[3.21+] Cold Reap Occultist | Crunch Supreme ❄️

"
DexBunny wrote:

I got it to 35% within 8 Orbs of Conflict. Everyone after me is getting the cheapest and most deterministic way of creating items in the end game gear crafting section of the guide. Because I spent nearly 80ex on my gloves because I was trying to do them in a different way, only to find that the implicit conversion blocks the unveiled conversion.

Ouch yeah I saw the discussion on Reddit. Before I saw your updated guide I ended up going the other way and just buying a 35% unvieled mod and using some ichor to get another 20%.

After switching to a skin of the lords with cold pen, I splurged today and grabbed a divine shield one with 2R. Realized in PoB that with nothing but power charges selected, switching to empower was nearly 50% more (sirus) damage! I definitely feel the difference.

Your Gloves/Wand/Helm are like another 75% more damage, I'm usually lazy/cheap about crafting things but maybe I'll give a go and getting some similar mods. Though I do like all the defense from my inward eye.

Thanks again, this has worked even better than I expected. Haven't tried too many end-game bosses yet (still trying to get some last levels, and have an EA ballista for bosses) but I want to give them a go. Killed Catrina twice now deathless (before the empower), figure I'm probably ready.

"
settonull99 wrote:
"
DexBunny wrote:

I got it to 35% within 8 Orbs of Conflict. Everyone after me is getting the cheapest and most deterministic way of creating items in the end game gear crafting section of the guide. Because I spent nearly 80ex on my gloves because I was trying to do them in a different way, only to find that the implicit conversion blocks the unveiled conversion.

Ouch yeah I saw the discussion on Reddit. Before I saw your updated guide I ended up going the other way and just buying a 35% unvieled mod and using some ichor to get another 20%.

After switching to a skin of the lords with cold pen, I splurged today and grabbed a divine shield one with 2R. Realized in PoB that with nothing but power charges selected, switching to empower was nearly 50% more (sirus) damage! I definitely feel the difference.

Your Gloves/Wand/Helm are like another 75% more damage, I'm usually lazy/cheap about crafting things but maybe I'll give a go and getting some similar mods. Though I do like all the defense from my inward eye.

Thanks again, this has worked even better than I expected. Haven't tried too many end-game bosses yet (still trying to get some last levels, and have an EA ballista for bosses) but I want to give them a go. Killed Catrina twice now deathless (before the empower), figure I'm probably ready.

The helmet I don't believe I'll be making a crafting process for because I bought it as is and used bestiary exalt slam for Redeemer items to get T3 flat Energy Shield. (Afaik these bestiary ex slams more often than not go for higher tier mods, better than a blind slam or a Leo)

The wand is the most deterministic item and takes around 15-20ex to make, depending on your luck with the quad resonator and subsequent Spellcrit roll. As for gloves, specifically your gloves - you're missing 5% phys to cold conversion, your implicit needs to be 25%.

Glad you're enjoying the build, the Empower swap is massive, when Empower 4 costs so little there's really no reason not to.
"
DexBunny wrote:

The helmet I don't believe I'll be making a crafting process for because I bought it as is and used bestiary exalt slam for Redeemer items to get T3 flat Energy Shield. (Afaik these bestiary ex slams more often than not go for higher tier mods, better than a blind slam or a Leo)

The wand is the most deterministic item and takes around 15-20ex to make, depending on your luck with the quad resonator and subsequent Spellcrit roll. As for gloves, specifically your gloves - you're missing 5% phys to cold conversion, your implicit needs to be 25%.

Yeah, I'm terrible at crafting, don't have the stomach or luck for it most of the time. I got my gloves to 25% dunno if I'll bother to get another and go for the inc damage while chilled, though it is another couple percent damage.

Decided to try the wand though... I assume the set of all 4 fossils is to block things? I've managed to get one up to the point where I want to aug phys, but they seem to cost 18-20+ex right now! I've bought another base with a better cast speed fracture (didn't realize I couldn't divine a fratured) to see if I can get a higher spell damage too. If I'm gonna spend that on the Aug then I want the base to be really good.

Do you definitely need all 4 fossils for the best chance at the +1 and spell dmg? I ask cause I have lots of powerful resonators, and the prime are 30c a pop.

Also debating getting another 4 levels to do a second Area Damage cluster, looks like I can get it to radius of 34, dunno if that's enough to hit 4 times though?

BUT!

Finally started taking on real bosses - occasional random deaths to guardians (mostly eradicator) on maps with rough mods (and maven and guardian aid). But Conquerors and Shaper/Elder/Sirus all deathless every time. Uber Elder and Maven up next!

Also you mention in the guide but correct targeting really makes a big difference in the damage. Getting a 3 overlap (especially with 4 seals and marked) really chunks bosses health.

