[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

// Update - 01.04.23
- The base of the guide has been updated for patch 3.21 (however, some optimizations will be made in the coming week). For an assessment of how the build is affected by the changes in 3.21, please see 'Impact of the 3.21 changes on the build' here
Last edited by fezz8386 on Mar 31, 2023, 9:43:27 PM
Oooooof, a ~20% nerf? RIP my beautiful Train Champ
I want to rock right meow
Oh crap i just started and im a noob lol.
anyway for anyone that can answer me, im currently level 42 and im taking the Life mastery node, i noticed the guide in screenshot asking me to take +50 life but PoB actually took vitality has 100% mana reservation efficiency?

Which one is the correct one?
"
FatHuntresS wrote:
anyway for anyone that can answer me, im currently level 42 and im taking the Life mastery node, i noticed the guide in screenshot asking me to take +50 life but PoB actually took vitality has 100% mana reservation efficiency?

Pretty sure you're gonna want the mana reservation efficiency, unless you're not currently using vitality, in which case take the +50 life and use an orb of regret to swap it later.

edit: Welcome, exile!
I want to rock right meow
Last edited by Laeortia on Apr 1, 2023, 3:23:47 PM
"
FatHuntresS wrote:

I already have updated the guide for 3.21 which starts on April 7. In 3.21, the mastery node with mana reservation for Vitality doesn't exist anymore (which is why the new screenshot doesn't show that mastery anymore).

If you want to play the build before 3.21, I highly recommend using this PoB or this screenshot which is for the current version (3.20) of the game.

Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 1, 2023, 4:32:01 PM
"
Laeortia wrote:
"
FatHuntresS wrote:

Pretty sure you're gonna want the mana reservation efficiency, unless you're not currently using vitality, in which case take the +50 life and use an orb of regret to swap it later.

edit: Welcome, exile!

Thanks, felt like i didnt need the vitality aura anyway so i could spam attacks more, ill just take the +50 vit since the updated guide is +50 vit as well. anyway thanks
I watch a few starter build creators like Zizarian or PoM and from my PL backyard. Everywhere there is information that TR PF will have DPS and will be Tanky. Maybe it's worth thinking about changing to PF from Duelist?
"
Aloranis wrote:
I watch a few starter build creators like Zizarian or PoM and from my PL backyard. Everywhere there is information that TR PF will have DPS and will be Tanky. Maybe it's worth thinking about changing to PF from Duelist?

I would argue that the Pathfinder version has (a bit) more damage (scaling), but has less survivability than the Duelist version. Due to the fact that this guide is dedicated to new players, I favor the Duelist version since having more defences helps new players more than having more damage, in my opinion.

On top of that, there are options to bring the Duelist version near the damage numbers of the Pathfinder version while still remaining tankier (there is a dedicated milestone for that in the guide).

That being said, there's nothing wrong with playing the PF version, especially because it has been reworked. But for the sake of this guide, I will stick to the Duelist ;)

Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 4, 2023, 4:17:32 AM
// Update - 05.04.23
- Various optimizations were made to Act 1 to 3.
// Update - 06.04.23
- Various optimizations were made to Act 4 to 7.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info