[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
SeekerSeeks wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
It says ...

- Molten Shell - Level 16
- CWDT - Level 11

... which is correct.

Apologies, I didn't see that CWDT would increase the level threshold once it got higher in levels. You are indeed correct :)

Also, thank you for the guide. It's so much easier to jump into the game and learn while following it.

No problem at all and thank you for the positive feedback [if you want to do me a favor, recommend the guide - e.g. to friends or on reddit - if you see the opportunity to do so - I'd really appreciate it! ;)]

I have an additional question. If I'm currently running Quill Rain; should I go for crafting the Thicket Bow or stick with Quill Rain?
"
SeekerSeeks wrote:

I have an additional question. If I'm currently running Quill Rain; should I go for crafting the Thicket Bow or stick with Quill Rain?

If you are talking about the early endgame Thicket Bow, then stick with Quill Rain.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 14, 2023, 4:02:53 AM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
By the way, you are missing out on 44% increased damage on that Mastery cluster (small nodes)

Oh shoot, I didn't realize the 12% damage with Bows stacks with the 12% Damage with Bow skills on that node?? Is that how it works? So it's 24% incr damage per node (for our DoT)?

Yes, 24% increased damage per node.

I'm actually now pretty sure this isn't how it works; I believe the 12% Increased Damage with Bows only applies to the hit part of TR, and the DoT is only affected by the 12% Increased Damage Over Time with Bow Skills.

cf poewiki and also PoB seems to agree (taking the small nodes with both of the above 12% mods gives only slightly more damage than taking e.g. 10% Increased Damage over Time).
Last edited by lasagnaman on Apr 14, 2023, 8:04:15 PM
"
lasagnaman wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
By the way, you are missing out on 44% increased damage on that Mastery cluster (small nodes)

Oh shoot, I didn't realize the 12% damage with Bows stacks with the 12% Damage with Bow skills on that node?? Is that how it works? So it's 24% incr damage per node (for our DoT)?

Yes, 24% increased damage per node.

I'm actually now pretty sure this isn't how it works; I believe the 12% Increased Damage with Bows only applies to the hit part of TR, and the DoT is only affected by the 12% Increased Damage Over Time with Bow Skills.

cf poewiki and also PoB seems to agree (taking the small nodes with both of the above 12% mods gives only slightly more damage than taking e.g. 10% Increased Damage over Time).

Yes, you're right, my bad. Still, 12% DoT per small node ist still very good.
Not mine, but I thought you might want to see what a Crucible version of the Toxic Rain bow can look like:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/12md4u9/toxic_rain_bow/
Last edited by evilsofa on Apr 15, 2023, 8:12:07 AM
"
evilsofa wrote:
Not mine, but I thought you might want to see what a Crucible version of the Toxic Rain bow can look like:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/12md4u9/toxic_rain_bow/

Yep, I've seen that one. Pretty sick ;)
Hi Fezz, I am generally having a good time doing T16 maps as well as other content such as logbooks and blight, but I specifically have a lot of trouble with bosses (guardians/conquerors as well as e.g. nonquest eater and exarch). Specifically, I think I have trouble with

1. Flask uptime when I'm not clearing packs (e.g.. bosses)

When I run out of my utility flasks my survivability takes a big hit, and sometimes the Life flask also runs out and can't regain chargest fast enough

2. Damage uptime when I'm running around (and not casting TR)

For bosses that are a bit scarier and require more running/dodging, I find I am not applying TR enough, especially with the Focused Ballista Support. Maybe it would be better to use a diff support gem for bosses so I can just lay the totems and focus on dodging?

Also some additional questions:

3. I notice the endgame gear section does not have a section on flasks, I understand it is a little up to personal preference, but I would enjoy seeing what you recommend for a set of 5.

EDIT: I saw that you mention some flasks in the Endgame: Basics page, but it would be helpful to have it also on the Endgame: Items & Crafts page as a consolidated reference.

