[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

Mate,

Inside PoB notes you still have Onslaught Support at ACT 1.
"
Aloranis wrote:
Mate,

Inside PoB notes you still have Onslaught Support at ACT 1.

Hey, thanks. Unfortunately, the default version of PoB does not have Momentum Support included yet which is why Onslaught Support is still there (as a placeholder). Will update it as soon as there is a new version of PoB.

Edit: Ah, you meant the note. Has been updated, thank you.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 6, 2023, 7:52:51 PM
After having been gone for 20 leagues, I decided to play in Standard so I could have more than 1 league to learn about all the new mechanics - I had not even seen the 10 acts. I chose to use this build and its guide, and I'm glad I did!

Path of Building Commmunity shows that I do 3.2 million DPS. I clear Tier 16 maps easily. I was able to get the first two voidstones, but in three attempts was not able to get past the Shaper's final phase. I would probably have been able to just barely kill the Shaper with more practice, but I don't think I'd have been able to get the other two voidstones.

I found I enjoyed Delve most of all, and have been doing a lot of that. I have killed all three Delve bosses, depth 150 became very safe, and just today I reached depth 300 with this build and would be able to go deeper. I am using the Large Cluster Jewel on my passive tree, and tried switching to Grace but really missed the high regen from Vitality while exploring darkness areas in Delve so I switched back. I also found using boots with "Unaffected By Burning Ground" made the fire areas of Delve much safer.

I'm well on my way to saving enough divine orbs to buy a Mageblood; pretty good for a league starter build. Now that RF Jugg is in a really good place, I'll probably build one for my Delving, because I haven't done one of those before. Last month I began building my Poison Seismic Trap Sabo for uber killing, and got it up to level 94 before the nerfs got announced, so I will build some other uber killer later.

Thank you, fezz!
"
evilsofa wrote:
After having been gone for 20 leagues, I decided to play in Standard so I could have more than 1 league to learn about all the new mechanics - I had not even seen the 10 acts. I chose to use this build and its guide, and I'm glad I did!

Path of Building Commmunity shows that I do 3.2 million DPS. I clear Tier 16 maps easily. I was able to get the first two voidstones, but in three attempts was not able to get past the Shaper's final phase. I would probably have been able to just barely kill the Shaper with more practice, but I don't think I'd have been able to get the other two voidstones.

I found I enjoyed Delve most of all, and have been doing a lot of that. I have killed all three Delve bosses, depth 150 became very safe, and just today I reached depth 300 with this build and would be able to go deeper. I am using the Large Cluster Jewel on my passive tree, and tried switching to Grace but really missed the high regen from Vitality while exploring darkness areas in Delve so I switched back. I also found using boots with "Unaffected By Burning Ground" made the fire areas of Delve much safer.

I'm well on my way to saving enough divine orbs to buy a Mageblood; pretty good for a league starter build. Now that RF Jugg is in a really good place, I'll probably build one for my Delving, because I haven't done one of those before. Last month I began building my Poison Seismic Trap Sabo for uber killing, and got it up to level 94 before the nerfs got announced, so I will build some other uber killer later.

Thank you, fezz!

Hey mate, really awesome to read your story and I'm glad that the guide could provide something good for you ;) Have a good league start later!
Best guide I've ever seen, and I've been around for awhile.

Are you a technical writer? I wish people wrote guides like this at my company. It shames them.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Best guide I've ever seen, and I've been around for awhile.

Are you a technical writer? I wish people wrote guides like this at my company. It shames them.

Hey, thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it - especially because I'm not a native English speaker.

I'm not a technical writer, but I have an editorial background ;)
"
fezz8386 wrote:
I have an editorial background ;)

Yeah that shows :). Thanks for your work.
Last edited by tacco on Apr 7, 2023, 11:05:51 AM
"
tacco wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
I have an editorial background ;)

Yeah that shows :). Thanks for your work.

You're welcome ;)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 7, 2023, 11:50:56 AM
Hi Fezz

I'm feeling totally dumb here but please would you explain "While Fortified". Our ascendancy bonuses only apply "While Fortified". So where are we getting "Fortified" from?

Never Mind - I just found that we get Fortify from the Cruel Lab - My BAD!

I'm BACK :)
Last edited by Coldet on Apr 8, 2023, 5:53:38 PM
"
Coldet wrote:
Hi Fezz

I'm feeling totally dumb here but please would you explain "While Fortified". Our ascendancy bonuses only apply "While Fortified". So where are we getting "Fortified" from?

Never Mind - I just found that we get Fortify from the Cruel Lab - My BAD!

No problem ;) Best of luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info