[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

Perfect, thanks a lot for the guide and the time to answer this :)
"
Perfect, thanks a lot for the guide and the time to answer this :)

You're welcome ;)
Hi Fezz,

Thanks for this build guide. I started playing the game towards the end of ToTa and after my own build failed once I got to maps I started to look at build guides and followed a few different ones, but this one is hands down the best new player-friendly guide out there.

I've got all my voidstones this league and I'm absolutely in love with this game and a big part of that is down to this build guide easing you into the game bit by bit.

I would recommend this build and guide to any and all new POE players.

Thanks a lot, Fezz.
Thanks a lot for this build.. having a lot of fun - but as so often i struggle starting with red maps. Although i think i have my layers of defense up i keep getting one shoted

https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction/character/Wizmael/Wizi_Affliction?i=1&search=name%3Dwizi

all resis 75, 30k armour, 26k evasiion, 4,7k life, 94% spell suppression (50% prevent)

... anyone have suggestions?
"
Wizmael wrote:
Thanks a lot for this build.. having a lot of fun - but as so often i struggle starting with red maps. Although i think i have my layers of defense up i keep getting one shoted

https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction/character/Wizmael/Wizi_Affliction?i=1&search=name%3Dwizi

all resis 75, 30k armour, 26k evasiion, 4,7k life, 94% spell suppression (50% prevent)

... anyone have suggestions?

You really want to get 100% spell suppression (according to PoB it's currently 84%, not 94%, which - if correct - is a huge difference). You can get that easily by unskilling Path of the Hunter + the two small nodes nearby and get Inveterate instead. Problem solved :)

Other than that, your defensive setup looks perfectly fine. From there, offense is your best defense.

PS: Your Enlighten Support currently does nothing due to only being level 2 - are you aware of that?

Cheers
Last edited by fezz8386 on Jan 29, 2024, 12:27:49 AM
Hey loving this build so far! I have a question about the quicksilver, silver, and granite flasks though. I heard you can automate the flasks to be used when certain conditions are met. Would you recommend to use something like "Used when Charges reach full"?

Thank you!
"
Yoyotree wrote:
Hey loving this build so far! I have a question about the quicksilver, silver, and granite flasks though. I heard you can automate the flasks to be used when certain conditions are met. Would you recommend to use something like "Used when Charges reach full"?

Thank you!

Yes, "Used when Charges reach full" is actually recommended.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 4, 2024, 9:35:12 PM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Yoyotree wrote:

Thank you!

Yes, "Used when Charges reach full" is actually recommended.

Perfect thank you!
Hey Fezz, great guide. I've been having a lot of fun so far. I have a question about void manipulation support. I got a 5-link bow at level 34, but it tells me void manipulation is a level 46 gem, so I can't equip the bow with it socketed. Am I supposed to wait until level 46 before fully swapping to toxic rain build? Just wanted to make sure because in the guide it says to link it into bow at 34 and fully switch over.

Edit: Sorry, in guide it clearly says use vicious projectiles if void is unavailable. XD
Last edited by Tacobenderover on Feb 13, 2024, 12:21:50 AM
"
Hey Fezz, great guide. I've been having a lot of fun so far. I have a question about void manipulation support. I got a 5-link bow at level 34, but it tells me void manipulation is a level 46 gem, so I can't equip the bow with it socketed. Am I supposed to wait until level 46 before fully swapping to toxic rain build? Just wanted to make sure because in the guide it says to link it into bow at 34 and fully switch over.

Edit: Sorry, in guide it clearly says use vicious projectiles if void is unavailable. XD

Great that this has been solved, BUT you can equip a level 1 Void Manipulation Support with level 8 already. Maybe the gem is already leveled?

To give you some context: Normally, Void Manipulation only becomes available after you've completed the quest in The Library which is why you're supposed to use Vicious Projectiles until then - at least if it's your first playthrough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info