[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
5ecured wrote:
Two questions:

1. How does one use withering step? It gives a nice buff, elusive and phasing. It even gives the withered debuff to anyone who enters your circle. But....using any skill removes this buff. This seems counter intuitive, so what are you supposed to do? Use withering step and ensure I dont use any other skill after that? But how can I deal damage?

2. I see that using a TR totem is very common. How do you use this? Just spam totems? During boss fights only or everywhere you go, similar to spamming toxic rain itself?

1. If you have enough mana and your CWDT setup, you can auto-use Withering Step on left click. If you want/have to manually cast it, you use it for bosses or occasionally on big groups, if you a nearby them so the wither stacks immediately apply. That's it. It's all about having the circle around you for like 0,1 second (to apply the stacks) - not more.

2. Depends on how much damage you do. If you have decent gear, you only need totems for bosses since they do additional damage and apply Wither stacks which increase the damage of your active TR. From a mechanical point of view, totems just spam Toxic Rain like you do (until they die).

Quote from the guide: "Your main skill is (G) Toxic Rain which is a bow attack skill where you fire multiple arrows in the air which land and drop spore pods, dealing chaos damage over time and slowing enemy movement speed for their duration. The spore pods explode after a delay, dealing chaos damage. Additionally, you use (G) Toxic Rain in combination with (R) Ballista Totem Support as your secondary skill which basically functions the same way – additionally, the totems apply Wither to enemies [due to being linked to (G) Withering Touch Support] which increases their chaos damage taken and lowers their movement speed."
Last edited by fezz8386 on Oct 6, 2022, 6:02:19 PM
Does projectile damage affect our chaos DoT damage? I ask because in the PoB I see that you invest quite a lot of points into projectile damage

Also, I have -20% damage taken from perma fortify, and -10% damage taken from conqueror ascendancy point, so basically in total i have -30% damage taken? And since this is "damage" i assume its all types of damage - physical/elemental/chaos?
Last edited by 5ecured on Oct 9, 2022, 11:00:53 PM
"
5ecured wrote:
Does projectile damage affect our chaos DoT damage? I ask because in the PoB I see that you invest quite a lot of points into projectile damage

Also, I have -20% damage taken from perma fortify, and -10% damage taken from conqueror ascendancy point, so basically in total i have -30% damage taken? And since this is "damage" i assume its all types of damage - physical/elemental/chaos?

Yes, yes and yes ;)
Thanks for the guide I really wouldn't have been able to get half this far without one.
I just beat the Searing Exarch for the first time.
Now arrived at a point where I'm putting all my currency into gear upgrades but Im not sure if I should keep playing this build or make a new one.
How far is recommended I go with this build?
I feel like (maybe im wrong) to do some late game content I need a different build like it's not fast enough for Legion encounters.
"
Shoryuken69 wrote:
Thanks for the guide I really wouldn't have been able to get half this far without one.
I just beat the Searing Exarch for the first time.
Now arrived at a point where I'm putting all my currency into gear upgrades but Im not sure if I should keep playing this build or make a new one.
How far is recommended I go with this build?
I feel like (maybe im wrong) to do some late game content I need a different build like it's not fast enough for Legion encounters.

Depends on what you want to do. You CAN do all bosses, but Uber bosses with decent gear. But there are mechanics that the build struggles with or rather: There are builds that deal with specific mechanics better. You can find an overview here - Legion in particular isn't quite the best mechanic to do with this build (but unless you want to do the challenge, Legion isn't that good anyway).
Last edited by fezz8386 on Oct 10, 2022, 9:46:05 AM
"
Thayaric wrote:
My TR champ does 20 mill dps. That's enough for anyone surely. It's also close to immortal as long as I'm not half asleep or trying to learn stupid boss mechanics. There's still some improvements I can make. A fully levelled awakened empower should give me a boost, but i think 20M dps is pretty good for a TR champion.

Would you be able to share your pob? I am curious to see how a TR champ can deal 20 mill dps

fezz, 2 questions for you:

1. I see that a thicket bow seems to be the choice of bow. May i ask why? Also maraketh bow seems popular
2. how do you solve mana issues? I already have a "non-channeling skills have -7 to mana cost", but still needing to use mana flask
Last edited by 5ecured on Oct 17, 2022, 7:23:54 AM
When I get my first 6L do i first to a 6l self cast toxic rain or the totem setup
"
5ecured wrote:
"
Thayaric wrote:
My TR champ does 20 mill dps. That's enough for anyone surely. It's also close to immortal as long as I'm not half asleep or trying to learn stupid boss mechanics. There's still some improvements I can make. A fully levelled awakened empower should give me a boost, but i think 20M dps is pretty good for a TR champion.

Would you be able to share your pob? I am curious to see how a TR champ can deal 20 mill dps

fezz, 2 questions for you:

1. I see that a thicket bow seems to be the choice of bow. May i ask why? Also maraketh bow seems popular
2. how do you solve mana issues? I already have a "non-channeling skills have -7 to mana cost", but still needing to use mana flask

1. The Thicket Bow base provides the best base since it has the highest base Attack Speed (1.5 Attacks per Second). [Note on this: The Short Bow provides the same base Attack Speed but it's not possible to roll a few mods on it on lower item levels (I actually don't know which one from the top of my head, but there is at least one very important one)]

2. If you follow the build guide, there's absolutely no chance you will have mana issues. That being said: You have to use a Mana Flask, specifically an Enduring Mana Flask. The mod you crafted might help you, but normally, it's not necessary since you will always have mana flask charges.

There are ways to make the use of a Mana Flask not necessary anymore, but since this is only possible with specific items, I don't include this in my guide. If you want to learn more about this, check out this video.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Oct 17, 2022, 7:34:08 PM
"
gingermanx wrote:
When I get my first 6L do i first to a 6l self cast toxic rain or the totem setup

Self cast Toxic Rain (primary skill) > totem setup (secondary skill)
Fezz, remember the guy who said he has 20 million dps? Is this even possible? I would love to see his pob but he has not responded

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info