[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

Hi Fezz,

I'm a new player starting with your guide. I'm playing on PS5. I have been trying to follow your advice of "Always use a loot filter" but I can't make it work.

I've tried
- following you TRC Campagin filter.
- making a copy of the filter and setting up the platform to Playstation

I've reset the games several time. Tried to press L3 for reloading filters.
But the custom filters don't show.

Do you know why this would be happenning?
"
mimignon_ wrote:
Hi Fezz,

I'm a new player starting with your guide. I'm playing on PS5. I have been trying to follow your advice of "Always use a loot filter" but I can't make it work.

I've tried
- following you TRC Campagin filter.
- making a copy of the filter and setting up the platform to Playstation

I've reset the games several time. Tried to press L3 for reloading filters.
But the custom filters don't show.

Do you know why this would be happenning?

Hey, unfortunately, I don't know. I've never played on console (and I also don't have acces to one, so I can't test it) and I have absolutely no clue how to set-up console loot filters. From what I've heard from people who have used the guide while playing on console, following the respective filter and then selecting it ingame should work - you are the first one having problems with it. If you can't make it work, I recommend asking on reddit, for example - there are plenty of people who definetely can help you as this should be a very fixable issue.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 13, 2024, 2:35:13 PM
FINALLY someone explain how to craft stuff.

I really like your guide. Perfect for new players AND SSF !
"
reeld wrote:
FINALLY someone explain how to craft stuff.

I really like your guide. Perfect for new players AND SSF !

Thanks mate, I appreciate the feedback ;)
Hi Fezz

Thank you for making my first time in the game really fun. I have enjoyed it immensely. I know it will take a long time to get to know the game well but I had a quick question. I have seen an amulet with allocates whispers of doom. After lots of reading, I can't figure out if it will be something that is helpful or not. Is there a way of knowing if gear with strange mechanics will work or not?

Thanks heaps!
https://pasteboard.co/NJZ27D7o2fOR.jpg
Last edited by Bardichu on Feb 18, 2024, 8:17:55 AM
Hi Fezz

I would like to thank you for the build/game guide, it's very informative and it's been the smoothest play through I think I've ever had. I haven't played much in the last 4-5 years (or more) so this was a great refresher and you've provided me with info that will carry through to my other characters and future play throughs.
I've learned a lot :)

Here is my build:
https://pobb.in/ghUQE-9cgmgu

It's coming along nicely, I am just wanting to level up a bit more (hopefully hit 99 or 100 by leeching) before fully switching to cluster jewels. I wasn't sure if this would make me too squishy so I thought I'd be safe and wait. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I was also wondering if there's any chance we would see a continuation/intermediate guide for another build following this one.

Thanks again!
Last edited by PCLM on Feb 18, 2024, 10:36:32 PM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Hey Fezz, great guide. I've been having a lot of fun so far. I have a question about void manipulation support. I got a 5-link bow at level 34, but it tells me void manipulation is a level 46 gem, so I can't equip the bow with it socketed. Am I supposed to wait until level 46 before fully swapping to toxic rain build? Just wanted to make sure because in the guide it says to link it into bow at 34 and fully switch over.

Edit: Sorry, in guide it clearly says use vicious projectiles if void is unavailable. XD

Great that this has been solved, BUT you can equip a level 1 Void Manipulation Support with level 8 already. Maybe the gem is already leveled?

To give you some context: Normally, Void Manipulation only becomes available after you've completed the quest in The Library which is why you're supposed to use Vicious Projectiles until then - at least if it's your first playthrough.

Yeah, that was a misunderstanding on my part haha. I actually made a character which turned into a train wreck before swapping to this build when I first started playing in this league. I made it to level 60ish, so, I bought the Void Manipulation on that character and tried to transfer it over which is why it was already leveled. Whoops.
"
Bardichu wrote:
Hi Fezz

Thank you for making my first time in the game really fun. I have enjoyed it immensely. I know it will take a long time to get to know the game well but I had a quick question. I have seen an amulet with allocates whispers of doom. After lots of reading, I can't figure out if it will be something that is helpful or not. Is there a way of knowing if gear with strange mechanics will work or not?

Thanks heaps!
https://pasteboard.co/NJZ27D7o2fOR.jpg

Thanks ;)

Unfortunately, Whispers of Doom does not benefit this build since there only is one curse (Despair) that provides a damage increase for Chaos damage. But even IF there would be another curse that benefits the build, you would have to cast it manually, meaning its uptime is limited and your playstyle becomes less smooth. As a consequence, it's not that good, especially if you take an anointment that increases damage passively, such as Potency of Will.

That being said, there is no "easy way" to figure out such things. Most of the time, it comes to knowledge - which is why it's recommended to play quite a few builds to see the very peculiarities of specific things.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 20, 2024, 12:29:33 PM
"
PCLM wrote:
Hi Fezz

I would like to thank you for the build/game guide, it's very informative and it's been the smoothest play through I think I've ever had. I haven't played much in the last 4-5 years (or more) so this was a great refresher and you've provided me with info that will carry through to my other characters and future play throughs.
I've learned a lot :)

Thanks ;)

"
PCLM wrote:
Here is my build:
https://pobb.in/ghUQE-9cgmgu

It's coming along nicely, I am just wanting to level up a bit more (hopefully hit 99 or 100 by leeching) before fully switching to cluster jewels. I wasn't sure if this would make me too squishy so I thought I'd be safe and wait. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some thoughts:

- Get Level 21/20 and/or 20/20 for skill/support gems, especially for your TR

- Get level 21/0 aura gems

- Replace Faster Attacks Support with Mirage Archer Support (you already have that much attack speed that Mirage Archer benefits you more - on top of that clearing will be more smooth)

- Your quiver enchant does pretty much nothing. Get something useful.

- You really should get medium cluster jewels. They add A LOT of damage. You can save 2 point by changing the start of your skill tree like this, 1 point by not taking Path of the Hunter, 2 points by not taking Fangs of the Viper and 1-3 points by not taking Path of the Warrior (if you feel tanky enough - which you should be). Theoretically, you can pretty much abandon everything on the left side starting from Sentinel.

- You only have 85% spell suppression. You want to have 100%. Take Magebane (on the skill tree) and this is solved. You will then have 108% which should allow you to abdonon one of the small nodes on the skill tree next to Path of the Hunter.

- Last but no least, you are currently highly overcapped on resistances. While this is a good basis, you want to check if you can get some modifiers that add more to your setup (while still having resistance cap) once you've made all the changes mentioned above - e.g. the enchant of your Vermillion ring or belt adds nothing due to already having high resistances; check if you can craft soemthing more useful (which would be anything at the moment :D)

"
PCLM wrote:
I was also wondering if there's any chance we would see a continuation/intermediate guide for another build following this one.

Keeping this very build guide up2date is already pretty time-consuming and having two or more guides with the same depth and new-player-friendlyness is simply not something I am planning right now - sorry :/.

That being said: If you want to test something fun, check out this speed leveling guide from me.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 23, 2024, 4:54:04 AM
will give it a shot ty :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info