3.18.0d Patch Notes Preview

"
moozooh wrote:

The design of PoE right now has some sort of a mental disorder. It doesn't correlate with any one "vision" voiced so far; it tries to do several things at the same time that are opposite or orthogonal to each other in terms of their interaction with players.

Vision- we wan't to slow the game down, implementation, more and more bosses that require you to hit faster and stronger while making map monsters stronger, faster, and tankier. Make it impossible to build enough defences forcing players to go clearspeed meta.
Vision- we want build diversity - implementation- Strip away defensive mechanics, implement new defensive mechanics, balance the content as if everyone has this new mechanic in their build (spell suppression, I am pointing at you), implement content changes that incapacitate builds that try to use ailments by new mods negating ailments.
The devs have repeatedly proven they can't achieve their vision without the playerbase subverting the expected results so at this point there appears to be more spite oriented changes to the game, as if the devs have decided the playerbase is to be punished for this resistance to the direction they wanted to steer in.
"
VernerHolt wrote:
"
moozooh wrote:

The design of PoE right now has some sort of a mental disorder. It doesn't correlate with any one "vision" voiced so far; it tries to do several things at the same time that are opposite or orthogonal to each other in terms of their interaction with players.

Vision- we wan't to slow the game down, implementation, more and more bosses that require you to hit faster and stronger while making map monsters stronger, faster, and tankier. Make it impossible to build enough defences forcing players to go clearspeed meta.
Vision- we want build diversity - implementation- Strip away defensive mechanics, implement new defensive mechanics, balance the content as if everyone has this new mechanic in their build (spell suppression, I am pointing at you), implement content changes that incapacitate builds that try to use ailments by new mods negating ailments.
The devs have repeatedly proven they can't achieve their vision without the playerbase subverting the expected results so at this point there appears to be more spite oriented changes to the game, as if the devs have decided the playerbase is to be punished for this resistance to the direction they wanted to steer in.

This is what happens when you want people to do things the way you like it instead of letting them play the game the way they like it. You start creating problems so you can pretend that you can fix them, but you make them worst.
So ummm, what happened to the Path of Exile I knew and loved to play??? It’s completely gone, replaced with rare/blues that have overpowered arch nemesis mods, very little reward vs risk, and general loot pool (especially map drop rate) barely exists now unless empowered by sentinel league mechanic. I see no reason to empower any of these mobs that kill me non stop already. It’s like they balanced loot drops based off possible sentinel gains.
INB4 next manifesto will be about how the “no balance changes” patch was a total failure and a sole explanation for miserably looking player retention numbers, because Archnemesis added a lot of good stuff to the game and it couldn’t possibly be linked to the fact that game appears to be half dead two weeks into league.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
Drops are horrible - Played a lot since league start and managed to somehow get (and I say get, not farm for a reason) around 150EX, 70% of it being from trading and crafting.

I haven't gotten a single drop worth 1ex+, and I've played with all the Quant nodes and gear. I've also played hundreds of Cemetery maps and only dropped 1 Brother's stash. These drops are just depressing. I don't want to trade and craft all day to get some $.

I want a drop that I can be proud of and remember in all these many torture hours with all the OP mobs and other league start fails.

HH is horrible - Not sure how the whole team at GGG managed to fail such an important item which broke most people's league starts, including mine.

Mobs are horrible - The new mods are atrocious, especially on Essence & Metamorph. As previously said, I've invested like 150ex in my build and still wet my pants when passing such mobs. Add to this the crappy drops and they are a total avoid.

Trading is horrible - Trading is already dead after 2 weeks of league start and I've got a hunch that it's because of all the before previously stated. I wanted to quit a few times myself, as playing just doesn't feel worth it.

Is this the new experience you want players to have, GGG? Am truly saddened about it and I'm going to quit myself soon if at least 1 of the above doesn't get a fix.

Going forward like this you'll only remain with the hardcore "die in front of the computer" players, for which the game is never hard enough.
Last edited by zenith04 on May 28, 2022, 2:43:29 PM
"
zenith04 wrote:
Drops are horrible - Played a lot since league start and managed to somehow get (and I say get, not farm for a reason) around 150EX, 70% of it being from trading and crafting.

