[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
Simo9999 wrote:
Hello, ancient poe casual gamer here. Basically re-learning the core game every couple of months since 1500hours..

THANK YOU for the guide!

I have a question about the early game/levelling: i understand that, at around lvl 20-25, i should use MANA FLASK with "Flask effect is not removed etc..."

Now, in my understanding, that bonus has been reworked, where the intended way to use it was to queue up many uses and then "forget" about mana, while now the bonus "Can't be queued" and also has a "66% reduced effect".

I am now with really low mana amount potions (so the rate of recovery is pretty slow), and also in need of using potion every 4.5 secs.

Is this still the best way to sustain our mana, or is there a better way?

Thanks for all your effort towards the community

Thanks ;)

Regarding the mana flask: You will have to use the flasks regularly at the beginning but you will pick nodes on the skill tree (later) which allow you to have better flask charges regeneration. At the endgame, you will almost be able to spam the flask 100% (if you want to do that).

PS: While leveling, you should try to get a new mana flask (higher level) once every 2-3 acts so the amount of mana you get from flasks increases.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 1, 2023, 9:32:14 AM
thank you immensely for this guide man, if it wasn't for you I would probably never truly got into the game! it's really, really good.

that being said, I'm having kind of a tough time with damage and survivability on t16 maps and bosses, but I don't have a lot of currency (around ~300c). what would you say would be good next steps for me?

thanks again man
"
Artauvd wrote:
thank you immensely for this guide man, if it wasn't for you I would probably never truly got into the game! it's really, really good.

that being said, I'm having kind of a tough time with damage and survivability on t16 maps and bosses, but I don't have a lot of currency (around ~300c). what would you say would be good next steps for me?

thanks again man

Hey, thanks!

On first sight, I could identify the following flaws / easy ways for improvement:

- Buy 21/20 gems for both your TR setups
- Your CWDT setup is wrong: You want to have CWDT level 11 (see here)
- Add 20% quality to your Awakened Vicious Projectiles gem (Awakened gems only are stronger than their lower versions if they have quality)
- Your current bow is not meant to be used with Empower (since it doesn't provide enough extra levels to support gems). Use Mirage Archer Support instead until you have your very endgame bow (see here), then replace Mirage Archer Support with Empower.
- You are missing Chaos Resistance. Try to get as much of it as possible while still remaining Elemental Resistance capped.
- Your amulet base is useless. Get a better one (see here).
- Get a Styvian base belt (see here)
- Both your Quicksilver Flask and Eternal Life Flask have anti-burning. That's not needed. One is enough. On top of that, you want a Divine Life Flask instead of an Eternal Life flask.
- Getting "Used When Charges Reach Full' on your Quicksilver Flask might be a good option for you as well.
- Take the Life Mastery node with "+50 to Maximum life" next to 'Herbalism' (if you want to have more survivability)
- Take the Rservation Mastery node with "8% icnreased Damage for each Herald or Aura Skill affecting you" next to 'Chrisma' (if you want more damage)
- Take the Flask Mastery node with "Remove a random Elementail Ailment if you use a Mana Flask" next to 'Profance Chemistry' (if you want to have more survivability)
- Do you need the small node above 'Finesse'? If not, you just gained a skill point ;)

All in all, pretty much each of your items can be improved by a lot so I recommend checking out the recommended endgame items here.

PS: The endgame item list provides trade links for different budgets for each item.

Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 11, 2023, 3:56:29 PM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Artauvd wrote:

thanks again man

Hey, thanks!

On first sight, I could identify the following flaws / easy ways for improvement:

- Add 20% quality to your Awakened Vicious Projectiles gem (Awakened gems only are stronger than their lower versions if they have quality)
- Your current bow is not meant to be used with Empower (since it doesn't provide enough extra levels to support gems). Use Mirage Archer Support instead until you have your very endgame bow (see here), then replace Mirage Archer Support with Empower.
- You are missing Chaos Resistance. Try to get as much of it as possible while still remaining Elemental Resistance capped.
- Both your Quicksilver Flask and Eternal Life Flask have anti-burning. That's not needed. One is enough. On top of that, you want a Divine Life Flask instead of an Eternal Life flask.
- Getting "Used When Charges Reach Full' on your Quicksilver Flask might be a good option for you as well.
- Take the Life Mastery node with "+50 to Maximum life" next to 'Herbalism' (if you want to have more survivability)
- Take the Rservation Mastery node with "8% icnreased Damage for each Herald or Aura Skill affecting you" next to 'Chrisma' (if you want more damage)
- Take the Flask Mastery node with "Remove a random Elementail Ailment if you use a Mana Flask" next to 'Profance Chemistry' (if you want to have more survivability)
- Do you need the small node above 'Finesse'? If not, you just gained a skill point ;)

All in all, pretty much each of your items can be improved by a lot so I recommend checking out the recommended endgame items here.

