[3.17] League Starter | Self-Cast Ice Nova on Frostbolt | Inquisitor

Hey is there any reason why you're not running pledge later ?
Or is it just assumed to be very starter gear ?
"
Lolovitz wrote:
Hey is there any reason why you're not running pledge later ?
Or is it just assumed to be very starter gear ?

Yes, I only want to provide a very starter template! You can respec into staff and easily go pledge later on, but you will probably lose out on block, so keep in mind you may wanna also get rid of glancing blows by then.
Thanks for sharing - I'd been thinking about Hiero or Occultist too, but Hiero looks a lot worse relatively since 3.15's mana & aura changes.

Mind if I ask why the Vaal Ice Nova gem in the pob is set to level 25? Wondering what I'm missing about getting it up that high in a starter.

Thanks!
"
tastive wrote:
Thanks for sharing - I'd been thinking about Hiero or Occultist too, but Hiero looks a lot worse relatively since 3.15's mana & aura changes.

Mind if I ask why the Vaal Ice Nova gem in the pob is set to level 25? Wondering what I'm missing about getting it up that high in a starter.

Thanks!

Yes, Occu is the better dps option, but doesn't have many defense layers!

I set the gem to 25 to simulate the changes to the Ice Nova damage. it puts it as close to the raw hit damag as possible, but the numbers will change a bit anyway, because of other changes. Vaal is just to show that you should use it if you find one (if same gem level).
"
sham_pain wrote:
"
tastive wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, Occu is the better dps option, but doesn't have many defense layers!

I set the gem to 25 to simulate the changes to the Ice Nova damage. it puts it as close to the raw hit damag as possible, but the numbers will change a bit anyway, because of other changes. Vaal is just to show that you should use it if you find one (if same gem level).

Oh, derp, ofc - thanks. I normally love Hiero's big AOE for Vaal Ice Nova - makes going big Legion really satisfying - but it seems like this is a boss-heavy league, and Inquis feels like a better fit for it. Wild how much work those two bottom ascendancy notables do in the POB (65% of the build's dmg!) - think I'm sold by Inquis here.

Thanks again for the inspiration - looks great. I don't know if this is outdated, but I saw the leveling questions earlier in the thread - I've leveled this before as Templar leaning on Holy Flame Totem & Wave of Conviction, swapping to Ice Nova in A4 when you get Spell Echo. You can swap earlier at 4L like you suggest, but HFT/Wave do pretty well through A4 on their own.
How do you deal with mana regen?
"
thatguy14 wrote:

inspiration, high level clarity, enduring mana flask, reduced cost of skills, some mana regen nodes are nearby too
if you got chaos you should look for mana regen and max mana on your rings and amulet
sounds nice!
"
thatguy14 wrote:

As Prypcio said, you should get an Eternal Mana Flike this

definitely use the prefix if you can't get both mods at the same time for now.

Also, until your mana pool is higher, you don't need to use Tempest shield before higher lvl.
Last edited by sham_pain on Feb 6, 2022, 8:06:08 AM
Hi I tried making my first own build with help from your and few other PoBs. I had one question - Im using a cwdt - cold snap - bonechill steup and wanted to put the bonechill on my frostbolt instead. Will that work? because I really dont wanna use 3 skill links just for the bonechill effect but ive heard its really good.

my pob: https://pastebin.com/Z2wRTjpG

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info