[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Chaos Damage

I have tried to search for such (large) cluster jewel on the Trade site (https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis) and failed. "Add stat filter", "~passive chaos grant", found "chaos resistance" and "attack speed", but there is nothing such as 12% increased Chaos Damage.

"
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 10% increased Projectile Damage

Tried "~small passive projectile", found some projectile speed, but nothing projectile damage.

So far I have farmed (Foothills) 10 large clusters. Zero (0) "chaos" :(
(And too much time elapsed.)

Should I do something with Normal (or Magic) rarity Cluster jewels? The wanted modifiers appears only after Alch-ing them? (Or Transmuting-Alterating).

"
Jhssutrx wrote:
"
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Chaos Damage

I have tried to search for such (large) cluster jewel on the Trade site (https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis) and failed. "Add stat filter", "~passive chaos grant", found "chaos resistance" and "attack speed", but there is nothing such as 12% increased Chaos Damage.

"
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 10% increased Projectile Damage

Tried "~small passive projectile", found some projectile speed, but nothing projectile damage.

So far I have farmed (Foothills) 10 large clusters. Zero (0) "chaos" :(
(And too much time elapsed.)

Should I do something with Normal (or Magic) rarity Cluster jewels? The wanted modifiers appears only after Alch-ing them? (Or Transmuting-Alterating).

These cluster jewels exist, are linked in the guide (base item example) and the guide exactly explains how you can acquire them (check the 'Cluster Jewels', 'Large Cluster Jewels' & 'Medium Cluster Jewels' sections in the guide). If you get or don't the items in Foothills is random (welcome to PoE) :)

Regarding your question: The mentioned modifiers are BASE modifiers and therefore it doesn't matter if you throw Alchs or Transmutes on them; they won't appear ;)
Just wanna thank Fezz for this amazing easily digestible guide for noobs like myself that wants to jump into the game but have little to no knowledge on contents and what works. I have attempted to follow as closely as possible and Fezz was very detailed in his explanation when requested for build fixing! Can totally vouch for this build! Got me to level 91 and counting, t16 maps no problem. Could do Shaper map but a little challenging for me but thats a me problem.
I was hoping to get some feedback on my build thus far (level 91). I don't find it possible to do final bosses easily - and mapping is O.K. I feel a bit slow and squishy somehow.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheMeninist/characters -- WSBToxicRain is my character. Any feedback is welcomed.
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Allardais wrote:
Hi, please give me some advice on how to increase the damage.
It seems that 2.1 million is not enough(

Uhm ... according to PoB you have 3M DPS ... which is enough to do any content (I have a third of your DPS in SSF at the moment and I'm doing T16 maps & bosses quite comfortably - although some bosses take some time, ofc).

I'm wondering how you get to that DPS number? When I put my build into PoB or others the numbers aren't even close to that. Are you multiplying them by something or is there a checkbox I'm missing?
"
puresfplayer wrote:
Just wanna thank Fezz for this amazing easily digestible guide for noobs like myself that wants to jump into the game but have little to no knowledge on contents and what works. I have attempted to follow as closely as possible and Fezz was very detailed in his explanation when requested for build fixing! Can totally vouch for this build! Got me to level 91 and counting, t16 maps no problem. Could do Shaper map but a little challenging for me but thats a me problem.

Thanks ;)
"
Chace1 wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Allardais wrote:
Hi, please give me some advice on how to increase the damage.
It seems that 2.1 million is not enough(

Uhm ... according to PoB you have 3M DPS ... which is enough to do any content (I have a third of your DPS in SSF at the moment and I'm doing T16 maps & bosses quite comfortably - although some bosses take some time, ofc).

I'm wondering how you get to that DPS number? When I put my build into PoB or others the numbers aren't even close to that. Are you multiplying them by something or is there a checkbox I'm missing?

If I import your build into PoB, your current Full DPS is 3.4M.

