[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
5ecured wrote:
Fezz, remember the guy who said he has 20 million dps? Is this even possible? I would love to see his pob but he has not responded

I assume he plays Standard League and has unlimited access to several crazy items. But I also think that it's not super unreasonable to get 20 million dps. That being said, I don't think it's reasonable to invest much currency into this build unless you have the time of your life playing it - because you most likely will achieve way higher numbers with the same investment (or even lower) with other builds.

BTW: Here is a PoB of a 13M DPS TRC build (but I can't confirm it's valid since I didn't play it myself)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Oct 23, 2022, 3:11:42 AM
I am the guy with 20M DPS. Yes it's possible and tbh it can get better because I could certainly use a level 5 awakened empower which would be better than my lvl 4 empower gem.

Here is my PoB and I have posted it previously.

https://pastebin.com/RCbddQFe

I think I changed something recently. My DPS seems to be 19.7M now. Cant remember. I'm lvl 97. At 98 I can get another jewel socket and farm three grand spectrums see if that's an improvement.

I absolutely love this build. This is by far my best character and one look at my account will show you I usually take a witch or at least a spellcasting build.

I have done all content except uber bosses which I haven't even tried. Maybe I will at 98.

My version of this build revolves around eldritch battery from my unique helm which allows me to completely stop worrying about mana issues as my MP pool is actually my rapidly regenerating little bit of energy shield.

I'm currently playing this on standard in preference to partaking in the god awful league.
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
5ecured wrote:
Fezz, remember the guy who said he has 20 million dps? Is this even possible? I would love to see his pob but he has not responded

I assume he plays Standard League and has unlimited access to several crazy items. But I also think that it's not super unreasonable to get 20 million dps. That being said, I don't think it's reasonable to invest much currency into this build unless you have the time of your life playing it - because you most likely will achieve way higher numbers with the same investment (or even lower) with other builds.

BTW: Here is a PoB of a 13M DPS TRC build (but I can't confirm it's valid since I didn't play it myself)

I am playing on standard but I have no access to crazy items, in fact the only item on my build you can't get anymore is an old cinderswallow flask that allows leech of hp/mp/es. I think new ones only get one leech, but I only use it because I have one. I wear a queen of the forest which isn't even double corrupted, in fact i corrupted it with a beast for 30% quality, and a wotsit helm from mastermind. Every single other item on my build is self crafted. I have a +2 ammy, a pretty tasty stygian vise, a typical deterministic crafted bow (t2 i got), well see for yourself. Nothing is perfect except maybe the belt which is pretty tasty. Nothing is really worth mirrors. I spent somewhere around 50 ex to be at the point I am at now gear-wise. I've never been rich. I've never had even a mirror shard let alone a full mirror. I had maybe 100 ex from previous leagues combined languishing on standard and I still have around 50 left. I crafted my gear before the ex to divine changes.
Lol that PoB you posted in me lol.

My TR does 13m, my mirage archer adds another 5, rest from totems for a full dps now of 19.7. I remember i changed my belt's abyss jewel which is why I've gone under 20m full dps.

"
Thayaric wrote:
Lol that PoB you posted in me lol.

My TR does 13m, my mirage archer adds another 5, rest from totems for a full dps now of 19.7. I remember i changed my belt's abyss jewel which is why I've gone under 20m full dps.

After checking your PoB with a closer look, I realized that your configuration is off which is why your damage is so high. Most of the wrong configuration (like having 'Do you use Power Charges?' activated despite the fact that you don't have any source of getting Power Charges isn't that impactful), BUT your biggest configuration error is that you didn't set 'Is the enemy boss?" properly. Here, you HAVE TO pick Guardian/Pinnacles Bosses, otherwise the damage numbers are just straight up misleading (because that's the default benchmark). Nevertheless, with a cleaned up PoB you would still do 9.7M DPS which is quite good (but not 13! or 20M!) - and with optimal setup you would have 10M+ DPS.

