[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

So with 50% less damage, we really should not die at all, right? Apart from maybe chaos damage (which is not affected by spell suppression) and DoT damage?
I just want to say as someone new to POE, this guide is the absolute best. It explains EVERYTHING, it is so easy to follow and click through the instructions on the website. It is not like most beginner guides that all of sudden drop that you need certain uniques or need 80 chaos orbs at the endgame. Just so so amazing of a guide, I am going to pass it along to friends that want to try POE because it does the best job you could ever imagine of introducing someone new to the game. Tons of tips and tricks, reminders, and preparation for things you will experience in say the next act or upcoming to prepare for BEFORE you need it.
In Act 2, "Since this build uses a lot of auras, you will have a limited amount of mana available to spend for active skills. To counter this, you want to have a mana flask with a ‚Flask effect is not removed when Unreserved Mana is Filled‘ modifier. This modifier can be rolled on mana flasks with an itemlevel of 16 or higher"

This has now been nerfed with a 66% reduction in mana potion healing.

How do i bypass this issue or is this build not viable anymore? Grand mana potion just recovers 50+ mana now.
"
5ecured wrote:
So with 50% less damage, we really should not die at all, right? Apart from maybe chaos damage (which is not affected by spell suppression) and DoT damage?

Even with 50% less damage taken, you can still die ;) But this build has a strong defense, yes!
"
iLikeFPSgames wrote:
I just want to say as someone new to POE, this guide is the absolute best. It explains EVERYTHING, it is so easy to follow and click through the instructions on the website. It is not like most beginner guides that all of sudden drop that you need certain uniques or need 80 chaos orbs at the endgame. Just so so amazing of a guide, I am going to pass it along to friends that want to try POE because it does the best job you could ever imagine of introducing someone new to the game. Tons of tips and tricks, reminders, and preparation for things you will experience in say the next act or upcoming to prepare for BEFORE you need it.

I really appreaciate the feedback, thanks!
"
Foistforz wrote:
In Act 2, "Since this build uses a lot of auras, you will have a limited amount of mana available to spend for active skills. To counter this, you want to have a mana flask with a ‚Flask effect is not removed when Unreserved Mana is Filled‘ modifier. This modifier can be rolled on mana flasks with an itemlevel of 16 or higher"

How do i bypass this issue or is this build not viable anymore? Grand mana potion just recovers 50+ mana now.

This issue doesn't exist. The build is as viable as ever.
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Foistforz wrote:

Thanks for the reply. My Grand mana flask is only able to regen 58 mana with the 66% reduction, instead of the 170 mana its supposed to regen.

I have a total mana of 247 currently.

Isnt 58 too little to rely on? What do u mean by the issue doesnt exist.

Thanks for the guidance!
"
Foistforz wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Foistforz wrote:

Thanks for the reply. My Grand mana flask is only able to regen 58 mana with the 66% reduction, instead of the 170 mana its supposed to regen.

I have a total mana of 247 currently.

Isnt 58 too little to rely on? What do u mean by the issue doesnt exist.

Thanks for the guidance!

"This issue doesn't exist" means that you misunderstand how the mana flask works and that your mana regeneration (via flask) as well as total mana will be totally fine (given that you follow the instructions of the guide). The most important part is, that you read and follow these instructions regarding mana flasks.

TLDR: Follow the guide and you don't have to worry about mana at all.

Four questions

1. I see a build on poeninja where instead of using totems, he uses a bunch of 6L auras like purity of elements, clarity, vitality, haste, etc. Is this actually better than using totems like it says in the guide?

2. IIRC, poison stacks infinitely, so the more i shower an enemy with toxic rain, the more damage they take right? Because the poison stacks infinitely?

3. What is the correct playstyle? When fighting normal monsters/mapping, you dont need to use totems since all you do is spam toxic rain and they all die, right? So you ONLY use totems when fighting bosses, is this correct?

4. With Conqueror ascendancy, the totems will taunt, therefore enemies will do 20% less damage to us. However, won't we, the champion, taunt as well? Sure, the totems taunt, therefore enemies do less damage to us. But what if after the totems taunt is applied, we most likely will be spamming toxic rain which means we, the champion, will attack and taunt the enemy? At this point the -20% less damage doesnt apply to us anymore, but to the totems, correct? So we only have like a split second to gain this benefit before it is lost again?
Last edited by 5ecured on Mar 17, 2023, 5:18:25 AM
"
5ecured wrote:
Four questions

1. I see a build on poeninja where instead of using totems, he uses a bunch of 6L auras like purity of elements, clarity, vitality, haste, etc. Is this actually better than using totems like it says in the guide?

2. IIRC, poison stacks infinitely, so the more i shower an enemy with toxic rain, the more damage they take right? Because the poison stacks infinitely?

3. What is the correct playstyle? When fighting normal monsters/mapping, you dont need to use totems since all you do is spam toxic rain and they all die, right? So you ONLY use totems when fighting bosses, is this correct?

4. With Conqueror ascendancy, the totems will taunt, therefore enemies will do 20% less damage to us. However, won't we, the champion, taunt as well? Sure, the totems taunt, therefore enemies do less damage to us. But what if after the totems taunt is applied, we most likely will be spamming toxic rain which means we, the champion, will attack and taunt the enemy? At this point the -20% less damage doesnt apply to us anymore, but to the totems, correct? So we only have like a split second to gain this benefit before it is lost again?

1. I don't know the specific build you are talking about, but there are plenty of types of Toxic Rain builds.

2. Although one could think otherwise due to the name, Toxic Rain does not deal any posion damage whatsoever - at least not by default.

3. Self-cast Toxic Rain is enough for most of the content (given that you have decent gear). For additional extra damage, e.g. for bosses or strong rares, you can place totems.

4. Quote from the guide: "Did you know? The Ascendancy passive skill ‚Conqueror‘ provides the bonuses „100% chance to Taunt on Hit“, “10% reduced Damage taken if you’ve Taunted an Enemy Recently” and „Enemies Taunted by you deal 20% less Damage with Hits and Ailments against other targets“. While you might think that the damage reduction of the latter doesn’t apply to you (since you wouldn’t identify yourself as „other target“), it actually does. The reason: Totems inherit the characters 100% taunt chance and totems that taunt enemies will cause the champion (meaning you) to take 20% less damage. As a consequence, Conqueror provides 30% less Damage from Hits and Ailments in total."

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info