3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Just added a video of A9 Sirus kill.

https://youtu.be/Agvs2Cnpz5w

It would be really nice to get Culling Strike in somewhere to avoid any last second phasing like he does in this vid.
"
brunowa wrote:

I am undecided on Ignite Proliferation. Ideally you would swap it Prolif for mapping and swap in something else for bossing. The clear is still amazing without Ignite Proliferation... but it does make it that bit smoother when you have it on.

Ash, Frost, and Storm still gives good elemental DPS and I was using Sadist in my cluster. But checking it out I don't think Sadist works with ballistas. So thanks for point this out. I'll play around with it.

EDIT: I have removed Ash, Frost, and Storm and opted for an extra jewel socket (rain of splinters), 6% more life, and 2% life regen whilst moving.

Also later you can get proliferation from cluster node called Fan the Flames in medium cluster (burning damage ones). I probably wait to get large cluster with 2 medium clusters before i change proliferation gem to life tap
Last edited by Guilty1 on Feb 3, 2022, 11:38:08 AM
How do you compare your builds with Zizaran's Hiero and Crouching Tune / Palsteron Elementalists?
"
How do you compare your builds with Zizaran's Hiero and Crouching Tune / Palsteron Elementalists?

Well it is basically the same as those elementalist builds you mentioned. Zizaran's hiero and champion versions are more tanky or have better life recovery but less damage.
"
Guilty1 wrote:
"

Well it is basically the same as those elementalist builds you mentioned. Zizaran's hiero and champion versions are more tanky or have better life recovery but less damage.

This version is more well rounded imo.

Tuna prioritises DPS.

Zizaran priorities defence.

Paksteron is pretty well rounded.

My version used Plasterons POB primarily but tweaked it to be even more balanced and well rounded imo.

My DPS is fantastic, but I also get chaos res capped which no one else has done.

I also opted for a CWDT+immortal call+molten shell setup for the extra defence which is really nice, as opposed to Lighting Spire Trap + Combustion.

Otherwise, there are just way too many things to throw at bosses and you never hit the max DPS you see in their POBs.. eg: summon totems, fire frenzy, flame surge, lighting spire trap, infernal cry... It's way too much offence and you will never have all of that up at same time.

I also get 100% ailment immunity due to purity of elements (immune to freeze, shock, ignite). I also don't use a granite or Jade flask which free's up 2 flask slots for whatever I want (dying sunz atziris promise, bottled faithz or whatever).

You can see at the end of my Sirus vid that I basically facetank his beam. This build is TANKY. As someone that played Toxic Rain Champion in 3.16, I would say this build feels just as (if not more) tanky... And that is unheard of for an Elementalist :D

They are all very similar though. It's really minor tweaking to suit your playstyle. There are still a couple things I want to tweak, not that I need to, but just to fine tune it.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 3, 2022, 4:32:40 PM
damn, was hoping to find a good golem guude or go wallachs ballista build.

but after playing your zombie build in the early days of it "written by brunowa" makes this build my favourite to go...
sad its already meta though
"
brunowa wrote:

This version is more well rounded imo.

Tuna prioritises DPS.

Zizaran priorities defence.

Paksteron is pretty well rounded.

My version used Plasterons POB primarily but tweaked it to be even more balanced and well rounded imo.

My DPS is fantastic, but I also get chaos res capped which no one else has done.

I also opted for a CWDT+immortal call+molten shell setup for the extra defence which is really nice, as opposed to Lighting Spire Trap + Combustion.

Otherwise, there are just way too many things to throw at bosses and you never hit the max DPS you see in their POBs.. eg: summon totems, fire frenzy, flame surge, lighting spire trap, infernal cry... It's way too much offence and you will never have all of that up at same time.

I also get 100% ailment immunity due to purity of elements (immune to freeze, shock, ignite). I also don't use a granite or Jade flask which free's up 2 flask slots for whatever I want (dying sunz atziris promise, bottled faithz or whatever).

You can see at the end of my Sirus vid that I basically facetank his beam. This build is TANKY. As someone that played Toxic Rain Champion in 3.16, I would say this build feels just as (if not more) tanky... And that is unheard of for an Elementalist :D

They are all very similar though. It's really minor tweaking to suit your playstyle. There are still a couple things I want to tweak, not that I need to, but just to fine tune it.

Well yeah difference between yours and for example Plasterons versions are that you don't use trap for combustion.

Thats basically it. Other differences are from individual mods in rare items that will be random anyway because you won't get exactly same items :D You have more chaos resistance in your gear and that is something everyone will probably go for because chaos dot is deadly with this build. And Plasteron has full cluster setup where he gets proliferation when he changes to life tap which is probably what most players will do eventually. Also he got some more life regen and life recovery on kill in hes final tree and lethal pride timeless jewel with faster ingnites.

But i don't think there is need to battle which elementalist EA build is better. They are basically the same in the end. Difference is just in individual rare item mods what you can get. Trees are basically the same with minor differences if you want more recovery or other things you are lacking with your specific gear. Everyone will probably go for capped chaos res, life tap, purity of elements with lvl 4 enlighten etc. etc. if they want to take this build to the max.

I think they main question is that what are the differences between elementalist, hierophant and champion versions of EA ballista builds. And those differences are rather huge. Each version of EA ballista ignite builds are pretty much the same inside those ascendacies but there are major differences between ascendancies.
Last edited by Guilty1 on Feb 4, 2022, 8:04:35 AM
mmm when you defense only work with an enlighten then a lot of people hit a big wall.

The most videos show more that you will have a hard way to be "tanky"
So for the build path of building which side do we go first up or down.
There isnt a per level section like other builds ive played?
"
Fanatic88 wrote:
mmm when you defense only work with an enlighten then a lot of people hit a big wall.

The most videos show more that you will have a hard way to be "tanky"

My setup is end-game setup.

Drop Purity of Elements if you don't have an Enlighten. I use it simply because I get +47% chaos res with watchers eye. You can still easily cap res with gear. I am well over-capped.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 4, 2022, 2:56:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info