3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
fefkus wrote:
Hi there, fellow EA witches,

I am playing this build for the very first time and I have started experiencing one-shots and overall I feel a bit squishy.
Could someone with enough knowledge about this build point me in the right direction regarding future upgrades? Working dad here, so I only have 2 divines worth of currency at the moment (but a +2 fractured thicket bow ready for crafting :) ). What should be my next steps? Bow? Blizzard helmet? Polaris ring? Gems? Auras? Is my gear foolishly naive or ok for red maps?
I would really appreciate any pointers. This is my witch (Buchtam): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fefkus/characters

Thanks a lot and let divines rain on you all!
Cheers
F

How much life do you have? I found once you get over 4k it helps a lot with one shots. I would recommend getting a chest with spell suppression and lots of life on it. Make sure you are capped or close to capped on spell suppression and capped resists. You don't need so many life flasks, run a granite flask with % increased armour, aztiri flask, and movement speed flask. Try to cap resists without purity of elements and run determination.

The other part of being squishy is DPS, get rid of the pierce on gloves, a polaric ring is going to help a lot but you need to make up resists and stats elsewhere. Level up your gems. Don't bother with the blizzard helmet, you need more money to make that. For mapping the gull is really cool to play with but your helmet should work fine. And quality up your dyadian dawn with turbulent catalysts. For your fractured bow, spam shrieking essences of wrath and try to get T1-2 attack speed or T1-2 damage over time multiplier. Make sure you have one prefix and one suffix open, annul if necessary, then craft cannot roll attack mods, exalt slam for +1 bow gems, then craft either attack speed or fire damage over time multiplier depending on which one you hit earlier.

I would level up your character and your gems on yellow maps first if you are struggling in reds, that will help.
Last edited by thetht on Sep 24, 2022, 1:09:24 PM
EZ 40/40 again, nerf it again ggg because the build is still unethical.
Thanks a lot, mate! (and also Bogdanovici1) :)
It seems I have a lot to do, but I like it that way :) I usually play one build per league but I like to min max it if I have time.
I have already exchanged my gloves (still temporary but no pierce), put catalysts on the belt and now I am going item after item until I feel OK :)
Thanks a lot for your help, it is greatly appreciated!
Cheers
F

"
thetht wrote:

How much life do you have? I found once you get over 4k it helps a lot with one shots. I would recommend getting a chest with spell suppression and lots of life on it. Make sure you are capped or close to capped on spell suppression and capped resists. You don't need so many life flasks, run a granite flask with % increased armour, aztiri flask, and movement speed flask. Try to cap resists without purity of elements and run determination.

The other part of being squishy is DPS, get rid of the pierce on gloves, a polaric ring is going to help a lot but you need to make up resists and stats elsewhere. Level up your gems. Don't bother with the blizzard helmet, you need more money to make that. For mapping the gull is really cool to play with but your helmet should work fine. And quality up your dyadian dawn with turbulent catalysts. For your fractured bow, spam shrieking essences of wrath and try to get T1-2 attack speed or T1-2 damage over time multiplier. Make sure you have one prefix and one suffix open, annul if necessary, then craft cannot roll attack mods, exalt slam for +1 bow gems, then craft either attack speed or fire damage over time multiplier depending on which one you hit earlier.

I would level up your character and your gems on yellow maps first if you are struggling in reds, that will help.
Hi i feel like my damage is really good but i want to insta kill everything.
Any 5 divine budget tips?
I suddenly find myself struggling with life sustain. Can anyone suggest how to deal with it?

https://pastebin.com/CRU3wgzR
The POB and the original post differ slightly in terms of gems. Should I follow POB over post (i.e. malevolence instead of purity of elements (already have capped res so don't need this aura for res) and blood lust instead of precision?
opinion on the taming prismatic ring?
Bad, you get that from ascendancy points. Don t play scuffed builds guys.
Hi guys, I could use some help with my build. First time playing EA ballista, damage is quite good but my survivability is a disaster (yes, i know my HP is super low). Heist is impossible because I randomly get one shot, in a typical map I die 1-2x for seemingly no reason. I'm just not entirely sure where I should make changes to not lose too much damage but stop dying so much.

Have about 15 divines I can put into the build, was going to invest in blizzard crown but not sure if that's the best next step. Thank you!

https://pastebin.com/AT83rPNC
"
Damae wrote:
Hi guys, I could use some help with my build. First time playing EA ballista, damage is quite good but my survivability is a disaster (yes, i know my HP is super low). Heist is impossible because I randomly get one shot, in a typical map I die 1-2x for seemingly no reason. I'm just not entirely sure where I should make changes to not lose too much damage but stop dying so much.

Have about 15 divines I can put into the build, was going to invest in blizzard crown but not sure if that's the best next step. Thank you!

https://pastebin.com/AT83rPNC

1. Your unique ring is in the rong slot, switch to the left slot.
2. Your auras level is low, buy lvl 20/21
3. Switch offensive aura to ourity of elemnts.
4. Get more attack speed with rare broad arrow quiver
5. Get amulet with +1 to all fire/all skill gems
Last edited by arikshkol on Sep 29, 2022, 3:07:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info