[3.17] League Starter | Self-Cast Ice Nova on Frostbolt | Inquisitor

"
Bf4thewin wrote:
Hi I tried making my first own build with help from your and few other PoBs. I had one question - Im using a cwdt - cold snap - bonechill steup and wanted to put the bonechill on my frostbolt instead. Will that work? because I really dont wanna use 3 skill links just for the bonechill effect but ive heard its really good.

my pob: https://pastebin.com/Z2wRTjpG

Thanks!

The reason I link Bonechill to Cold Snap is because it always leaves a chilling area with a 10% base chill effect (increased by Bonechill ~14%). You only really need it vs Bosses, and Frostbolt doesn't hit that hard to apply a bigger chill effect (also not sure if it gets overridden by the Ice Nova hit). You obviously also lose out on a better support gem.
I don't like the CWDT setup, because it doesn't let you cast Cold Snap manually and depending on taking damage vs endgame Bosses, with your Cold Snap not always hitting the area where the boss is, is not that great. Mapping will be no problem without it. It can be a hassle but I'm just casting it myself every couple of seconds.

As for your PoB:
You don't need Arcanist Brand for Assassin's Mark (esp. because it's "permanent" now). It's only useful for normal curses, in my opinion.

Glancing Blows isn't worth it, you actually lose eHP if you don't have good on-block-effects.

Consider taking "Incr. Critical Strikes" instead of "Added Cold Damage" for more DPS and getting Ice Nova to crit >95%. You can then swap out your diamond flask for a silver flask or maybe enduring eternal mana flask if you can't spam enough.

I think you may be a bit low on survivability, but you would have to see how it plays for yourself.

Sorry for all the text, but I hope I could help a bit!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info