[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
eidolon75 wrote:
I am sure you get these often but I wanted to thank you for your stellar PoE beginner guide. With its help I finally got anywhere in this game. Just transitioning into early endgame and doing my first maps ever.
Honestly they should pay people like you for getting people like me into PoE because without you I'd had moved on by now.

Thanks for the feedback, great to see that the guide helped you
"
evilsofa wrote:
I am nowhere near the point of switching to Grace (I'm up to level 7 mapping now and very happy with this build and its guide) but I have a couple of questions about it:

Quality on the Grace gem gives 0-40% Increased Area of Effect; I am assuming, perhaps mistakenly, that this will apply to Toxic Rain. If so, since this increases by 2% for each quality, you wouldn't be able to hit the 39% sweet spot with this directly so you'd still need to get the odd number from an item, but perhaps do 10% quality on the Grace gem and get back a skill point to spend elsewhere?

The official POE Wiki for Toxic Rain states after mentioning the 39% sweet spot: "This, however, is not the best setup for single target. The best setup needs Anomalous Concentrated Effect Support and a source of +1 arrow." Can this be a thing for this build?

Hey!

Quality on aura gems only affect the area of effect of the specific aura itself. As a result, this is only relevant if you play in group (or in very very very rare cases with minions). For solo-play, quality on aura gems does nothing.

In terms of Toxic Rain in combination with Concentrated Effect and +1 arrow: I wouldn't bother. This is super super minmax. If you've completed all tasks of the guide AND if you want to farm Pinnacle Bosses, then go for it. But for everything else, I wouldn't recommended bothering with it.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Jan 3, 2023, 4:57:35 AM
are defiance banner along with increased duration sup and molten shell not worth to exp to gain 20% quality?
"
M0f0 wrote:
are defiance banner along with increased duration sup and molten shell not worth to exp to gain 20% quality?

Yes, they are. Go for it.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Jan 11, 2023, 2:32:42 AM
While TR Champ still feels good, I'm not good enough to beat the real endgame,
I have combined some approaches like Asenath's Mark and Null and Void that feel ok, but I would need some help to triple my dmg and get to 100 spell suppression at the same time....
any help would be appreciated

Could invest 50 Divines

https://pastebin.com/U2KXwbdE
"
Rockelgato wrote:
I have combined some approaches like Asenath's Mark and Null and Void that feel ok, but I would need some help to triple my dmg and get to 100 spell suppression at the same time....

Could invest 50 Divines

Pretty much just make sure to have all the items listed here. This should almost double your damage while having 100% spell suppression + Grace.
Fezz,

Last I posted in this league was Sentinel. Skipped Kalandra and back now in this league.

I don't enjoy Sanctum that much tbh. I think some of the afflictions were/are ridiculous, and actually quite difficult to overcome for a new player like myself. I'd rather map and farm and learn the core game. So I'm just focusing on the build and trying to get the most out of it that I can in the way of currency for next league.

Currently: Level 88 (89 by time you read this likely). Waiting for Empowering Support to drop. (Just bought it for 30c - my first trade in PoE ever. Did I get ripped off?) At that awkward stage as well on the skill tree where I'm transitioning to the cluster jewel. I need a couple more skill points before I can allocate that node, but the XP sinks per level are exponential.

Made a lot of crafting mistakes at first as well. Still slowly beginning to figuring out what's worth holding onto and what's not. Overall, I'm loving the build. I know it's not meta or uber dps build - but I am a very casual gamer with just enough saavy to read the instructions and put my own spin on it to enjoy the game. It fits me perfectly fine.

Very fun too :) The only thing I would say is that I do need help to find some ways to increase my damage with no skill points and a relatively low amount of currency. It's a pain when I run into monsters with wither/chaos resist. I have also run into monsters/packs (mostly rares) this league that I'm just flat-out not able to damage/kill -even if I use despair, withering step, or a silver flask. I don't know why lol. I also need to get some resistances (namely:spell) and corrupted blood immunity. Any ideas/tips on what I should focus on?

EDIT:
Reading the guide, I still have plenty do to scale dmg and def. Which is great for me bc that just means there's plenty of life in it. I'm going to play it again next league. Thanks again!
Last edited by a_poitato on Jan 25, 2023, 10:37:06 PM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Rockelgato wrote:

Could invest 50 Divines

Pretty much just make sure to have all the items listed here. This should almost double your damage while having 100% spell suppression + Grace.

invested 20 div and nearly doubled the dmg and got suppress 100,
dropped some evade and grace blocks to much mana but i can still use that in the vaal option, same for haste - bloodrage consumes to much life for me, still using leech in addition,

could drop the belt if i ever get a hh but in the meantime onslaught needs to be enough - still using null and void since i can keep up 1000 rampage in blight

migration improved survive a bit - also dropped the mana flask which i dont need any longer

overall an improvement

while i'm still feeling stupid since i played the game for such a long time and still don't get it i wanna thank you
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
"
Rockelgato wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Rockelgato wrote:

Could invest 50 Divines

invested 20 div and nearly doubled the dmg and got suppress 100,
dropped some evade and grace blocks to much mana but i can still use that in the vaal option, same for haste - bloodrage consumes to much life for me, still using leech in addition,

could drop the belt if i ever get a hh but in the meantime onslaught needs to be enough - still using null and void since i can keep up 1000 rampage in blight

migration improved survive a bit - also dropped the mana flask which i dont need any longer

overall an improvement

while i'm still feeling stupid since i played the game for such a long time and still don't get it i wanna thank you
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

No problem, I appreciate it ;)
Hello, ancient poe casual gamer here. Basically re-learning the core game every couple of months since 1500hours..

THANK YOU for the guide!

I have a question about the early game/levelling: i understand that, at around lvl 20-25, i should use MANA FLASK with "Flask effect is not removed etc..."

Now, in my understanding, that bonus has been reworked, where the intended way to use it was to queue up many uses and then "forget" about mana, while now the bonus "Can't be queued" and also has a "66% reduced effect".

I am now with really low mana amount potions (so the rate of recovery is pretty slow), and also in need of using potion every 4.5 secs.

Is this still the best way to sustain our mana, or is there a better way?

Thanks for all your effort towards the community

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info