[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

Very informative guide, currently playing this in Crucible league it's been a lot of fun so far. First time player here so looking forward to see how this goes further down the line!

Thank you for your hard work!
Last edited by Meldazar on Apr 9, 2023, 12:21:30 PM
"
Meldazar wrote:
Very informative guide, currently playing this in Crucible league it's been a lot of fun so far. First time player here so looking forward to see how this goes further down the line!

Thank you for your hard work!

I appreaciate the positive feedback, thank you. I wish you great loot ;)
// Update - 10.04.23
- Various optimizations were made to the guide based on player feedback during the Crucible league start.
In the guide's Act 9 chapter, you have the section "Add a CWDT setup to your Molten Shell". Does the 3.21 nerf to Molten Shell effect this setup, either in the desirable gem levels or the resulting amount of shield?

"
Molten Shell now has "Buff can take Damage equal to 10% of your Armour, up to a maximum of 5000" at all gem levels (previously 20% of your Armour, up to a maximum of 10000).
Last edited by evilsofa on Apr 10, 2023, 3:15:56 AM
"
evilsofa wrote:
In the guide's Act 9 chapter, you have the section "Add a CWDT setup to your Molten Shell". Does the 3.21 nerf to Molten Shell effect this setup, either in the desirable gem levels or the resulting amount of shield?

"
Molten Shell now has "Buff can take Damage equal to 10% of your Armour, up to a maximum of 5000" at all gem levels (previously 20% of your Armour, up to a maximum of 10000).

The amount of shield that Molten Shell provides depends on your armour value. This value is not yet high enough to reach the shield cap in the campaign. So the nerf only affects the endgame. However, it does not change anything in the setup.
// Update - 11.04.23
- Various optimizations were made to the guide based on player feedback during the Crucible league start.
Wanted to say thanks again for a great guide and it's helping me progress into end game bosses for the first time! In terms of the guide, I'm mostly following the "Milestones" and "Endgame Items & Crafts" section.

Would you be willing to take a quick look at my character and see what short term upgrades I should be targeting? As far as I can tell, (besides end game items like the ultimate bow,) these include:

* redoing my bow (with annul/essence of dread) to free a suffix slot for Chaos DoT multi
* 21/20 gems
* cluster jewels? Not sure how important/priority these are
* Running Hunter maps to gather bases in preparation for end game crafting

Anything else that I missed or "easy" to fix? Thanks in advance!

For long term goals,

* end game crafting (with e.g. Hunter's influence bases)
* 6 link chest with useful mods
* awakened support gems?

But (I think) I am quite far from those goals right now.
Last edited by lasagnaman on Apr 11, 2023, 8:15:07 PM
"
lasagnaman wrote:
Wanted to say thanks again for a great guide and it's helping me progress into end game bosses for the first time! In terms of the guide, I'm mostly following the "Milestones" and "Endgame Items & Crafts" section.

Would you be willing to take a quick look at my character and see what short term upgrades I should be targeting? As far as I can tell, (besides end game items like the ultimate bow,) these include:

* redoing my bow (with annul/essence of dread) to free a suffix slot for Chaos DoT multi
* 21/20 gems
* cluster jewels? Not sure how important/priority these are
* Running Hunter maps to gather bases in preparation for end game crafting

Anything else that I missed or "easy" to fix? Thanks in advance!

For long term goals,

* end game crafting (with e.g. Hunter's influence bases)
* 6 link chest with useful mods
* awakened support gems?

But (I think) I am quite far from those goals right now.

Hey, sure:

1. Cap your Spell Suppression (according to PoB, you only have 94%, but this is buggy sometimes - double check it) - read more
2. Get 39% increased Areo of Effect (according to PoB you didn't take the Bow Mastery yet so I wonder if you actually have 39% Aoe) - read more
3. Get a jewel with ‚Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you‘ (strong defense)
4. Get Vaal Molten Shell (you are still using the normal one)
5. Get a CWDT setup for Molten Shell (you are still using the self-cast setup)
6. Get 21 gems (especially for Toxic Rain since it scales a lot with gem levels)
7. Get cluster jewels (this is the biggest damage boost you can get) - read more
8. Get Curse on Hit ring (quality of life + damage boost)
9. Get Corruption as your amulet annointment (damage boost) - read more
10. Get Chaos Dot Multi on your Quiver (Hunter base needed)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 12, 2023, 3:43:05 AM
Hey thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help!

