[3.17] Beerleague's Shockwave Slayer - Optimized with Options

"
Flata wrote:
Hi all!
Can someone help with further strengthening of the build? I've ~15 ex. as budget for improve, but idk what i need to do.
(Char: LoJusten, profile open)
Thanks!

First off, your tree and links are all messed up. Check the guide for fixes on those.

Second, your weapon dps is abysmally low - that isn’t helping with anything. 25c gets you a better weapon

Chest could be crafted for 6-7ex.

Rest of the gear is mediocre at best.

Check the guide.
hi there,

first off I didnt build my character using your guide but just checked out what people where playing on slayer and got the general idea of the build from looking at people characters and went from there. (was intially just something to lvl up with my brother on his first time playing) but I've since taken the build up to t16 and have run into issues occasionally getting one shot by map bosses and every time i've attempted something like the minotaur or the eradicator Im consantly one shot and cant kill the boss. ive got about 30ex I could dump into the character but not sure how I fix it
Hello,

First of all, thank you for your dedication. I have tried following you around all comments in this post and Whisdropper's. This is where I came from, his slayer build. This build of yours feels better than the one I have started with.

I am currently sitting at lvl 92 and I sincerely face many issues with survivability. Not a glass cannon, but for example I have managed to kill guardians only on white maps (no curse/no dmg buff yellows and minotaur is really a beast).

I can't progress any further (would like to get 3 more lvls minimum) because I easily die to random stuff on non dangerous maps. I know the build is not supposed to be megatank, but with ailments immunity, 50% phys reduction, infinite leech, it feels disappointing to die just like that. After all, it is melee and you are supposed to be just in the thick of it, or on the outsides of 100 mob hordes.

I am trying to work around POB to find some upgrades to survivability - more ele res to drop purity of elements for determination, some chaos res at least to 0%.

DPS wise, it is pretty ok at 2.5M in POB, and upgrades for weapon are currently over 10ex (probably due to popularity/lack of craft is PC community)

With a budget of 10ex, is anyone able to suggest something that is a noticeable upgrade in the defense department? I was even thinking of tweaking around in POB to Champion, but it requires a bit of time, and in work breaks, all I can to is to search for inspiration in variety of builds specific to duelist (gladiator, champion, slayer).
Last league I had a max block gladiator, but was lackluster in DPS, the most satisfying thing with that being in the middle of the pack keeping the Surrender up.

Here is my current POB : https://pastebin.com/7TUcAeTD

Thanks you for your time!
Stay safe, exiles!
had the same issue's and have now given up with trying to fix it. posted in multiple places asking for help and got 0 useful information if anyone replies at all. have now had 2 characters this league hard stuck around 91-92 and endlessly running easy rolled t16s because anything else results in being one shot. dont think you'll get any real help beyond being told to buy gear that will cost 200-300ex when done.
hey beer, quick question.

any reason for choosing shockwave/pulverise over rage?

on PoB, replacing either shockwave/pulverise with rage bumped my dps from 4mil to 6mil.

what am i not seeing?
"
crames wrote:
hi there,

first off I didnt build my character using your guide but just checked out what people where playing on slayer and got the general idea of the build from looking at people characters and went from there. (was intially just something to lvl up with my brother on his first time playing) but I've since taken the build up to t16 and have run into issues occasionally getting one shot by map bosses and every time i've attempted something like the minotaur or the eradicator Im consantly one shot and cant kill the boss. ive got about 30ex I could dump into the character but not sure how I fix it

Your character has no gear on it unless I’m looking at the wrong one.
"
vladionutz wrote:
Hello,

First of all, thank you for your dedication. I have tried following you around all comments in this post and Whisdropper's. This is where I came from, his slayer build. This build of yours feels better than the one I have started with.

I am currently sitting at lvl 92 and I sincerely face many issues with survivability. Not a glass cannon, but for example I have managed to kill guardians only on white maps (no curse/no dmg buff yellows and minotaur is really a beast).

I can't progress any further (would like to get 3 more lvls minimum) because I easily die to random stuff on non dangerous maps. I know the build is not supposed to be megatank, but with ailments immunity, 50% phys reduction, infinite leech, it feels disappointing to die just like that. After all, it is melee and you are supposed to be just in the thick of it, or on the outsides of 100 mob hordes.

I am trying to work around POB to find some upgrades to survivability - more ele res to drop purity of elements for determination, some chaos res at least to 0%.

DPS wise, it is pretty ok at 2.5M in POB, and upgrades for weapon are currently over 10ex (probably due to popularity/lack of craft is PC community)

With a budget of 10ex, is anyone able to suggest something that is a noticeable upgrade in the defense department? I was even thinking of tweaking around in POB to Champion, but it requires a bit of time, and in work breaks, all I can to is to search for inspiration in variety of builds specific to duelist (gladiator, champion, slayer).
Last league I had a max block gladiator, but was lackluster in DPS, the most satisfying thing with that being in the middle of the pack keeping the Surrender up.

Here is my current POB : https://pastebin.com/7TUcAeTD

Thanks you for your time!
Stay safe, exiles!

Can’t see any gear on your character page. On mobile at the moment so can’t bring up PoB.
"
CliffAhead wrote:

on PoB, replacing either shockwave/pulverise with rage bumped my dps from 4mil to 6mil.

what am i not seeing?

Are you checking shockwave dps? It’s a separate calculation - usually it’s around 30% of your overall dps. It’s a drop down in PoB.

Rage is going to be more paper dps than pulverize, but the AoE is very nice and it’s better for bosses since rage is slow to build.
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
CliffAhead wrote:

what am i not seeing?

Are you checking shockwave dps? It’s a separate calculation - usually it’s around 30% of your overall dps. It’s a drop down in PoB.

Rage is going to be more paper dps than pulverize, but the AoE is very nice and it’s better for bosses since rage is slow to build.

i see, i'll have to take a closer look at POB to enable that shockwave calculation.

about the gloves, i take it the reasons for the choice of asenath's gentle touch is:
- temporal chains curse as a defensive layer
- explodey chest effect allows for faster clearing

with shockwave and pulverise, is the explodey effect needed? i'm looking to upgrade my gloves to a rare, maybe with rage on hit or get more impale chance so i can change my watcher's eye and still keep 100% impale.

thanks for your input beer.
nvm
Last edited by Honigbienchen on Apr 1, 2022, 3:39:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info