4. The endgame setup does not use Bloodrage or Vitality, is that correct? Is it just not worth the gem slot/passive points (for reservation efficiency) to run the extra aura (now with the Vitality mastery gone) for the additional DPS?
Last edited by lasagnaman on Apr 17, 2023, 3:30:55 PM
"
lasagnaman wrote:
Hi Fezz, I am generally having a good time doing T16 maps as well as other content such as logbooks and blight, but I specifically have a lot of trouble with bosses (guardians/conquerors as well as e.g. nonquest eater and exarch). Specifically, I think I have trouble with

1. Flask uptime when I'm not clearing packs (e.g.. bosses)

When I run out of my utility flasks my survivability takes a big hit, and sometimes the Life flask also runs out and can't regain chargest fast enough

2. Damage uptime when I'm running around (and not casting TR)

For bosses that are a bit scarier and require more running/dodging, I find I am not applying TR enough, especially with the Focused Ballista Support. Maybe it would be better to use a diff support gem for bosses so I can just lay the totems and focus on dodging?

Also some additional questions:

3. I notice the endgame gear section does not have a section on flasks, I understand it is a little up to personal preference, but I would enjoy seeing what you recommend for a set of 5.

EDIT: I saw that you mention some flasks in the Endgame: Basics page, but it would be helpful to have it also on the Endgame: Items & Crafts page as a consolidated reference.

4. The endgame setup does not use Bloodrage or Vitality, is that correct? Is it just not worth the gem slot/passive points (for reservation efficiency) to run the extra aura (now with the Vitality mastery gone) for the additional DPS?

Hey there, thank you for your feedback!

Regarding your questions:

1) The life flask recharge rate is already way higher than with most of other builds (expect Pathfinder) so there is little you can do here but managing them more efficiently. That being said, if life flask charges are a problem, you could use a second one instead of the Silver Flask.

2) You can use (Awakened) Void Manipulation instead. Culling Strike can also be an alternative. (I actually arelady considered changing the guide so these two are the first options since some other players struggled with Focussed Ballista Support as well - thanks for reminding me!)

3) Absolute valid feedback. Therefore, I have added flasks to the endgame ites & crafts section. (Thanks for the hint!)

4) Due to the changes in 3.21, there is a high chance that (new) players will struggle juggling the mana reservation part of the build which is the reason why I didn't include the Blood Rage X Vitality combo. If you can fit it in, Blood Rage is definetely a damage boost but for the sake of simplicity I decided to not include it.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 17, 2023, 6:20:17 PM
2) Doesn't Vicious Projectiles just offer more than Void Manip? 49% more vs 34% more?

EDIT: Ah I missed that VP has 10% Less Attack speed.... 1.49 * 0.9 = 1.34 so it's pretty similar, but VM has a better quality bonus (10% incr)

3) Wow, thanks to the new section I just learned that there are enchants you can craft on flasks..... (last played in Betrayal League)

4) Yeah, I will have to play around with it. I do have to path a bit out of my way to get the mana reservation mastery, which is blocking me from my 2nd medium cluster jewel. I guess I could swap off Vit/BR and just take the other cluster jewel which would compensate quite well for the DPS (and free up gem slots to boot). Possibly I might add it back after I get another 1-2 levels.

Thanks for the discussion!
Last edited by lasagnaman on Apr 17, 2023, 7:27:04 PM
Oh 1 more thing: do you know how to accurately compute DPS in PoB with this build? Where do I set wither stacks? And does it assume/count all the ballista are active and firing?

EDIT: I see you can set Wither stacks in the Configuration tab! Still not sure how to account for Mirage Archer/Ballistae though, toggling that one on/off doesn't seem to change the computed DPS

EDIT2: What I found that works is, in the skills tab, you set both TR gems to "contribute to total DPS". Then, you can set how many totems are active for the ballista TR, and the main skill TR will have the Mirage Archer added in for the total DPS too.
Last edited by lasagnaman on Apr 17, 2023, 11:49:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info