"
fezz8386 wrote:
1. Cap your Spell Suppression (according to PoB, you only have 94%, but this is buggy sometimes - double check it) - read more

Ah yeah, I took the 8% suppression when phasing node and I pretty much always have phasing, so I figured it was ok. Although come to think of it, the "chance of spell suppression is lucky" is probably as good/better right? with my 96% base it would become 99.84% chance to suppress, while having higher uptime on bosses (not dependent on phasing).

"
fezz8386 wrote:
2. Get 39% increased Area of Effect (according to PoB you didn't take the Bow Mastery yet so I wonder if you actually have 39% Aoe) - read more

I think I ended up taking the other bow master node (near the start), just a location diff. I do have 39% increased AoE.

"
fezz8386 wrote:
3. Get a jewel with ‚Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you‘ (strong defense)

Is it not good/not ok to just have "Of Sealing" on my life flask?

"
fezz8386 wrote:

What is the point of having CWDT for molten shell? Why is it better than just self/auto casting it on my left-click? And, how is Vaal Molten shell used, it looks like it has the same armor buff as the basic skill, but a lower % incoming damage absorption?

Another question: Is quality important on (vaal) molten shell? Can I just spam Vaal orbs on lvl 1 gems to get one or should I level it up and get it to 20% quality first?

"
fezz8386 wrote:
6. Get 21 gems (especially for Toxic Rain since it scales a lot with gem levels)
7. Get cluster jewels (this is the biggest damage boost you can get) - read more
8. Get Curse on Hit ring (quality of life + damage boost)
10. Get Chaos Dot Multi on your Quiver (Hunter base needed)

Yep, roger that!

"
fezz8386 wrote:

Is my current amulet good enough for the Corruption Anoint? I only have enough for 1 black oil so far so I will need to farm a bit more before I can afford this.
Last edited by lasagnaman on Apr 12, 2023, 4:37:17 AM
"
lasagnaman wrote:
Hey thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help!

"
fezz8386 wrote:

Ah yeah, I took the 8% suppression when phasing node and I pretty much always have phasing, so I figured it was ok. Although come to think of it, the "chance of spell suppression is lucky" is probably as good/better right? with my 96% base it would become 99.84% chance to suppress, while having higher uptime on bosses (not dependent on phasing).

While spell suppression below 100% is still a good defense, you really want to have 100% due to the fact that it's is guaranteed and thereby you dismiss the factor of rng. And: there is an easy fix for you -> Unskill Spell Suppression Mastery, skill Magebane, problem solved. You now have 110% Spell Suppression which means you aren't even reliant on the Spell Suppresion on your helmet.

"
fezz8386 wrote:
2. Get 39% increased Area of Effect (according to PoB you didn't take the Bow Mastery yet so I wonder if you actually have 39% Aoe) - read more

I think I ended up taking the other bow master node (near the start), just a location diff. I do have 39% increased AoE.

Didn't see it, you are fine then. By the way, you are missing out on 44% increased damage on that Mastery cluster (small nodes)

"
fezz8386 wrote:

Is it not good/not ok to just have "Of Sealing" on my life flask?

a) You won't always have your flask available
b) You might fail/forget using it
c) You can get another helpful suffix (e.g. anti burning) on your flask if you have ‚Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you‘ on your jewel.

"
fezz8386 wrote:

What is the point of having CWDT for molten shell? Why is it better than just self/auto casting it on my left-click? And, how is Vaal Molten shell used, it looks like it has the same armor buff as the basic skill, but a lower % incoming damage absorption?

Another question: Is quality important on (vaal) molten shell? Can I just spam Vaal orbs on lvl 1 gems to get one or should I level it up and get it to 20% quality first?

a) Read this
b) Having Molten Shell on left-click is a nice-to-have setup (because you get a nice shield every ~5seconds) while having a CWDT Molten Shell is a very strong defense layer because you get a shield WHEN you receive X amount of damage
c) Vaal Molten Shell gives you a way bigger shield. On top of that Vaal Molten Shell gives you BOTH the normal version AND the vaal version of the skill. In a CWDT Molten Shell setup this comes handy because you have 1) the automatic shield protection from the normal version and 2) an emergency button to press (Vall Molten Shell) for dangerous situations.
d) Quality on Molten Shell increases the duration of the shield by 1% per 1% quality so it's beneficial. But this shouldn't be an either or decision. Go for the non-quality setup first, then work on the quality setup.

"
fezz8386 wrote:

Is my current amulet good enough for the Corruption Anoint? I only have enough for 1 black oil so far so I will need to farm a bit more before I can afford this.

a) Your amulet is good enough, yes
b) Black Oils can be farmed pretty easily so I woulnd't bother using them

Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 12, 2023, 9:29:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info