[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
Hannal_chaal wrote:
Is there a reason to wait till level 33 for swapping to Toxic rain over shattering steel? Especially since you recommend grabbing the gems at level 24 and they become available as early as level 12.

The reason why you swap to Toxic Rain at level 33 and not earlier is because if you start as a Champion, you will have access to skill points which scale well with Toxic Rain damage pretty late (around level 33). On top of that, the Steel skills provide way more damage at the earlier stages of the game. Furthermore, you are able to farm The Docks right before/when you hit level 33 to ensure you comfortably get your full Toxic Rain 3-link or 4-link setup.

The fact that I recommend buying Toxic Rain and the other main setup gems at level 24 and not earlier is to avoid that new players suffer from not having enough Orbs of Transmuations (to buy other necessary items or roll flasks or what not). At level 24, the chances are high, they won't have that problem anymore since they will use other currency to buy/craft stuff.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Dec 5, 2022, 9:28:38 AM
Hey, thanks for the detailed guide. What are you thoughts on different versions of the build - champion, raider/pathfinder, trickster?

I played TR in the past and loved the play style. I wanna play this build again but focus more on uber bosses. What do you think will be the best variation of the build for that purpose?
"
mDrama wrote:
Hey, thanks for the detailed guide. What are you thoughts on different versions of the build - champion, raider/pathfinder, trickster?

I played TR in the past and loved the play style. I wanna play this build again but focus more on uber bosses. What do you think will be the best variation of the build for that purpose?

Hey, Champion is the tankiest version (which is why it's best suited for new players. in my opinion). Pathfinder/Raider have a bit more clear speed. I don't know about Trickster.

In terms of Uber bosses I recommend .. none of the 4 choices :D Toxic Rain is a superb League Starter but if you want to do super late endgame stuff, the build falls off due to the lack of damage scaling. Even with high investment you get only like 4-6M DPS. If you are super experienced, then this might not be a problem, but Uber boss fights will take forever and will be a pain in the ass. If you want to play Uber bosses your go-to builds are Poison Seismic Trap Sabo, Cold DoT Trickster, Boneshatter Slayer, Explosive Trap Inquis/Sabo, Detonate Dead Necro or Explosive Arrow Champ.

I don't say you can't do it with Toxic Rain, but all other mentioned skills have way higher damage peaks with the same or even less investment.
This is sad. I played explosive arrow last league and it really felt amazing in boss fights. But mapping with it was just meh... Same goes for traps (at least for me).
Alright, thanks for your answer.
I see you posted Maloney's mechanism but I dont see what gems you are linking to it. Can you explain what gems you put in it?
"
Thebigpp wrote:
I see you posted Maloney's mechanism but I dont see what gems you are linking to it. Can you explain what gems you put in it?

Where did you look at (so I can fix that)?

It's stated just right there if you click on the respective part here.

To quote that part:

"You want to put in the following active gem into this item:

- (G) Caustic Arrow

You want to put in the following support gems into this item, depending on socket colors available and depending on what you want to focus on:

- (G) Culling Strike Support
- (G) Greater Multiple Projectiles Support for mapping
- (G) Vicious Projectiles Support for bossing
- (B) Efficacy Support

Last edited by fezz8386 on Dec 8, 2022, 6:12:05 PM
About the site with this build:
1) Finding PoB for this build was pretty hard. No "passive tree" or "pob" in the main links of "overview" or anywhere else.
2) No gameplay video...
3) "Resources & Tools" link is broken on "overview" page.
Hi. I try this build and have a problem to kill Oak. They hp regen is insain. Any idea how to kill him?
"
Bl1nk1987 wrote:
Hi. I try this build and have a problem to kill Oak. They hp regen is insain. Any idea how to kill him?

It was great to see on stream that you managed to kill him by yourself. It's all about progress ;)
"
Razunter wrote:
About the site with this build:
1) Finding PoB for this build was pretty hard. No "passive tree" or "pob" in the main links of "overview" or anywhere else.
2) No gameplay video...
3) "Resources & Tools" link is broken on "overview" page.

Thanks for the feedback, will take it into consideration. 3) is already fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info