[3.21+] Cold Reap Occultist | Crunch Supreme ❄️

"
Bredtodie wrote:
"
- Cheap to fire convert;

Does this mean it's a viable league starter? I've been browsing for a Reap starter build and everything seems so expensive that it'd more likely be a 2nd build I'd have to run instead.

I can't say, I've personally never started with Reap. Could maybe start as a bloodslinger? Either way, Omni/Ashes builds are gonna get expensive this league.
I'll be league starting this for 3.18 despite the advice against it. We'll see how it goes.

I was kinda surprised to see no Profane Bloom taken, though I guess the other ones are overall better (maybe PB early on and respec?). Would you consider getting it or something else with Forbidden Flesh/Flame? Mastermind of Discord seems not terrible if you're consistently proccing exposure.
"
cerealbawks wrote:
I'll be league starting this for 3.18 despite the advice against it. We'll see how it goes.

I was kinda surprised to see no Profane Bloom taken, though I guess the other ones are overall better (maybe PB early on and respec?). Would you consider getting it or something else with Forbidden Flesh/Flame? Mastermind of Discord seems not terrible if you're consistently proccing exposure.

Profane Bloom was in the cards but those jewels skyrocketed in price out of nowhere and I can't justify to myself spending nearly 70ex for two jewels that give me the ability to pop a pack when I can already do that effortlessly.

You could technically just path to Whispers of Doom or even anoint it, but the losses are greater than the gain, no matter which way you go.

I'd probably get Heart of Destruction, Bastion of Elements, Mastermind of Discord, Commander of Darkness. Those are all good choices.
I love this build!
Last edited by Roca33 on May 13, 2022, 3:00:48 PM
What's the reason for Militant Faith and how important is it? I've never really messed with Timeless Jewels so unsure how big of a deal it would be.

Just hit lvl 88, damage is pretty good, right at 1.1m in POB with some pretty big upgrades still to make.
"
cerealbawks wrote:
What's the reason for Militant Faith and how important is it? I've never really messed with Timeless Jewels so unsure how big of a deal it would be.

Just hit lvl 88, damage is pretty good, right at 1.1m in POB with some pretty big upgrades still to make.

Militant Faith provides us with a keystone that's equivalent to Pain Attunement, except we're not running low life. Also provides us with aura effect equal to a single aura node and a secondary stat per choice. I've personally gone with elemental damage but you could just as easily go with resistances if you need them.

The mods that have devotion in their lines of text are static, meaning they can't be changed. Grab one with two stats you like and divine it for Dominus.

As for how important it is, at the top end it's 24% MORE damage, doesn't get more free than that.
Alright, posting an update in case anyone's still interested in running this build. Definitely still agree that it shouldn't be a league starter due to some initial cost, but it works out very well once you get some of the initial items. I'm sitting at 3.7m Sirus DPS (though POB isn't great with calculating Awakened Cascade Overlap + Unleash seals). Probably spent ~10-12ex total to get to this point but also got pretty lucky with some crafts.

Current lvl 93 POB (though there's a lot more being messed with constantly) https://pastebin.com/D2Xs7SgM

These gloves are a new possibility with the Armour Recombinators introduced in 3.18. Combining gloves with the 25% Topotante's mod and 30-35% Chosen mod can give you 60% Phys to Cold conversion for just two prefixes. This frees up the eldritch implicit slot that would be tough to get up super high and allows for free exposure on hit. I also just got Forbidden Flesh/Flame for Mastermind of Discord to enhance that exposure, and will show in my POB as the custom mod of 'nearby enemies have -36% to cold resistance'. Right now POB doesn't calculate the glove implicit unfortunately.

Still have a handful of things to do. Crafting a wand is my next step (using Void Battery right now). Rings/boots/shield/amulet (the latter two being Aegis/Ashes if they ever come down in price) could all get better for sure. Curious to hear if anyone else is running the build, but I'm loving it.

Edit: Up to ~5m dps, Uber Eater done. Close to taking down Uber Shaper/Uber Maven
Last edited by cerealbawks on May 31, 2022, 5:56:38 PM
So been pretty unhappy with the builds i did this league, was thinking of going back to this. But ashes is now almost 50ex!

Everything else seems ok thought.

Can you use a helm with reservation to get the auras in? Or do you really need ashes to make it work?

I so loved this build last league, but worried I won't be able to reproduce it at my current budget.
Last edited by DexBunny on Jun 6, 2022, 4:12:05 AM
"
settonull99 wrote:
So been pretty unhappy with the builds i did this league, was thinking of going back to this. But ashes is now almost 50ex!

Everything else seems ok thought.

Can you use a helm with reservation to get the auras in? Or do you really need ashes to make it work?

I so loved this build last league, but worried I won't be able to reproduce it at my current budget.

You could definitely fit everything if you make a helmet using mana reservation efficiency essences and getting the same mod implicit. Though, I'd probably drop Temporal Rift to package everything better. (There's also the idea of using Recombinators to make a helmet with the Delve mana reservation helmet mod as well, if it can be done).

With the price of Ashes being as it is I've personally ventured into CoC FR, therefore I can't quite say what the approach is, however, cerealbawks who has written about his experience in this very thread has played the build without Ashes so maybe there's some pointers to be found there.
Last edited by DexBunny on Jun 6, 2022, 4:10:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info