I haven't gotten a single drop worth 1ex+, and I've played with all the Quant nodes and gear. I've also played hundreds of Cemetery maps and only dropped 1 Brother's stash. These drops are just depressing. I don't want to trade and craft all day to get some $.

I want a drop that I can be proud of and remember in all these many torture hours with all the OP mobs and other league start fails.

HH is horrible - Not sure how the whole team at GGG managed to fail such an important item which broke most people's league starts, including mine.

Mobs are horrible - The new mods are atrocious, especially on Essence & Metamorph. As previously said, I've invested like 150ex in my build and still wet my pants when passing such mobs. Add to this the crappy drops and they are a total avoid.

Trading is horrible - Trading is already dead after 2 weeks of league start and I've got a hunch that it's because of all the before previously stated. I wanted to quit a few times myself, as playing just doesn't feel worth it.

Is this the new experience you want players to have, GGG? Am truly saddened about it and I'm going to quit myself soon if at least 1 of the above doesn't get a fix.

Going forward like this you'll only remain with the hardcore "die in front of the computer" players, for which the game is never hard enough.

What League are you playing?

Sentinel is one of the most lucrative leagues since Delirium. Spitting out tons of shit. Not hard with just spam Alch and Go mapping and a good build (Got 30ex in mine) just blows up most Essences and Methamorphs, not unusual to be at 4-5+ exalts a hour without any strategy what so ever.

If you got 150Ex in your build and got problem with methamorphs and essences, thats not the game, thats the build imho. Agree some diversity was killed off, but thats not the game.
Last edited by Bullsat2 on May 29, 2022, 3:30:56 PM
So they release a patch for hh when they made enough money with mageblood mtx mkay i got it.
Just remove that sh*t pls!
"
Bullsat2 wrote:
"
zenith04 wrote:

What League are you playing?

Sentinel is one of the most lucrative leagues since Delirium. Spitting out tons of shit. Not hard with just spam Alch and Go mapping and a good build (Got 30ex in mine) just blows up most Essences and Methamorphs, not unusual to be at 4-5+ exalts a hour without any strategy what so ever.

If you got 150Ex in your build and got problem with methamorphs and essences, thats not the game, thats the build imho. Agree some diversity was killed off, but thats not the game.

Am playing the exact same league that hundreds (if not thousands) of people are complaining of, about the exact same things I listed before.

But there will always be fanboys like yourself who will always be ok, no matter how bad the developers f**k up. And that's ok as well.

Nonetheless, what you are saying doesn't really add up. You're talking about having invested 30EX in your build, and about making 4-5EX/ hour. Does that mean that you played around 6 hours (not including leveling) to gear that build? I totally doubt it. Also, after making so much $$$, you still have 30EX gear and 4L chest? Again, doesn't really add up.

I've played EA last league and I've min-maxed it, so I know what the builds like. I just feel like you're exaggerating about "blowing everything up" and as said before, your numbers don't really add up.

Until not long ago many Essences also had ailment immunity (together with other insane mods). Am curious about how you were "blowing them up".

Furthermore, top streamers are barely making the numbers you talk about, with insane investments in their gear. And all of them made their currency by crafting and trading, so basically with their knowledge of the game. Not through the "incredible" drops of Sentinel.

Am happy that some people are still enjoying the game, but still, let's not exaggerate things.
Last edited by zenith04 on May 30, 2022, 5:07:36 AM
You guys realize delve is borderline unplayable now, right? So much degen and aoe mechanics where the only outplay is to move away, but you can't because you have to be in a certain area.

And please just delete effigy. No one reads monster mods and there's no way to distinguish it from other rares. You removed reflect from other monsters I don't understand why you're so keen on killing players with BS mechanics like that.

I honestly don't want to play my ssfhc league character anymore because I know I'll probably die to cheesy BS (reflect, lag while standing in degen, detonate dead, etc.). I want my character to at least die to a boss or a legitimate mechanic I messed up on. I guess that's your "vision" for HC gameplay, die to cheese that insta kills you, reroll and repeat. So lame.

Wake me up when PoE returns to a decent state (Expedition league).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info