"
settonull99 wrote:
"
DexBunny wrote:

Yeah, I'm terrible at crafting, don't have the stomach or luck for it most of the time. I got my gloves to 25% dunno if I'll bother to get another and go for the inc damage while chilled, though it is another couple percent damage.

Decided to try the wand though... I assume the set of all 4 fossils is to block things? I've managed to get one up to the point where I want to aug phys, but they seem to cost 18-20+ex right now! I've bought another base with a better cast speed fracture (didn't realize I couldn't divine a fratured) to see if I can get a higher spell damage too. If I'm gonna spend that on the Aug then I want the base to be really good.

Do you definitely need all 4 fossils for the best chance at the +1 and spell dmg? I ask cause I have lots of powerful resonators, and the prime are 30c a pop.

Also debating getting another 4 levels to do a second Area Damage cluster, looks like I can get it to radius of 34, dunno if that's enough to hit 4 times though?

BUT!

Finally started taking on real bosses - occasional random deaths to guardians (mostly eradicator) on maps with rough mods (and maven and guardian aid). But Conquerors and Shaper/Elder/Sirus all deathless every time. Uber Elder and Maven up next!

Also you mention in the guide but correct targeting really makes a big difference in the damage. Getting a 3 overlap (especially with 4 seals and marked) really chunks bosses health.

We use Shuddering to block mana, Jagged to block Chaos, Metallic to block Phys and Corroded to block elemental. Therefore the only thing we can hit is caster modifiers (with this setup it's on average 2-3 tries for +1 all and a mid tier spell damage roll). The subsequent attack block from bench makes it so the only phys tag we hit is +1. As for why they've jumped up in price - I don't know, might be some new build that's making the rounds, really weird.

I believe you need 35 area to hit another overlap, but I might be wrong on that. As for bosses, I personally struggle on Uber Elder purely from a mechanical standpoint, I don't have much experience and run around like a headless chicken. Maven on the other hand I am able to completely ignore except for memory games - still trying to learn the fight.

Been out for a while sinnce I'm extremely busy, but the current plan moving forward is to get a bit more pocket change, go for 100 through rotas, buy a new cold cluster and make the leap into Melding of the Flesh. Have tried to find new alleyways in POB to explore, but haven't stumbled upon anything ground breaking, so to speak.

Last edited by DexBunny on Mar 15, 2022, 4:20:54 PM
"
DexBunny wrote:

We use Shuddering to block mana, Jagged to block Chaos, Metallic to block Phys and Corroded to block elemental. Therefore the only thing we can hit is caster modifiers (with this setup it's on average 2-3 tries for +1 all and a mid tier spell damage roll). The subsequent attack block from bench makes it so the only phys tag we hit is +1. As for why they've jumped up in price - I don't know, might be some new build that's making the rounds, really weird.

Ok that makes sense, I'll keep using quads. While waiting to see if the price got more reasonable I decided to craft the gloves... and was reminded as to why I don't craft! Got a decent 25% conversion, 50% dmg when chilled base. Got cold conversion in like 10 grands and conflict orbed it to lesser. Then took about 130 grands to get cold conversion again! Didn't believe that could be possible. After 10 more conflict orbs I left it at 30%, couldn't stomach it anymore, still more damage then my old at 95% conversion, will try again later.

"
DexBunny wrote:

I believe you need 35 area to hit another overlap, but I might be wrong on that.

Ok, I'll skip bothering with more aoe then.

"
DexBunny wrote:

As for bosses, I personally struggle on Uber Elder purely from a mechanical standpoint, I don't have much experience and run around like a headless chicken. Maven on the other hand I am able to completely ignore except for memory games - still trying to learn the fight.

Yeah I struggle with both those fights, still haven't tried but I'm pretty confident I can do them, just not deathless, so waiting to level again. (Update - Maven was a breeze, one death on the final phase memory game cause I'm bad at it.)

"
DexBunny wrote:

Been out for a while sinnce I'm extremely busy, but the current plan moving forward is to get a bit more pocket change, go for 100 through rotas, buy a new cold cluster and make the leap into Melding of the Flesh. Have tried to find new alleyways in POB to explore, but haven't stumbled upon anything ground breaking, so to speak.

That's cool. I'm about to hit 97, might do 5ways for the rest, depends on how much I blow on the wand.

Yeah let us know if you do hit on anything. My current plan was to take the block mastery (3%damage per 5%block) and then use the last 3 to get to annihilation, seemed like a nice chunk of damage.

