[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

thx, is it equal to lvl20 despair gem? or even better with the increased effect? is it wise to use poachers mark instead to get some attack/speed modifiers?
"
M0f0 wrote:
thx, is it equal to lvl20 despair gem? or even better with the increased effect? is it wise to use poachers mark instead to get some attack/speed modifiers?

The curse effect on the ring is equal to a level 1 despair gem, but the damage increase of using a level 20 despair gem is only around +6.4%. As a consequence it's recommended to use the curse on hit ring since you apply the curse automatically AND you gain a gem slot.

Poacher's Mark isn't a good option. The only useful effect it provides is the chance to get Frenzy Charges which a) you might get via Blood Rage anyway and b) do not provide as much damage (through attack speed) as despair. BY THE WAY: The physical damage mods Poacher's Mark provides does not increase the damage of the build by any means since this build focuses on the DoT damage of Toxic Rain (and not the physicial damage it does if it hits an enemy - that's a very important difference!)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Sep 27, 2022, 5:06:18 PM
thx for reply, I was thinking about casting poachers from time to time to keep 3 frenzy charges up, since I get frenzy charge every 15 sec from exarch craft, just for the extra attack speed.

Another one, does the 10% increased aoe from +1 to lvl socketed aoe gems apply to TR gem too? So should I keep my TR gem at 18% Q?
"
M0f0 wrote:
thx for reply, I was thinking about casting poachers from time to time to keep 3 frenzy charges up, since I get frenzy charge every 15 sec from exarch craft, just for the extra attack speed.

Another one, does the 10% increased aoe from +1 to lvl socketed aoe gems apply to TR gem too? So should I keep my TR gem at 18% Q?

As I said, I don't recommend Poacher's Mark for the named resaons. Blood Rage would be the better option if it's only about getting Frenzy Charges.

The increased AoE you get from the craft is global so it also applies to your TR, yes. You can either re-craft to get lower % on the craft or you can use a lower % TR - as long as you are at 39% total AoE, it doesn't matter.
Always wanted to try this awesome game but it felt so hard to learn! After trying some random league starter builds for like 2 weeks, i found this thread and its awesome! i thought i knew some things, but this guide showed me alot more!

Ty for the hard work! you are awesome and i'm sure u are helping many others like me to get in the game! its a masterpiece! cheers
"
Sazaky27 wrote:
Always wanted to try this awesome game but it felt so hard to learn! After trying some random league starter builds for like 2 weeks, i found this thread and its awesome! i thought i knew some things, but this guide showed me alot more!

Ty for the hard work! you are awesome and i'm sure u are helping many others like me to get in the game! its a masterpiece! cheers

Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback. Great to hear that you could learn more because of the guide ;)
Deciding between TR Champ and TR Trickster. Any suggestion on which one and why? I like champ's tankiness but also like Trickster's damage (actually unsure if trickster provides lots of damage or not)
"
5ecured wrote:
Deciding between TR Champ and TR Trickster. Any suggestion on which one and why? I like champ's tankiness but also like Trickster's damage (actually unsure if trickster provides lots of damage or not)

I didn't play the Trickster version yet so I can't get you a sound answer to that. If you would rather have the offense of Trickster or the defense of Champion depends on your goals. If you want to kill Uber bosses and the Trickster version actually does a ton more damage (which I can't confirm or deny), then go for Trickster. If you want to have a very very smooth and easy progression, then go for Champion ;)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Oct 5, 2022, 11:21:02 AM
My TR champ does 20 mill dps. That's enough for anyone surely. It's also close to immortal as long as I'm not half asleep or trying to learn stupid boss mechanics. There's still some improvements I can make. A fully levelled awakened empower should give me a boost, but i think 20M dps is pretty good for a TR champion.
Two questions:

1. How does one use withering step? It gives a nice buff, elusive and phasing. It even gives the withered debuff to anyone who enters your circle. But....using any skill removes this buff. This seems counter intuitive, so what are you supposed to do? Use withering step and ensure I dont use any other skill after that? But how can I deal damage?

2. I see that using a TR totem is very common. How do you use this? Just spam totems? During boss fights only or everywhere you go, similar to spamming toxic rain itself?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info