[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
Very helpful guide
Farthest ive made in it POE thanks to this guide. Made it to t10s pretty effortlessly. Now Im having trouble when I do corrupted t11s for the atlas.. But that's just because my gear isn't up to par yet.
Thanks for the build!

Thanks, really appreciate it! (as said in Discord, focus on the milestones and double check your setups and you will be able to beat T11 easily)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 11, 2024, 10:59:21 AM
this build has been awesome and i've been enjoying it a lot after trying poe many years ago and then never touching it again... it also does a gerat job explaining the gear and mechanics as you progress!

A question: in the early endgame you suggest that lvl 3/4 empower support will replace mirage archer. later on however, in the milestones section, you suggest replacing faster attacks (rather than mirage archer) with it. Which one do you recommend? Thank you for your help!
"
AoASeolhyun wrote:
this build has been awesome and i've been enjoying it a lot after trying poe many years ago and then never touching it again... it also does a gerat job explaining the gear and mechanics as you progress!

A question: in the early endgame you suggest that lvl 3/4 empower support will replace mirage archer. later on however, in the milestones section, you suggest replacing faster attacks (rather than mirage archer) with it. Which one do you recommend? Thank you for your help!

Assuming you don't have that much items that give you Attack Speed in the early endgame, you will benefit more from Faster Attacks. At later stages of the endgame, you will have items that provide that much Attack Speed that Mirage Archer becomes more beneficial than Faster Attacks.

TL:DR

- Early Endgme = Use Empower instead of Mirage Archer
- Late Endgame = Use Mirage Archer instead of Faster Attacks (assuming you have an Empower; otherwise use both)

I hope this helps
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 12, 2024, 11:30:00 AM
Is this the only build guide you have that you go in depth with as league starter or do you have others?
"
Is this the only build guide you have that you go in depth with as league starter or do you have others?

Only this one. It's simply too much work to do more than one only for fun ;)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 13, 2024, 5:48:31 AM
**EDIT** Nevermind, I got it sorted out
Last edited by Nakkiapina on Apr 14, 2024, 6:31:01 AM
Thanks so much for this guide! For a new player, it has made the game accessible and I'm loving it so far!

I have one question on Act 9. It mentions farming The Foothills to acquire the correct gear/gem set up. Should I just be farming for the correct socket colored-items or just get close and use crafting resources to get the rest of the way? Or is the farming at this point more-so meant to target currency to simply buy the gear from others?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, still trying to figure out the gear upgrade routes in this game!
"
Syndrel wrote:
Thanks so much for this guide! For a new player, it has made the game accessible and I'm loving it so far!

I have one question on Act 9. It mentions farming The Foothills to acquire the correct gear/gem set up. Should I just be farming for the correct socket colored-items or just get close and use crafting resources to get the rest of the way? Or is the farming at this point more-so meant to target currency to simply buy the gear from others?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, still trying to figure out the gear upgrade routes in this game!

Thanks ;)

Regarding your question: Use whatever currency is available to you to get the recommended socket colored and linked items AND resistances, then continue with the campaign.

That being said, since the current league is already ongoing for a while, you might get the items super fast by just buying them cheap. The rule of thumb here for item mods would be: Needed linked socket colors + 2x elemental resistance type mod until you hit 105% in total for all 3 types (+ eventually Maximum Life, if available for cheap money).
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 14, 2024, 2:19:17 PM
I noticed one other thing I'm curious about - the "Endgame Setup (Skills & Flasks)" section mentions keeping Despair unlinked in order to minimize mana reservation. I'm probably missing something here - but I don't see anywhere that says this gem reserves mana. Is it referring to the general on-cast mana use?
"
Syndrel wrote:
I noticed one other thing I'm curious about - the "Endgame Setup (Skills & Flasks)" section mentions keeping Despair unlinked in order to minimize mana reservation. I'm probably missing something here - but I don't see anywhere that says this gem reserves mana. Is it referring to the general on-cast mana use?

That's a wording mistake from my side - I've fixed it - thanks for the feedback.

You got it right - it just refers to the mana cost IF you link it to a support gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info