3.18.0d Patch Notes Preview

Good changes, removing those immunities!

I'm really not sure I understand Effigy correctly, but it sounds like my minions will still kill me when they attack the effigies. Please explain, GGG.
Last edited by Wuffell on May 24, 2022, 7:38:56 PM
Yay, herald of thunder build was hurting pretty back when it just doesn't proc
"
Effigy: Summoned Effigies are now spawned at the player's location and are immune to damage for 2 seconds after linking to a player. While linked, 50% of damage from Hits taken by the Effigy is also taken by the player as reflected damage (previously 100%).

Dear GGG devs, I don't understand why you think this mechanic is clever, engaging, or fun.

Please explain this to me because I really want to know.

This mechanic, like many of Archnemesis mods, feels interesting outside the context it is actually met in. It's a fun hypothetical mod.

This is reality. Try finding the Effigy rare within two seconds of looking at this image.

What's that? You couldn't?

See, I don't want to play Where's Waldo where I can can potentially lose days or weeks of progress if I don't find AND kill the right monster in two seconds. It's UNREASONABLE.

It's not a matter of skill because nothing in the game allows you to train for locating Effigy rares.

It's not a matter of tactics because nothing in the game gives you reliable tools to outplay the mechanic in any context.

It's not a matter of poor builds unless you just want every build to be immune to all kinds of reflected damage, even if they don't deal hit damage to begin with, just for this mod alone.

It's not a matter of not playing the game correctly, because if the game wants me to pause to read the mods on monsters, it better pause itself so I can not worry about dying to them interacting with me normally. Doing that AND reading whatever mods there are is UNREASONABLE.

This mod leaves the player with no meaningful agency on where and how to deal with it. It's a ticking time bomb that will eventually go off whether or not the player can handle it. It's different from a damage spike because damage spikes is something you can manage with builds and choosing which content to play. There is at least some player agency involved in that.

Encountering Effigy is NOT like that because you'll encounter it in all content, including scenarios where you can't walk away from it, including scenarios where there will be multiple rare monsters in the room, including scenarios where there is too much visual clutter to even see it in the first place.

I don't understand how do you want me to deal with it.

Please explain it to me so I can understand, or remove it from game. I won't be playing or supporting any longer PoE until you do one of the two.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
Please look at the lighting DoT on Mana Siphoner. Playing Doryani's prototype is torturous atm. Previously you could avoid running Baran as the squares would counter your tank. Now any random rare spawned under you from beyond or abyss or breach or harbinger can have a lethal lightning DoT. Playing anything with Doryani's prototype is just randomly dead in <1second to mana siphoner. It is not enough time to react.
Effigy. Imagine playing something like Blade Vortex. What exactly is the counterplay to this? Diablo II deleted reflect why do you think brining it back is good?
"
moozooh wrote:
"
Effigy: Summoned Effigies are now spawned at the player's location and are immune to damage for 2 seconds after linking to a player. While linked, 50% of damage from Hits taken by the Effigy is also taken by the player as reflected damage (previously 100%).

Dear GGG devs, I don't understand why you think this mechanic is clever, engaging, or fun.

Please explain this to me because I really want to know.

This mechanic, like many of Archnemesis mods, feels interesting outside the context it is actually met in. It's a fun hypothetical mod.

This is reality. Try finding the Effigy rare within two seconds of looking at this image.

What's that? You couldn't?

See, I don't want to play Where's Waldo where I can can potentially lose days or weeks of progress if I don't find AND kill the right monster in two seconds. It's UNREASONABLE.

It's not a matter of skill because nothing in the game allows you to train for locating Effigy rares.

It's not a matter of tactics because nothing in the game gives you reliable tools to outplay the mechanic in any context.

It's not a matter of poor builds unless you just want every build to be immune to all kinds of reflected damage, even if they don't deal hit damage to begin with, just for this mod alone.

It's not a matter of not playing the game correctly, because if the game wants me to pause to read the mods on monsters, it better pause itself so I can not worry about dying to them interacting with me normally. Doing that AND reading whatever mods there are is UNREASONABLE.

This mod leaves the player with no meaningful agency on where and how to deal with it. It's a ticking time bomb that will eventually go off whether or not the player can handle it. It's different from a damage spike because damage spikes is something you can manage with builds and choosing which content to play. There is at least some player agency involved in that.

Encountering Effigy is NOT like that because you'll encounter it in all content, including scenarios where you can't walk away from it, including scenarios where there will be multiple rare monsters in the room, including scenarios where there is too much visual clutter to even see it in the first place.

I don't understand how do you want me to deal with it.

Please explain it to me so I can understand, or remove it from game. I won't be playing or supporting any longer PoE until you do one of the two.

dude, they literally have it in the notes, it spawns on you...
1 step in the right direction means nothing when you took 50 steps back implementing AN mods. Just remove them.
Ok now fix defenses so I don't have to be a pseudo aura bot on every build. or need aegis just to survive the content I want to do. especially against bosses sustain is horrible in the game.
Thank you very much for the continued controller improvements. I do wish for you to consider adding a hotswap ability for mouse and keyboard while managing inventory. It is a major problem for a PC player that has been spoiled by the prior and would be interested in trade. In ssf it is a bit more adaptable. Thanks nonetheless, it has been an incredible boon for me and my friend arthritis. Cheers.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
So I guess we are going to stick with keeping these shit mods? If you are you guys better do a massive buff to literally everything next league. With these new mods it feels like a REQUIREMENT to have more than 75% res including chaos along with defiance banner and determination on almost every build.

I thought the expedition league nerfs were reasonable but these mods are just a complete smack in the face to 90% of the community.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info