(Somewhat) cleaned PoB: https://pastebin.com/WaDaJwxZ

"
Thayaric wrote:

my mirage archer adds another 5

That's not how it works. PoB already includes Mirage Archer when calculating Full DPS so you can't just add it to your damage.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Oct 27, 2022, 4:25:44 PM
I think my config got a little screwed when I was looking at grand spectrums and I forgot about it. I make it about 10.6M full dps on a guardian/pinnacle boss and it certainly feels like it. I'm toying with the idea of switching glove implicit to atk speed rather than the 12% chaos dot multi. Atk speed feels a little low unless im focussed which is only half the time in a juicy map or at a boss, or not at all if im just alc and going.
Very respectable damage and a great build. If im concentrating it's virtually immortal. My last three deaths have all been to those annoying heralding minions popping up and simply not seeing them until it was too late.
I've even got better at doing legions with it. I can wake all of one side and probably two thirds of the second side.
I'm really hoping 3.20 doesn't break anything. A lot of time and love has gone into my TRC.
I really enjoy this build, and I've been playing for a while. Your guide is very in depth and very well put together.

My main question is:
You state multiple times that the skill tree path is more defensive, and there are options to flex the tree to a more offensive path later in the guide, but I've not been able to find those options in the guide. Where are they located, or what changes would you make for a more experienced PoE player looking to push more offensively in the skill tree?
"
psi_j0kerr wrote:
I really enjoy this build, and I've been playing for a while. Your guide is very in depth and very well put together.

My main question is:
You state multiple times that the skill tree path is more defensive, and there are options to flex the tree to a more offensive path later in the guide, but I've not been able to find those options in the guide. Where are they located, or what changes would you make for a more experienced PoE player looking to push more offensively in the skill tree?

Thanks!

Regarding your question: I didn't include explicit skill tree paths in order to focus more on damage than on defense (because I don't think it's reasonable for this build and the current state of the game). My choice of words might not be the best when it comes to that specific part you mentioned, but for me, the part where I give you "options" to go for more damage is when I explain how the build - especially the part where I explain how to scale damage - functions.

To give you an idea, let me quote the mods that benefit your Toxic Rain damage:

- +#% Chaos Damage Over Time Multiplier
- +#% Chaos Damage Over Time
- +#% Chaos Damage Over Time With Attack Skills (quivers only)
- +#% Damage Over Time
- +#% Chaos Damage
- +#% increased Damage
- +#% increased Area Damage
- +#% increased Attack Speed with Bows
- +#% increased Attack Speed
- +#% increased Attack and Cast Speed

As a consequence, the following skill tree nodes might be of interest:

- Atropy + Chaos Mastery
- Deadly Draw
- Heavy Draw
- Farsight
- Growth and Decay
- Master Fletcher
- Acuity

But in principle I would not advise you to use these nodes. The ratio of damage gain and survivability loss is simply too high and therefore not worth it in my opinion. The current state of the game simply requires too many defensive levels from a build to be happy with it - at least in my opinion.

Last edited by fezz8386 on Oct 29, 2022, 7:40:49 AM
Could someone please help out on best choice of bow for me? I am playing in SSF standard and have the following 6 link bows available:

Is one of these clearly better than the others?

I could craft +2 support gems on the last one, is it worth it?
"
Royella wrote:
Could someone please help out on best choice of bow for me? I am playing in SSF standard and have the following 6 link bows available:

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Is one of these clearly better than the others?

I could craft +2 support gems on the last one, is it worth it?

You will get the most detailed answer to your question if you compare these 3 bow with each other by importing them to PoB.

If you can't or don't want to do that, I would use the Miracle Barrage Short Bow (2nd one) and use one of the Thicket Bow bases to craft your very endgame bow using these instructions (as long as one of them has itemlevel 82+).
Last edited by fezz8386 on Nov 1, 2022, 3:35:02 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info