[3.21+] Cold Reap Occultist | Crunch Supreme ❄️

"
DexBunny wrote:

Remember to get Reflection lab enchant on your gloves, helps even more!

True! Ran 20 the other day, managed to get 2 decent enchants for RF helms, but didn't see this once i swear.
Fun update for those using POB, Exposure from Gloves is now properly calculated which is nice. Also weirdly Bastion of Elements shows an effective HP pool decrease, though I know that's not true. I've been feeling stupidly tanky with 90% all res + 87% phys reduction + Bastion (and Reflection now too!)
>< how much currency (as in what items are absolutely required) would you recommend having before switching? It seems like the chest piece is must have. I've been leveling as wintertide brand + vortex, but I'd love to have a goal to be able to switch to this build since this is the reason I started.
"
Asheepy wrote:
>< how much currency (as in what items are absolutely required) would you recommend having before switching? It seems like the chest piece is must have. I've been leveling as wintertide brand + vortex, but I'd love to have a goal to be able to switch to this build since this is the reason I started.

Aegis, Skin of the Lords, Crown of the Inward Eye, Void Battery should be good to start off. Gloves, boots, one ring and your amulet should help fill resistances / life / ES / cast speed. One ring with a curse on hit.

As I've said before, this league I'm doing a different venture and therefore don't have first hand advice on what works, but you can check out the other members expressing their comments on the thread to see what they're doing.

Currency wise, it's difficult to say. I don't like giving out price tags because a guide only truly accounts for uniques more or less, price wise. Rares are a whole different ball game and depending on your market knowledge you can get a setup going for 2ex while someone inexperienced will do it in 10ex. It all depends on what stats you put on specific gear and I can't tell someone that they should do it XYZ.
Thank you this answers my question!
"
Asheepy wrote:

I switched late into acts/early into maps. I'd say you can get onto Reap pretty easily with a handful of much cheaper options, though you'll probably start hitting walls depending on your goals/how far into maps you're talking.

Must Haves:

Awakened Spell Cascade (30-40c), hugely impactful vs regular cascade

Some way of getting 90-100% phys to cold conversion. 40% (always, even in high spending) is from Cold Mastery. Hrimsorrow can be a way to check quickly for 50% more. Watcher's Eye w/ Cold Conv Hatred (25-40%) is half an ex, Gloves you can either do like mine w/ double conversion via recombination, or either mod + eldritch implicit conversion.

That's kind of really it for absolute needs IMO.

Budget items that you can use and improve on in pieces

Void Battery - 10c, super cheap and helps boost your power charge stacking early. Right now changing to one for me would be ~13% dps loss which is a lot, but shows how far it could carry you before a +1/+1 cast speed wand.

Light of Lunaris is a LOT of good damage in lieu of Aegis Aurora (which is all survivability, though very nice). Until you're trying to go for Melding I might hold off on Aegis entirely. Lunaris has cold damage, spell crit, spell multi.

Dominus Militant Faith (with bad mods) is still crazy good for the keystone and maybe 3c

Skin of the Loyal is about 60c cheaper than the cheapest Lords (though those have pretty detrimental keystones) and if you go 2R4B a corrupted Empower 3 is pretty good damage.

Other than that you're really just trying to do normal stuff like maxing resistances, move speed, prioritize ES/Armour, life. Once you see how it's building you can REALLY start ramping up the damage with the better gear.

Sorry, I know that's a lot but happy to help on or offline with this. Feel free to add me on POE, this has been my baby project this league for sure.
Alright, finished my goal this league of only using this character and solo killing all 7 of the new uber bosses and now I'm quitting till next league. I think I've posted about almost everything I learned min/maxing the build but I'll check in if people have any questions.

Final POB: https://pastebin.com/8Hsdz7BD
Note, damage (7.8m sirus DPS) is with Mastermind of Discord vs Bastion of Elements Flesh/Flame, and without Vaal Righteous Fire Enabled.

You can also switch out Aegis Aurora for Light of Lunaris for even more damage. 9.4m still without VRF.

Cheers all <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info