PS: The endgame item list provides trade links for different budgets for each item.

Thanks a lot man! Some of the things I already had realized, a lot of them I hadn't haha. I'll adjust accordingly!

About the small node above Finesse, glad you mentioned that. I'm using that one because even with +14% reservation on my helmet, I still don't have enough mana to use grace. Is that normal?
Last edited by Artauvd on Feb 12, 2023, 7:31:30 AM
"
Artauvd wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Artauvd wrote:

thanks again man

Hey, thanks!

Thanks a lot man! Some of the things I already had realized, a lot of them I hadn't haha. I'll adjust accordingly!

About the small node above Finesse, glad you mentioned that. I'm using that one because even with +14% reservation on my helmet, I still don't have enough mana to use grace. Is that normal?

If I check you profile you now have 45 Unreserved Mana which is totally enough to cast all skills with Grace activated, or?

I also see that you managed to get some Spell Suppression Chance on your Body Armour. As a result, you now have 123% Spell Suppression, but you only need 100%. Therefore, you can re-invest a skill point which gives you Spell Suppression (e.g. the Mastery node next to Inveterate).

Last but not least: You currently are uncapped for Cold Resistance. You want to change that.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 12, 2023, 2:07:41 PM
Hi Fezz

I am back, since im looking for a guide that teaches me many things such as crafting, not just a guide that provides a pob and thats it

I want to know, since I think 3.21 is coming soon, is it worth starting this build now?

And with toxic rain i know it was nerfed a few patches ago. Is it still ok to do endgame content?
"
5ecured wrote:
Hi Fezz

I am back, since im looking for a guide that teaches me many things such as crafting, not just a guide that provides a pob and thats it

I want to know, since I think 3.21 is coming soon, is it worth starting this build now?

And with toxic rain i know it was nerfed a few patches ago. Is it still ok to do endgame content?

If you want to play the Sanctum league, it's absolutely worth it.

Toxic Rain was nerfed, but it is still one of the strongest starter.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 26, 2023, 3:04:30 AM
Thanks fezz

Just realized that Conqueror gives 10% reduced damage if you have taunted an enemy. With 100% chance to taunt, that is easy. So combined with fortify, in total we have 30% reduced damage

However, I also remember reading somewhere (maybe in this guide, someone posted a comment somewhere) that the "Enemies taunted by you deal 20% less damage with hits and ailments against other targets" actually apply to your totems. Could you confirm this fezz? I mean I guess it says "enemies taunted by YOU", not totems right?

Because if it is applicable to totems, does that mean we have 50% reduced damage? that is insane if true
"
5ecured wrote:
Thanks fezz

Just realized that Conqueror gives 10% reduced damage if you have taunted an enemy. With 100% chance to taunt, that is easy. So combined with fortify, in total we have 30% reduced damage

However, I also remember reading somewhere (maybe in this guide, someone posted a comment somewhere) that the "Enemies taunted by you deal 20% less damage with hits and ailments against other targets" actually apply to your totems. Could you confirm this fezz? I mean I guess it says "enemies taunted by YOU", not totems right?

Because if it is applicable to totems, does that mean we have 50% reduced damage? that is insane if true

I can confirm (which is why Champion is very popular in HC leagues).

Quote from the guide: "Did you know? The Ascendancy passive skill ‚Conqueror‘ provides the bonuses „100% chance to Taunt on Hit“, “10% reduced Damage taken if you’ve Taunted an Enemy Recently” and „Enemies Taunted by you deal 20% less Damage with Hits and Ailments against other targets“. While you might think that the damage reduction of the latter doesn’t apply to you (since you wouldn’t identify yourself as „other target“), it actually does. The reason: Totems inherit the characters 100% taunt chance and totems that taunt enemies will cause the champion (meaning you) to take 20% less damage. As a consequence, Conqueror provides 30% less Damage from Hits and Ailments in total."

Cheers
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
5ecured wrote:
Thanks fezz

I can confirm (which is why Champion is very popular in HC leagues).

Quote from the guide: "Did you know? The Ascendancy passive skill ‚Conqueror‘ provides the bonuses „100% chance to Taunt on Hit“, “10% reduced Damage taken if you’ve Taunted an Enemy Recently” and „Enemies Taunted by you deal 20% less Damage with Hits and Ailments against other targets“. While you might think that the damage reduction of the latter doesn’t apply to you (since you wouldn’t identify yourself as „other target“), it actually does. The reason: Totems inherit the characters 100% taunt chance and totems that taunt enemies will cause the champion (meaning you) to take 20% less damage. As a consequence, Conqueror provides 30% less Damage from Hits and Ailments in total."

Cheers

Ah i knew it, so it was from the guide!

Wow, so the grand total, combined with fortify, is 50% less damage from hits? This sounds unreal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info