Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
Shaddrak wrote:
Everyone is tripping balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Calm down guys. The full patch notes have not even been revealed yet. Don't attack GGG unless the patch notes suck nuts and really are garbage. Until then give them a chance to fully release it. I bet lots of people are going to feel dumb for saying all these hateful things and then will be like oh wow so it really isn't that bad after all.

[Insert Hope]
This must be addressed

I made a post earlier where some questions were asked regarding the direction of the game. Until we get feedback to our feedback, please state if you dislike/like the character balance manifesto and say why.

It does not help if you threaten "I am not going to play the game" or what not. It does not help either to start conflicts between us on god knows what arguments that are not related to this particular manifesto. We need to give GGG a chance to either fix their option, retract it or offer other solutions for what they intend to do.

Lets try to be rational when we are posting. It is a negotiation and in a negotiation there is always space to wiggle the balance until we get to an agreement.

So, post motives for agreeing/disagreeing. Stay to the subject, and say what could be modified to fit our needs. If we start to deflect and have heated arguments about how many players did poe lose or how the game is dying, we are never going to help ggg get a valid feedback. (and just to clear, things out - poe has between 10k players and 30k players online every moment and the peaks go between 120 -150k at launch time - that is steam data not accounting for people that do not play from steam)

So be smart, people! We are in the same team. Say what you like/dislike and make your opinion clear without drama - also people have different opinions, so learn to respect them. On this matter arguing between us does not help.

Cheers!

Last edited by askpoe on Aug 6, 2022, 7:06:55 AM
"
This must be addressed

I made a post earlier where some questions were asked regarding the direction of the game. Until we get feedback of our feedback, please state if you dislike/like the character balance manifesto and say why.

It does not help if you threaten that you are not going to play the game or what not. It does not help either to start conflicts between us on god knows what arguments that are not related to this particular manifesto. We need to give GGG a chance to either fix their option, retract it or offer other solutions for what they intend to do.

Lets try to be rational when we are posting. It is a negotiation and in a negotiation there is always space to wiggle the balance until we get to an agreement

So post motives for agreeing/disagreeing. Stay to the subject and say what could be modified to fit our needs. If we start to deflect and have heated arguments about how many players does poe lost or how the game is dying we are never going to help ggg get a valid feedback. (and just to clear things out - poe has between 10k players and 30k players on every moment and the peaks go between 120 -150k at launch time - that is steam data not accounting for people that do not play from steam)

So be smart people. We are in the same team. Say what you like/dislike and make your opinion clear without drama - also people have different opinions. On this matter arguing between us does not help.

Cheers!

You are right, so here is my argument:

@GGG You nerf, we lose Fun, we stop playing.
The outcome of this is, you lose Money.
Last edited by ebeninami on Aug 6, 2022, 5:40:13 AM
"
This must be addressed

I made a post earlier where some questions were asked regarding the direction of the game. Until we get feedback to our feedback, please state if you dislike/like the character balance manifesto and say why.

It does not help if you threaten "I am not going to play the game" or what not. It does not help either to start conflicts between us on god knows what arguments that are not related to this particular manifesto. We need to give GGG a chance to either fix their option, retract it or offer other solutions for what they intend to do.

Lets try to be rational when we are posting. It is a negotiation and in a negotiation there is always space to wiggle the balance until we get to an agreement

So post motives for agreeing/disagreeing. Stay to the subject and say what could be modified to fit our needs. If we start to deflect and have heated arguments about how many players does poe lost or how the game is dying we are never going to help ggg get a valid feedback. (and just to clear things out - poe has between 10k players and 30k players online every moment and the peaks go between 120 -150k at launch time - that is steam data not accounting for people that do not play from steam)

So be smart people. We are in the same team. Say what you like/dislike and make your opinion clear without drama - also people have different opinions, so learn to respect them. On this matter arguing between us does not help.

Cheers!

Well said. Personally I would like for more of the game to be accessible and enjoyable which means (as a starting point) bringing more skills and items up to a viable level, and leaving existing items and mechanics as they are so that new things can be experienced without ruining things which have been done previously. I would also prefer if the competitive/top 1% were given ways to make their uber endgame experience harder, as opposed to implementing changes which make the majority of content harder or less accessible for everyone else. We have an Atlas Passive Tree now, why not add a cluster of nodes to beef up Shaper/Elder/Maven etc. to Uber/Uber+/MegaUber levels? That way scrubs like me can still have fun and maybe even think about creating my own viable build, whilst the super end-gamers can vie for superiority by choosing to buff their endgame as hard and as far as their build can handle.

TL;DR - don't gut good things, bring bad ones up to a good level. Let people buff and challenge their own end-game difficulty via mechanics such as Atlas Passives without compromising the core game experience for everyone.
"
KingTen87 wrote:

Well said. Personally I would like for more of the game to be accessible and enjoyable which means (as a starting point) bringing more skills and items up to a viable level, and leaving existing items and mechanics as they are so that new things can be experienced without ruining things which have been done previously. I would also prefer if the competitive/top 1% were given ways to make their uber endgame experience harder, as opposed to implementing changes which make the majority of content harder or less accessible for everyone else. We have an Atlas Passive Tree now, why not add a cluster of nodes to beef up Shaper/Elder/Maven etc. to Uber/Uber+/MegaUber levels? That way scrubs like me can still have fun and maybe even think about creating my own viable build, whilst the super end-gamers can vie for superiority by choosing to buff their endgame as hard and as far as their build can handle.

