots with the increased Action Speed implicit for those starting later in the league; they're pretty cheap at this point and they add a nice extra boost to movespeed.

Been having a blast running this build, much appreciation for the writeup!

Btw, to the person having trouble with endgame: My labrunner builds could never really tackle content beyond like T12 or so, really. If you want to go all-content you need to throw away a bunch of movespeed and focus on damage and survivability more. One option for shifting the DPS strategy would be to ditch Precise Technique, which like Elemental Overload (my labrunner Raider's preferred keystone) is a way to get a big DPS boost from very few points at the expense of crits, one of the primary strategies for pushing DPS high enough for endgame content. My preferred strategy was to make another character entirely :P
Last edited by Strophon on Sep 3, 2022, 5:44:05 PM
Trying this, leveling was easy and pleasant.

Buuuut: I really hate the feel of explosive arrow and the survivability feels lacking even for heist. I hate delayed damage, I wanna see glowing projectiles fly killing everything in front of me instantly;)

Kinda wanna try to switch this to a lightning strike build (with life on hit claw) but after being away since abyss im not confident in my abilities at all ;) does this sound possible? Im ok with ditching like 100% move speed bcs it feels like it doesnt make a difference at all for me
Last edited by Lexodus on Oct 15, 2022, 9:39:48 AM
"
Are you nerfing Heist and Expedition rewards?

We have no plans regarding this.

looks like heist is still on the menu, boys.
I'll try to update pobs for 3.20 if needed.

And if i'll have time i'll try to level hit ea raider to 90 on standart simulating league start, just to maybe find some weakpoints (since i havent actually played this build at lvl83 heists).
But, as a possibility - you can always spend first 2-3 days endless heisting, they buy 5ways up to lvl 93 and go straight to decept+bp's farm.
This looks interesting to try in 3.20 if they don't blow up the skills somehow. Thank you for investing time into 3.20 update for us!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info