Art, Areas, and Effects Feedback Forum

Art - Custom armour set colors

Might I suggest an online custom armour set micro transaction... Where people could pick the colors they want and purchase the armour... It could cover various types of armor as well as the colors... Or just have it so people could pay to recolor an armour set or piece they have already.

If I am willing to purchase one I am very sure many more would too...

It would be a very good revenue generator. :)
Need help? Ask me :)
Real-Life on The Amazon Basin forums www.theamazonbasin.com
We are NOT a guild, we are a gamming community :)
Last edited by Real_Life on May 12, 2015, 12:47:24 PM
Totem skin mtx same as Dominus and Compulsor Octavia Sparkfist use. The steam powered one.

The art is already in-game, should be easy peasy lemon squeezy bish bash bosh to do.

also this,
"
my feedback: ice dragon's breath: alternate skill effect for arctic breath which should look very similar to dragon fireball but blue-ish instead of red-ish

and a golden Double Strike (same gold color as Golden Spectral throw please).

Spoiler
got points, just nothing I wanna buy. please make more mtx so I can waste more money.
"Please feel free to report any players you see attempting to acquire/sell items in trade chat." - Bex_GGG
Last edited by Sinzeek on Jul 16, 2015, 4:59:04 PM
Grace aura could be improved, maybe some leaves whirling around your character or something, I'd buy
Huge credits to the guys who created the desert and channels map tilesets.

Those maps are visually ABSOLUTELY stunning.

Especially the textures are top notch!
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Last edited by Diablo1reborn on Jul 30, 2015, 3:27:16 AM
I would just like one good looking one-handed sword skin. The generic one-handed swords look way too small and the buyable skins "seraph sword" and "crypt sword" are ridiculously large, even larger than many real life two-handed swords.

How about a skin for a classic one-handed sword? For example a slightly smaller version of the "etched greatsword": http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Etched_Greatsword.
Or a crypt sword skin with a longer handle (50-100% longer) and a thinner blade (about one third to one half thinner).

I would buy that instantly.

I'm sorry to say that, but the buyable weapon skins are really lacking so far in my opinion (only the skins, not the effects like "infernal" or "ebony", those look great).

Last edited by Korgorash on Aug 3, 2015, 7:56:01 PM
I'm probably the only person that will say this, but I actually liked the Coves theme. It felt "cold" and foreboding. It was challenging and also utilized more arching stone structures. I'm wondering if it is now a map device area.

The new mtx's are also causing me a lot of lag in towns. When someone that is loaded up to the gills pops in with their balrog cosplay and flaming pet the framerate stutters.
Hey there, I heard on the front seat gamer podcast that you guys wanted more feedback in this thread so I have kind of an assortment of feedback mostly art/visual related. Some are a little nitpicky and some are a bit larger and some are even positive!

First thing is that Act 4 is really great. You guys did an awesome job. It is a decently sized act but feels compact, linear (even with the Daresso/Koam split), and directed. It also looks amazing and the monsters are awesome. I got some more friends into POE and act 4 kept them playing and spending money. The music in it is great, the mood of the town is great. I love the guy farming to the left of the vendor, it's awesome.

Second thing is the Divination cards are excellent. I like the game design aspect but the art direction on them is great too. When I look at them I picture a sort of tarot card that some old witch would carry around. Or even in a world with more magic like poe or the alternate universe from the books Joanthan Strange and Mr Norrell people might carry them around. They look old and weathered and magic, really great. Besides the levels of act4 they're my favorite part of POE now art wise.

There are a few that stick out to me as out of place in a negative way. Lantador's Lost Love is little bright and a little too "smooth" to fit with the rest of the cards. I love the composition, and I sunset sky colors against the trees but its the only art without the lines/hatches on people's skin. Maybe this was on purpose of the story behind the card but it does stand out. Maybe just adding hatches to her skin would suffice. If you look closely she has light indications on her shoulder and where her forehead meets her hairline. Again I know these are nitpicks, I only write because I love them.

The Hoarder also stands out. No movement in the piece, just gold. And a lot of it. Tons of yellow and brown. Overly simple with a boring subject. No where for your eye to go.

The metalsmith's gift: somewhat of an odd composition. If it were a photo I'd say either crop the furnace out altogether or leave more of it in. It's distracting because your eye goes there since its the brightest but is dissapointed because it's cropped and just kind of a boring square. The leading line with the hammer is good to go to the ring but you'll always end up at the furnace.

Continuing on, I don't like The Union but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just too obvious compared to most of the other cards. I get it a dude got it married and made a supporter card for it. Maybe I don't like it 'cause he looks like podric from game of thrones. Who knows.

There are too many favorites to name, so many great ones. The Sun is so cool. I loved seeing a lot of the same color profiles and then just orange and black, really fun change of pace while keeping the same direction and "oldness" of the cards.

The minimap is mediocre. It's not big enough in the corner and it either blends in too much when overlayed or not enough. I know you can change the opacity but it still isn't good.

Before you kill the Vaal Oversoul and the game goes "dark", it's depressing. On two seperate occasions I found myself not wanting to play and just having to force myself through. I think just the blanketed filter that is inescapable gets to you, whereas like in Highgate its a little more controlled.

A lot of the MTX obliterate the silhouette of the characters.

Lastly one for now: I don't think Tasuni should be against that wall in Highgate, it feels weird. He seems meditative like a monk so out in the water with a walkway to him or even to his left 4-5 feet would be better placed. Just has an odd flow to it when you walk to him there.

Please let me know if this kind of feedback is helpful or wanted and I'll add some more. Thanks for making a great game.
Last edited by allheilgorb on Aug 17, 2015, 3:06:30 AM
Tasuni is more of a pariah in an enclosed town. Notice that he is actually shoved out of the way behind a collapsed staircase; people are afraid of him but Oyun keeps him around so the placement makes sense to me.

I'm finding that my only serious complaint about the level design / assets is the Act 3-4 statues. The tiny little pedestals they spawn on are like knee-high brick walls. They are very difficult to see and they stop everything, projectiles and movement skills being the main gripes. Fighting around a row of statues is frustrating.
I have one major comment about full set armour packs microtransactions: they should be more "animated"!

An awesome example is the infernal armor pack, with the light effects and the flame, or the arcane armor pack with the dancing lights. So if you could do it technically with these, why do the other armor packs look so dull ?

Considering the high prices for these armor packs, they deserve a little more uniqueness.

SUGGESTION LIST FOR ARMOR PACKS:

-The Necrotic armor pack would be awesome with some greenish light either diffusing around the green dots, or green liquid dripping on the floor from these dots.

-The Demon King armor pack is dying for blue or purple light diffusing between the armor cracks and joints. Honestly you don't use enough blue/purple effects for weapons/armors.

-The Steam-power armor pack looks dull without a proper steam jet coming out of the back engine! Would be even better with steam coming out of the mouth holes of the helmet.

-The Vampiric armor pack needs at least some blood dripping from the helmet mouth part, and the red light from the eyes, shoulders and knees caps should emit MOAAAAAAAAAAR light!

-The Verdant armor pack needs some yellow eyes on the helmet and elbows skulls, and a faint yellow halo around the antlers.

These are only suggestions, but there is so much that could be done relatively easily so every armor pack look as distinctive as the inferal armor pack. For 420 credits, it would highly appreciated.
Last edited by tienbasse on Sep 4, 2015, 2:18:14 PM
The Flammability curse is still impossible to see on mobs when other fire effects are flying all over the screen. It is the same color as any other normal fire effect. It's more of a problem now that it seems like a third of the packs I run into are curse immune and mixed in with other mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info