TL;DR - don't gut good things, bring bad ones up to a good level. Let people buff and challenge their own end-game difficulty via mechanics such as Atlas Passives without compromising the core game experience for everyone.

When they made Uber Elder (and probably other bosses of this nature), they explicitly said that this encounter was meant for "elite players", and that "normal players" wouldn't ever see the color of it, let alone defeat it.

It's an elitist game.
I myself am quite a noob as I never even defeated shaper, even though I have 2k hours in this game.

But I love the idea that I have more challenges to overcome, and I'm comfortable with the fact that I may never beat all the endgame bosses.

That's fine, I'm not an "elite" player.

Maybe those of you who are not capable of finishing the game other than exploiting certain game mechanics should too lower expectations regarding beating the content.
"
redslugah wrote:
Pogfesto

Guys if we doing nothing but only crying here or on reddit we will change nothing! We must hold together and we have to boycotting league start of 3.19!cause if we keep playing ggg gona keeping kill our favorite game! We have to take action if we Don Wana lose our game! Game without gamers can't exist! We have the power.
"
Keyreal6698 wrote:
"
redslugah wrote:
Pogfesto

Guys if we doing nothing but only crying here or on reddit we will change nothing! We must hold together and we have to boycotting league start of 3.19!cause if we keep playing ggg gona keeping kill our favorite game! We have to take action if we Don Wana lose our game! Game without gamers can't exist! We have the power.

First of all, no one has ever achieved anything with threats. Also, boycotting the league start is not an option. We all enjoy the game and we all want to fix the situation if there is one (in one way or another, a possible problem - the manifesto - although, some do not see it as a problem).

Secondly, we are not standing, doing nothing. We voiced our opinion and we are waiting for a response. You know, it is a game with action/reaction. Your suggestion is to take drastic measures even when we do not know what GGG is going to do. And remember, this should be a democracy, and there are plenty of people who welcome the changes. We need to be patient.
Last edited by askpoe on Aug 6, 2022, 7:56:08 AM
"
popochka wrote:

It's an elitist game.
I myself am quite a noob as I never even defeated shaper, even though I have 2k hours in this game.

But I love the idea that I have more challenges to overcome, and I'm comfortable with the fact that I may never beat all the endgame bosses.

Maybe those of you who are not capable of finishing the game other than exploiting certain game mechanics should too lower expectations regarding beating the content.

So, you say that game is already so hard that you cant even touch basic endgame - and you want it be even more harder, you want it so hard, that u won't be able to kill white t16 map boss or finish acts or what? There is 100500 challenges for you to overcome left, what's the point of asking more, if you can't handle the current ones?

Or is it such kind of behaviour - I spent 2k hours and didnt kill stuff, ggg please nerf eveything so hard that everyone needs to farm white maps for houndreds of hours before going to endgame content?(Btw it also won't work - if such huge nerfs happen - it would just increase amount of hide out warriors by 10000%, people wont farm maps for 1c per hour, people gonna launch 100500 live searches to snipe and flip)
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Last edited by Anngrat on Aug 6, 2022, 7:56:52 AM
"
aurafate wrote:
"
speXtunez wrote:
"
aurafate wrote:
135 pages of cries
Its amazing how ppl like crying.
Hope ggg will keep their way and gamevision which keeps this game alive so long

oh, man. Ive killed ubers and all content in this league for first week and after just running around for some shit.(I dont care about achievements btw) Yep, it was seismic but anyway in current league you could kill this with alot of builds.
I want hard game coz if you want easy you can play ALOT of different games. Really. There are so much games for casuals and guys with playtime 3-5 hour per week. Enjoy it.
Peace

Next only SC trade skiller want harder game :D
Just play HC or SSFHC u skiller. Enjoy it
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
popochka wrote:

It's an elitist game.

So, you say that game is already so hard that you cant even touch basic endgame - and you want it be even more harder, you want it so hard, that u won't be able to kill white t16 map boss or finish acts or what? There is 100500 challenges for you to overcome left, what's the point of asking more, if you can't handle the current ones?

Or is it such kind of behaviour - I spent 2k hours and didnt kill stuff, ggg please nerf eveything so hard that everyone needs to farm white maps for houndreds of hours before going to endgame content?(Btw it also won't work - if such huge nerfs happen - it would just increase amount of hide out warriors by 10000%, people wont farm maps for 1c per hour, people gonna launch 100500 live searches to snipe and flip)

If I ask GGG to buff things so I could beat the game, then my "victory" would be meaningless.

If there are thousand of players who beat the game in SSF and SSFHC using a variety of builds, the game is fine.

I like having this sense of challenge to overcome, and I like admiring players who overcome these challenges in such difficult settings.

If they'd make the game easier, all of that would be gone.

EDIT: I know the game since the end of beta I think so 2k hours (with a good few hundreds afk) doesn't mean that much, but it's still a bit.
Last edited by DoYouEvenPrayz on Aug 6, 2022, 8:11:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info