Last edited by settonull99 on Mar 17, 2022, 12:46:14 PM
I've completed the path to lv100 as well as doing the Melding of Flesh conversion. For anyone interested in seeing the character you can find it here! https://bit.ly/Occy-On-Ninja

After finding time to play around a bit more both in-game and POB, the conclusions I've come to are, namely :

- If you're wanting even more defence, the only options are a conversion to using Spell Suppression. Something that goes in the opposite direction of this build and I'm not interested in entertaining.

- Commandment of Reflection as the glove enchant is absolutely stupid in terms of how well it keeps you alive on pack pile-ups. Especially when you're in the middle of Harbinger, Legion, Beyond, Exarch and Sextant pack mobs. It's amazing at taking attention away from you.

- Melding conversion is great, every resistance cap increase after 75% is equal to 4% less damage taken.

- Squeezing in more AOE is not something I personally felt necessary, it can be done but you have to sacrifice both damage and defenses.

- As much as I love the build, I've burnt out on the league and therefore am calling it done. Guide has been updated slightly in terms of format and info tweaks here and there.

To everyone still playing or looking to play the build - go for it, it's a whole lot of fun and will not disappoint. Obviously it's no Winter Orb but what truly ever is. I'm eyeing a continuation of this in the upcoming league if Ashes doesn't get completely shafted, though there's always a chance to adapt so we'll see.
"
DexBunny wrote:
I've completed the path to lv100 as well as doing the Melding of Flesh conversion. For anyone interested in seeing the character you can find it here! https://bit.ly/Occy-On-Ninja

Nice! I was more or less done too so didn't bother trying for the Melding. Frankly I died way less than I usually do anyways, getting to 98 was a breeze in maps.

I did try and craft that wand, my luck is terrible, I'm in the 60+ range of resonators and have never seen better than T5 spell damage with the +1.

Don't have too much to add, other than leaving in the void battery and inward eye I followed you pretty closely.

"
DexBunny wrote:

To everyone still playing or looking to play the build - go for it, it's a whole lot of fun and will not disappoint.

I'll second that! It's such a fun, solid build. Didn't try atziri, was lazy to deal with reflect since I had a totem build that could easily do it. I did everything else though, including my first feared ever! Ran it blank but did it deathless.

Definitely tempted to give it a go next league too, depending on the changes (and new skills if any).
Had a few days to figure some stuff and try it out and what I've come to take away is this:

- Vortex can be completely taken out and replaced with a Divine Blessing Zealotry setup.
- The new setup swaps Molten Shell/Mark 4-link as a 3-link in place of Vortex and Zealotry becomes the new 4-link.
- Allows you to also use Zealotry mods on a Watcher's Eye.

The reason I've decided to make this unofficial change is because you're only ever using Vortex on bosses, you're annihilating everything else on screen anyway whilst mapping. Crit chance is at a stalemate to begin with, you're not truly capped and Zealotry does just that - it caps you. Not only that, it grants consecrated ground when bossing, which pretty much DOUBLES your life regen, as well as giving a flat MORE spell damage multiplier.

Now what are the caveats of this aforementioned setup change?

- Your Molten Shell goes from 7s to 4.4s, which is negligible imo.
- Zealotry will cost around 1.6K Life upon cast.

HOWEVER, here's why Zealotry's cost isn't even a big deal - Temporal Rift, that's right! Use Temp Rift after casting Zealotry and what happens is it puts you back at full Life, retains the Zealotry buff (which should last around 18s and can be re-cast at any given moment).

The thing that does suck is you're re-winded back 4s in time to where you stood then and the buff isn't affected by Temp Rift. You're losing time because you now have to go back to where you were, making the EFFECTIVE duration of Zealotry closer to 16s. Even with that slight downside the overall DPS increase across the board is around 500K in my personal POB and the quality of life increase isn't even accounted for. More consistent KRONCH!

4 - Link Zealotry

Last edited by DexBunny on Apr 10, 2022, 6:24:37 AM
As I had mentioned an Omni version of the build, I eventually scratched that off, but the interest was there and I'd managed to find someone who has made it work and it's damn good.

https://bit.ly/Fire-Omni-Reap-Ascendant

It's an Ascendant that's Fire converting and it's also a non-crit build. What I like about this is that:

- It easily achieves 5.5K+ Life;
- Has 100% Spell Suppression;
- Fair amount of life recovery through various means;
- 88% Ele Res;
- As much damage as my Ashes Cold conversion while being an Ele Overload build;
- 200 Ele Penetration;
- Cheap to fire convert;
- The entire build is far cheaper to fully assemble;
- Fire pops are good too.

I might still do an Omni conversion, I might not, but I know for a fact that Omni is something I wanna try!
"
- Cheap to fire convert;

Does this mean it's a viable league starter? I've been browsing for a Reap starter build and everything seems so expensive that it'd more likely be a 2nd build I'd have to run instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info