[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

This is amazing. Honestly, thank you so much for putting this guide together. Exactly the type of guide I was looking for since I am coming back after a bit of a break.
"
Dommer wrote:
This is amazing. Honestly, thank you so much for putting this guide together. Exactly the type of guide I was looking for since I am coming back after a bit of a break.

Great to hear that. I appreciate the feedback ;)
Is your endgame lootfilter will hide expensive items, like jewels, uniques, etc? and is there an updated version of it for this league?
Last edited by kunnka on Dec 17, 2022, 7:02:01 AM
I'm using this build guide after being away for 20 leagues, and this has been very helpful for getting me back in the groove and figuring out all of the new league mechanics. Thank you!

In your build guide, under "Milestones" in the "Unlock important endgame crafts by unveiling Betrayal items" section, you state "The three crafts you're looking for are" but then you only list two. Is there a third one?
"
kunnka wrote:
Is your endgame lootfilter will hide expensive items, like jewels, uniques, etc? and is there an updated version of it for this league?

The SSF endgame lootfilter does only hide non-relevant rares. Valuable Unqiues etc. will still pop up. The loot filter is updated to 3.20.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Dec 19, 2022, 2:40:21 AM
"
evilsofa wrote:
I'm using this build guide after being away for 20 leagues, and this has been very helpful for getting me back in the groove and figuring out all of the new league mechanics. Thank you!

In your build guide, under "Milestones" in the "Unlock important endgame crafts by unveiling Betrayal items" section, you state "The three crafts you're looking for are" but then you only list two. Is there a third one?

That's just a mistake on my side. There are only two relevant crafts now (it were 3 in 3.18 when "Gain 10% of Maximum life as Maximum Energy Shield" still existed) - fixed it
Hi I've enjoyed this build so far just getting into red maps and feeling low in dps. Any suggestions?
"
RubinKazan wrote:
Hi I've enjoyed this build so far just getting into red maps and feeling low in dps. Any suggestions?

- You are currently using your 6-link for your secondary skill (Toxic Rain Totems), but you want to use that 6-link for your primary skill (Toxic Rain self-cast)

- You are currently level 78. That's an inappropiate level for red maps. Level to 85-90.

- Your Malevolence aura is pretty low. Increase it. If you need Intelligence to do so, get an amulet with Intelligence, for example.

- You are neither using Despair nor are you using a Curse on Hit ring. You want to have at least one of these two options. Read this to check the endgame setup your are supposed to have.

- Get Cluster Jewels. Read this to understand which ones you are looking for.

- Understand how you increase your damage by reading this.

- By the way: Your CWDT setup is wrong. Read this to fix it.

- By the way: You can take out your Onslaught support. It provides basically nothing.

All in all, I recommend reading the guide more carefully. The infornation you are looking for is already there. You just have to take your time to actually read it.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Dec 21, 2022, 6:53:32 AM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
RubinKazan wrote:

- You are currently using your 6-link for your secondary skill (Toxic Rain Totems), but you want to use that 6-link for your primary skill (Toxic Rain self-cast)

- You are currently level 78. That's an inappropiate level for red maps. Level to 85-90.

- Your Malevolence aura is pretty low. Increase it. If you need Intelligence to do so, get an amulet with Intelligence, for example.

- You are neither using Despair nor are you using a Curse on Hit ring. You want to have at least one of these two options. Read this to check the endgame setup your are supposed to have.

- By the way: You can take out your Onslaught support. It provides basically nothing.

All in all, I recommend reading the guide more carefully. The information you are looking for is already there. You just have to take your time to actually read it.

Thank you for taking your time to reply. I appreciate the comprehensive answer. I managed to pickup the bow for quite cheap, think it was 10c and it has the right colours for the secondary skill setup.

I shall read over the parts you specifically linked again, I think I tried to rush to get into red maps...which makes me ask why wait to 85-90? and what do I do in the meantime? I can generally clear the red maps fine with aoe although single target is lacking. I will make those changes you mentioned above and report back.

Again, thanks for the diagnosis :-)

"
RubinKazan wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
RubinKazan wrote:

All in all, I recommend reading the guide more carefully. The information you are looking for is already there. You just have to take your time to actually read it.

Thank you for taking your time to reply. I appreciate the comprehensive answer. I managed to pickup the bow for quite cheap, think it was 10c and it has the right colours for the secondary skill setup.

I shall read over the parts you specifically linked again, I think I tried to rush to get into red maps...which makes me ask why wait to 85-90? and what do I do in the meantime? I can generally clear the red maps fine with aoe although single target is lacking. I will make those changes you mentioned above and report back.

Again, thanks for the diagnosis :-)

- More levels = more skill points = more opportunities to invest into damage nodes (eventually)
- More levels = more time spent in maps = more useful gear (eventually)
- More levels = more time spent in maps = more useful currency (eventually)

In general, you should play the content you can comfortably clear easily until you get better items. You pretty much don't have any single endgame item yet, so you have a lot of room for improvements (e.g. gem level, gem quality, curse on hit ring, 6-links, cluster jewels, etc.)

That being said: Play the maps you can easily clear/kill and proceed from there.

Last edited by fezz8386 on Dec 21, 2022, 9:28:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info