Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

I know you're trying to help but I did try this all before : P I did alot of mucking round with lightning to try get it to look less like frost. However everything else just looked kinda bad. I can bring out "hell" lightning or something later to add to the shop so you can get red evil lightning and so on maby :P. However if red was the primary lightning color things would be a little weird.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
For sure. That sounds awesome to use it as a visual to buy. Thanks for your insight :)
-V
My 1st post!

Today I´ve started to play the beta and I have to say, it´s awesome. I loved how you use the skill passive tree and the stones, its diferent from any another game I played before.

And the graphics, especially the texture, is beautiful. But to be better I would say things that were said before like footprints and splash water. Hope you guys can put the terrain detection tech on game. Without it sometimes you fell like the char is floting in the air and not with the foot on the ground

Anyway, I'd like to say great job. And Im a anxious to play the final version of the game. :)

edit
Last edited by rooody on Dec 15, 2012, 7:08:02 PM
Infernal Blow should have some sort of flame effect on either the weapon and/or hands when swinging.

Similar to how Glacier Hammer has the 'Glacier Hammer' (hurr) effect of the weapon.

(sorry if it's been requested before)
NSW, Australia.
Last edited by ZeeDubs on Dec 5, 2011, 2:11:21 AM
Omg. Everything is turning out very nice. I like everything I've seen so far. Theres one thing that does come to mind right now.

That is the OPTION to turn off animation, trails, and things like snow or leaves falling for those currently running lower end systems.

I downloadedd the game a few days ago. I used a windows 7 home premium OS
2 gigs memory
I'm thinking a 512mb Video card < uncertain.
Plenty of Hdd space.

The download was a success. I was able to open the game, and join.

I was extremely laggy starting out. Until I looked around in the options, and found Video settings. When I turned off the shadows completely. I was able to play with about .5-1 second delay upon aiming at next foe.

E/
The system IS* a duelcore. I see I forgot to add that.
CarnivalKlowns@D2Jsp.org
Marauder: BOWKLEY lvl 55 ( DEFAULT )
Read the PoE forums! There are great finds!
Last edited by CarnivalKlowns on Dec 10, 2011, 2:07:09 PM
ahhh and whats your graphics card?. Anyway turning off effects would be kind of cheap and we would rather not have 90% of our players running round with it turned off. Anyway the fx wont be the reason you are having low fps. It will be the fact you are probably using a video card thats inbuilt into your motherboard. Those things are slow. My brother has one in his work laptop .It has a hard time running Red Alert 2 and warcraft 3 on lowest settings.

I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
ahhh and whats your graphics card?. Anyway turning off effects would be kind of cheap and we would rather not have 90% of our players running round with it turned off. Anyway the fx wont be the reason you are having low fps. It will be the fact you are probably using a video card thats inbuilt into your motherboard. Those things are slow. My brother has one in his work laptop .It has a hard time running Red Alert 2 and warcraft 3 on lowest settings.

Edit:
For my sake, and others like me. I hope the rest of GGG staff doesn't feel the same way.

I'd have to look.

I dled ,and tried the game out on a computer in a different room that belongs to someone else who's currently asleep.

What I know about thier system, and mine.

Mine: Singlecore
Windows 7 Ultimate ( Now fully upgraded x86)
512 mb System memory ( Windows 7 minimum )
256mb NVidia GFORCE 6200
200 Gb Hd dspace.
I bought a 2 gb system memory upgrade for mine, but bought the wrong kind. ><

Thiers: Duelcore
Windows 7 Home Premium
2 gb System memory
UNKNOWN video card ( Has the NVidia setting located in control panel )
More than 200 gb hdd.

Both systems are AMD

CarnivalKlowns@D2Jsp.org
Marauder: BOWKLEY lvl 55 ( DEFAULT )
Read the PoE forums! There are great finds!
Last edited by CarnivalKlowns on Dec 15, 2011, 11:35:08 AM
I know he mentions Cold Snap waiting on Bloom effects, But i have 2 ideas:

Idea 1: For Cold snap whn you cast it, it could have ice like dagger come out of the ground that stay once cast for a few secs. They could criss-cross each way and if they hit a monster it looks like it literally traps them in the ice daggers vs reusing the same freezing effect over and over for different spells. Or something like the pic a few posts above. but the fx and description do not match

Idea 2: have different effects as you level up the gem.
For example shock nova at lvl 1 could look like nothing more then a static shock vs a higher lvl gem could look like it does now, or even more intense
Last edited by orangegroves on Dec 10, 2011, 12:39:05 AM
"

What I know about thier system, and mine.

Mine: Singlecore
Windows 7 Ultimate ( Now fully upgraded x86)
512 mb System memory ( Windows 7 minimum )
256mb NVidia GFORCE 6200
200 Gb Hd dspace.
I bought a 2 gb system memory upgrade for mine, but bought the wrong kind. ><

Thiers: Duelcore
Windows 7 Home Premium
2 gb System memory
UNKNOWN video card ( Has the NVidia setting located in control panel )
More than 200 gb hdd.

Both systems are AMD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info