[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

Hey Fezz, back again with some more questions. I'm currently level 90 and hitting a bit of a damage wall. I'm currently sitting at 220k dps. I've managed to get to t16 maps , but it's starting to get rough at this point.

Any tips on what I should do to improve the build more would be appreciated.
Should note I have about 3-4 divine worth of currency atm.

https://pobb.in/GRvEZZLB2A2e
Last edited by Tacobenderover on Feb 26, 2024, 1:12:14 AM
"
Hey Fezz, back again with some more questions. I'm currently level 90 and hitting a bit of a damage wall. I'm currently sitting at 220k dps. I've managed to get to t16 maps , but it's starting to get rough at this point.

Any tips on what I should do to improve the build more would be appreciated.
Should note I have about 3-4 divine worth of currency atm.

https://pobb.in/GRvEZZLB2A2e

Hey, it seems like you should take a look at the endgame basics first, especially the part regarding damage scaling. Some of your gear/mods suggest that you don't have the correct understanding of how the build works, for example: Your quiver and both of your rings have '#% increased Elemental Damage with Attacks" which do pretty much nothing for the build (and I assume that having this mod 3 times is on purpose by you rather than coincidence).

After that, I highly recommend on focusing on the endgame milestones - one by one.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 26, 2024, 7:52:56 AM
"
Uber_Helios wrote:
will give it a shot ty :)

Have fun ;)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 26, 2024, 8:01:38 AM
Hi Fezz

Still really enjoying the build. Working my way through the map tiers now and having lots of fun.

I am implementing all the stuff you recommend - coming back and fixing things, making sure I follow your details etc. One that is puzzling me is the Molten Shell level 16. I have a 19 and will reduce it but I can't see what the difference is on the hover overs between it and 18 (hope that makes sense).

I guess a different way to ask is, what is the downside to having a higher level Molten Shell than level 16?

Thanks in advance - you rock!!
"
Bardichu wrote:
Hi Fezz

Still really enjoying the build. Working my way through the map tiers now and having lots of fun.

I am implementing all the stuff you recommend - coming back and fixing things, making sure I follow your details etc. One that is puzzling me is the Molten Shell level 16. I have a 19 and will reduce it but I can't see what the difference is on the hover overs between it and 18 (hope that makes sense).

I guess a different way to ask is, what is the downside to having a higher level Molten Shell than level 16?

Thanks in advance - you rock!!
Hey, check out the explanation regarding the levels of Molten Shell & CWDT in act 9 - there you will get the info you are looking for ;)

Cheers!
Last edited by fezz8386 on Mar 2, 2024, 11:59:50 AM
Hi fezz.

First of all thank you for the build (I followed the guide at poe-beginner-guide website). It was my first build and playthrough the PoE since 2022.
It is very tanky, I like it, the only time I die is due to bleeding (after 200 alters I gave up with rolling).

Just wanted to say I don't know if I am doing something wrong or it is just this kind of build but I struggle a lot in all time missions (like doing Incursions, Legion encounters, or Syndicate Laboratory missions. It is very though to kill all the yellows while placing the ballistas when the time is ticking.

Maybe this build isn't just for me?
"
werpollin wrote:
Hi fezz.

First of all thank you for the build (I followed the guide at poe-beginner-guide website). It was my first build and playthrough the PoE since 2022.
It is very tanky, I like it, the only time I die is due to bleeding (after 200 alters I gave up with rolling).

Just wanted to say I don't know if I am doing something wrong or it is just this kind of build but I struggle a lot in all time missions (like doing Incursions, Legion encounters, or Syndicate Laboratory missions. It is very though to kill all the yellows while placing the ballistas when the time is ticking.

Maybe this build isn't just for me?

Hey there, thanks for the feedback.

In terms of your struggles: It's hard to judge from a distance. In general, Incursion monsters have a lot of life which makes the mechanic one of the harder ones if you don't have a lot of damage - especially in the early endgame. That's why I've rated the difficulty of Incursion 'normal - hard'.

In general, it sounds like a damage-related problem, so maybe your current setup is not the best for the mentioned mechanics - at least for now. Try to focus on other mechanics/goals for the time being - it will get managable once you have some better gear.

PS: Seems like you were pretty unlucky in terms of flask rolling. Bleed immunity is very important, so keep trying ;)

I want to go for the trophies on PlayStation, and it looks like along with clearing the entire Atlas and getting several void stones this requires killing a few bosses like Shaper, Elder, Maven, Atrizi, Uber Atrizi, the Breach lords etc.

I am not familiar with any of these bosses. I know this build is not recommended for bossing, but would it be strong enough to handle a single kill of each?

I’m extremely new to the game and really want to play this build for 3.24, but just need to be sure it can handle the content I am aiming for.
"
I want to go for the trophies on PlayStation, and it looks like along with clearing the entire Atlas and getting several void stones this requires killing a few bosses like Shaper, Elder, Maven, Atrizi, Uber Atrizi, the Breach lords etc.

I am not familiar with any of these bosses. I know this build is not recommended for bossing, but would it be strong enough to handle a single kill of each?

I’m extremely new to the game and really want to play this build for 3.24, but just need to be sure it can handle the content I am aiming for.

Hey there, the build itself is absolutely capable of killing all bosses you've mentioned - even all bosses in the game. But that doesn't necessarily mean that you are capable of doing it as a new player - with any build.

The reason why is that - as a new player - you have a lot to learn and depending on your skill, experience, time available and other factors the outcome of your first playthroughs might differ.

In my opinion, the average new player should not expect to be capable of killing all Uber bosses in his first playthrough, but there are of course new players who are.

To give you a short answer to question: Yes, you can kill all mentioned bosses with the build. But I think it's unreasonable to expect to kill all bosses if it's your first playthrough.

Nevertheless, let me give you an assessment of the bosses you've mentioned in regards to the build:

- Shaper, Elder, Atziri and breach bosses are on the lower end of the difficulty spectrum and the build is very capable of beating these.

- Maven and Uber Atziri (and any other Uber boss) are way more challenging - for any build - and should be considered 'aspirational content' for new players. But the build is also capable of beating these - but it will be a challenge, for sure.

"
fezz8386 wrote:

Nevertheless, let me give you an assessment of the bosses you've mentioned in regards to the build:

- Shaper, Elder, Atziri and breach bosses are on the lower end of the difficulty spectrum and the build is very capable of beating these.

- Maven and Uber Atziri (and any other Uber boss) are way more challenging - for any build - and should be considered 'aspirational content' for new players. But the build is also capable of beating these - but it will be a challenge, for sure.[/span]

Appreciate the breakdown, that’s exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I understand that bossing is generally a pretty high aspiration for a first league and if it weren’t for the trophy requirements I probably wouldn’t even bother thinking about them. I’m going to be way more focused on just learning how to level and gear properly, and in clearing every map on the Atlas which should keep me busy for quite a long while. But as a seasoned trophy hunter I just know I won’t be able to resist aiming to clean up those last few achievements eventually and just wanted to be sure the build is capable of taking on that kind of content.

That settles it then, I’m definitely playing the Toxic Rain Champion! I’ve had my heart set on it for awhile tbh. I’ve looked around a lot and haven’t encountered another beginner friendly guide that even comes close to yours. You did a phenomenal job with the site & I can’t wait to get started!

Doubtless I’ll be back in the coming months to pester you with more questions 😛

Cheers Fezz.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info