3.18.0d Patch Notes Preview

Remove AN please. I love PoE and would love to play the game again.
"
Skytip_ wrote:
Delete on-death effects

Based and high iq. Mobs should under no circumstance be 20 times more dangerous dead than they are alive.
IGN: GoldenPepe
Last edited by Genocider on May 26, 2022, 5:22:47 PM
"
UbiquityXCVII wrote:
only reason reddit isnt screaming

in an alternate universe where redditors are well adjusted people and whose opinions hold merit.
IGN: GoldenPepe
SCNR but... in no universe are redditors, or PoE players, any kind of special or different people. Rest assured they are totally the same as you, I and all our respective grandparents.

Just sayin' :D
"Boah, is echt lächerlich, wie schnell das hier lädt, wenn nich irgendwelche Penner mit MTX hier rumhängen."
i really think should reduce this rng cause 1-3 is a big difference
i am doing maps fine till get a double essence 3 mods steel infused, berseker and anything one shot me and they give no extra drops if i spend 2 minutes fightning is just wasting time

btw i did more than 100 maps with all essences nodes, spending 3c each map to +3 essences and i cant complete "at least 2 of the following essences: hysteria, horror, deliriumm, insanity" i found 1 like 12 times (corrupting everything with 2+ essences) what the % of this?
Last edited by Mokurp on May 26, 2022, 6:31:04 PM
"
Mokurp wrote:
btw i did more than 100 maps with all essences nodes, spending 3c each map to +3 essences and i cant complete "at least 2 of the following essences: hysteria, horror, deliriumm, insanity" i found 1 like 12 times (corrupting everything with 2+ essences) what the % of this?

25% I'd guess. Should just need an essence crystal with at least two purple essences in it, and then be a 1 in 4 chance.

(please someone correct this if it's wrong)

edit: of course I've no idea what the probability of two purple essences occuring in a crystal is though.
"Boah, is echt lächerlich, wie schnell das hier lädt, wenn nich irgendwelche Penner mit MTX hier rumhängen."
Last edited by Reshemin on May 26, 2022, 6:45:14 PM
"
kakashix3 wrote:
Remove AN please. I love PoE and would love to play the game again.
Just saw Bex_GGG's rares in 3.19 comment on reddit. Hope for 3.18 just hit zero. Though, I don't intend to bash her, shooting the messenger isn't fair.

I'm moving in a couple weeks anyway, hope they learn from their mistakes in 3.19. Though 3.16 following 3.15 choices make me not want to bet on that.

Uninstalling for the league so I don't accidentally try it while drunk, fingers crossed for next league. And staying off PoE forums and reddit. I absolutely loved 3.17, 40/40, first headhunter. Ah well, nothing lasts forever.
PoE would be the absolute best it has ever been right now if GGG would just give up on the whole archnemesis mods idea and revert to the old mod system, at least until a better replacement mod system can be designed, TESTED THOROUGHLY WITH ALL LEAGUE MECHANICS, and implemented in a way that is an actual improvement to the old system. The new changes to the atlas passive system and the highest amount of "player agency" that exists now are phenomenal, yet I can't enjoy any of it due to the tragically horrific attempt to create more "challenging" magic/rare monsters, which has made my decision to sit this league out. I have a sneaking suspicion that PoE 2 is going to be DoA based on the things they've been experimenting with lately. The "vision" is going to cost them a vast majority of their players I'm afraid. Hope I'm wrong, I really miss my favorite game. Sorry for the shit post, but I think this needs to be getting called out (in a respectful way hopefully) more than it is. GGG, CW, whoever on the team that wants to push so hard to make this a more "hardcore" game, please just look at what your fans/players/income-generators want and respond well to. It really seems like at least some of the team thinks "challenging" is synonymous with "tedious" and/or "random insta-death." and most people would not agree. It sucks that your game isn't what YOU would really like it to be, but you made it what it is, gained more and more popularity as it got further and further away from that vision, and you can't really go back to how the game started without also going back to the number of players who enjoyed it back then. People love how "out of hand" this game gets, that's what makes it the greatest ARPG that has ever existed in my (and I'm sure many others') opinion. My suggestion is to change map bosses, not magic and rare monsters. It just doesn't make sense that you want pretty much every rare monster to be stronger than the map boss. Am I the only one who thinks this is the obvious answer? I mean in almost every game I've ever played, the BOSS is the guy that you expect to be big, bad, and dangerous, but something that can be prepared for and also REWARDING! You can't prepare for these archnemesis mods, it's just a random combination of mods that your build either can or cannot do. I would guess that it IS obvious, but changing that many unique bosses would be too hard or time consuming, and making one big sweeping change to rares is the easy way to try to make your game harder. It mostly just makes it unnecessarily infuriating. Please revert for now!!! Rant over.
"
ItsAllSquishy wrote:
I have a sneaking suspicion that PoE 2 is going to be DoA based on the things they've been experimenting with lately.

Thankfully, PoE 2 will have an actual open beta phase like the ones we had for 1.0 ("the" beta), 2.0, and 3.0, so there will be plenty of time to voice any concerns.

And I think the problem is not so much with the "vision" per se—you wouldn't be developing a game for a decade with at least another decade planned for the future if you didn't have vision of what you even want to do during this time—the problem is the vision contradicts either itself or its implementation.

Vision: "We want rare monsters to occasionally wake the player up."

Implementation: League content shitting out rare monsters with mutually empowering mechanics like an ice cube dispenser, so players are forced awake the entire time.

Vision: "We want rare monsters to be noticeably harder than regular enemies."

Implementation: Rare monsters with 2+ mods do more damage and take longer to kill than map bosses, but since their drops aren't worth the time spent fighting, they're just skipped.

Vision: "We want players to approach fights tactically and identify threats."

Implementation: Game generates swarms of enemies so big and varied, and they attack so quickly and deal so much damage, that a player cannot possibly have time or capability to come up with any specific tactics.

The design of PoE right now has some sort of a mental disorder. It doesn't correlate with any one "vision" voiced so far; it tries to do several things at the same time that are opposite or orthogonal to each other in terms of their interaction with players.

I mean I don't particularly mind the game having less enemies but with more tactical fights like in Lost Ark or Wolcen or w/e, or at least how it used to be in the beta and Sacrifice of the Vaal era. Or forget about tactics entirely aside from the biggest boss encounters. Just for the love of god, pick ONE option and work towards it.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
Thank you GGG for ruining my favorite game!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info