Important configurations are:

- Include both your main & secondary skills in your Full DPS
- # of Withered Stacks = 15
- # of Overlapping Toxic Rain Pods = 5
- Is the enemy a Boss? = Sirus

Here is your current PoB pastebin: https://pastebin.com/fAhpqCKD

By the way: You've followed the default skill tree in terms of evasion-related nodes, but your items (e.g. helmet, gloves, boots and even the body armour base evasion is quite low) barely have base evasion which makes those evasion-related investments kind of obsolet. In order to actually benefit from e.g. 'Ghost Dance' node, 'Reflexes' node or the Grace aura, you want/need to have higher base evasion.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 25, 2022, 6:34:47 AM
"
TheMeninist wrote:
I was hoping to get some feedback on my build thus far (level 91). I don't find it possible to do final bosses easily - and mapping is O.K. I feel a bit slow and squishy somehow.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheMeninist/characters -- WSBToxicRain is my character. Any feedback is welcomed.

The biggest flaw regarding survivability I can identitfy is that your items have low or none '+# to Maximum Life' (e.g. quiver, helmet, amulet, rings, belt). The skill tree provides '#% increased Maximum Life', but if the base life is low, your increased life is also low :/

On top of that ...

- you are still using an Eternal Life Flask, but you want to have a Divine Life Flask at this stage of the game.

- you are using a Bismuth flask although you are almost resistance capped (fire resistance is missing a bit) - and the modifiers are bad.

- your Granite Flask has the wrong suffix.

- you have negative Chaos Resistance. You should aim to cap it.

Regarding damage, you could go for the 'Trickery' node or the 'Wasting' node. Additionally, getting a better bow is recommended.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 25, 2022, 8:08:34 AM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
TheMeninist wrote:

The biggest flaw regarding survivability I can identitfy is that your items have low or none '+# to Maximum Life' (e.g. quiver, helmet, amulet, rings, belt). The skill tree provides '#% increased Maximum Life', but if the base life is low, your increased life is also low :/

On top of that ...

- you are still using an Eternal Life Flask, but you want to have a Divine Life Flask at this stage of the game.

- you are using a Bismuth flask although you are almost resistance capped (fire resistance is missing a bit) - and the modifiers are bad.

- your Granite Flask has the wrong suffix.

- you have negative Chaos Resistance. You should aim to cap it.

Regarding damage, you could go for the 'Trickery' node or the 'Wasting' node. Additionally, getting a better bow is recommended.

I hope this helps.

It definitely helps. I'll make those changes. A couple more questions for you:

- When should I be triggering Withering Step? I currently have it set to my move button.

- Are turrets supposed to boss for me as I run around? Or should I be attacking too? The problem is for big bosses I typically run out of mana pots.

- Do we only use Vaal Blight and Vaal Grace during tough fights? I only have room to use 3 auras - Malevalonce, Determination and Vitality.

- How do I get to 2-3m damage? I can update flasks but I don't see how I'm only hitting like 150k Dot dps or so it says on POB
"
fezz8386 wrote:

If I import your build into PoB, your current Full DPS is 3.4M.

Important configurations are:

- Include both your main & secondary skills in your Full DPS
- # of Withered Stacks = 15
- # of Overlapping Toxic Rain Pods = 5
- Is the enemy a Boss? = Sirus

Here is your current PoB pastebin: https://pastebin.com/fAhpqCKD

By the way: You've followed the default skill tree in terms of evasion-related nodes, but your items (e.g. helmet, gloves, boots and even the body armour base evasion is quite low) barely have base evasion which makes those evasion-related investments kind of obsolet. In order to actually benefit from e.g. 'Ghost Dance' node, 'Reflexes' node or the Grace aura, you want/need to have higher base evasion.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the clarification king.

Regarding the evasion and ghostdance thing. I'm at 30k evasion just standing there with Grace Aura. Isn't ghost dance 3% of your evasion which is 900 of 30k and I only have like 770ish energy shield. So am I not benefiting from the full extent of ghost dance because I don't have that much energy shield? Or does ghost dance Stacks go above your base energy shield?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info