[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
cadosinio wrote:
Hello fezz8386! First of all I want to say thank you for the amazing build. I haven't started it yet but I will and I'm sure I'll have a wonderful time playing such detailed and well-written progression path with in-depth explanations.

I am new to POE, however I managed to get to level 91 on my current character and collect some exalts and leveling gear. I have a question - does your build guide have a section 'what to buy if you play on trade' or is it purely designed for SSF? I am asking this because I want to make use of my currency and items I've collected so far. Also the reason for switching is that my current build, despite being rather expensive, does not perform well and with ~10 ex investment has only about 300k dps (StormBrand Guardian).

Hey there, the guide includes direct links to the PoE Trade Website as well as detailed explanation on how to get specific items (if you don't want to buy all of them).

Since you will have some currency, I recommend buying the following items in order to progress through the campaign faster (links included):

- Tabula Rasa (Body Armour)
- Quill Rain (Bow)
- Vicatio's Flight (Boots)
- Goldrim (Helmet)
- Level 1 / Quality 20 gems for your main and secondary skill in the endgame (see guide)

Have fun leveling ;)

i have 3 low level quill rain bows. is it worth anything?
"
WilsonPayne wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
cadosinio wrote:
Hello fezz8386! First of all I want to say thank you for the amazing build. I haven't started it yet but I will and I'm sure I'll have a wonderful time playing such detailed and well-written progression path with in-depth explanations.

I am new to POE, however I managed to get to level 91 on my current character and collect some exalts and leveling gear. I have a question - does your build guide have a section 'what to buy if you play on trade' or is it purely designed for SSF? I am asking this because I want to make use of my currency and items I've collected so far. Also the reason for switching is that my current build, despite being rather expensive, does not perform well and with ~10 ex investment has only about 300k dps (StormBrand Guardian).

Hey there, the guide includes direct links to the PoE Trade Website as well as detailed explanation on how to get specific items (if you don't want to buy all of them).

Since you will have some currency, I recommend buying the following items in order to progress through the campaign faster (links included):

- Tabula Rasa (Body Armour)
- Quill Rain (Bow)
- Vicatio's Flight (Boots)
- Goldrim (Helmet)
- Level 1 / Quality 20 gems for your main and secondary skill in the endgame (see guide)

Have fun leveling ;)

i have 3 low level quill rain bows. is it worth anything?

Item level doesn't matter for this item. Level requirement (5) is always the same. A 6-link is worth 50c+. Other than that it's not worth anything.
"Farm The Foothills in Act 9 until you have most of your early endgame setup"

"run a few seconds into the area and check if there is a Delirium mirror"

"Note: Once you’ve reached level 73, there won’t spawn any Delirium mirrors anymore in this area."

Above level 73, where (and below what character level) can I farm cluster jewels? Can I farm cluster jewels on AreaLevel 67? Are higher ItemLevel jewels better?

Where are such essential information available? (Delirium spawning blocked due to high Character Level.)

Hi there!

New player to POE and really loving your guide so far. Very in depth and detailed. I like self sufficient game play so I'm giving SSF a try. I'm currently at the point where I am farming temple maps for empower support and hoping to roll Al Hezim's map for influenced items. Other than perking out my atlas tree, is there a good way to farm for his maps specifically? I've done some looking and not really sure what the best way to proceed is. Thanks!
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
"Farm The Foothills in Act 9 until you have most of your early endgame setup"

"run a few seconds into the area and check if there is a Delirium mirror"

"Note: Once you’ve reached level 73, there won’t spawn any Delirium mirrors anymore in this area."

Above level 73, where (and below what character level) can I farm cluster jewels? Can I farm cluster jewels on AreaLevel 67? Are higher ItemLevel jewels better?

Where are such essential information available? (Delirium spawning blocked due to high Character Level.)

You pretty much just run maps and hope for the best rng (welcome to PoE). On top of that ...

- you can take the Delirium-related nodes on the Atlas skill tree to increase your chances a bit
- you can check if Kirac offers you missions with Delirium Mirrors (use Scouting Reports to reroll the missions if he doesn't offer one until he does)
- you can hope for maps to drop with Delirium on it (very low chance)
- You can run Domination Heists

I recommend watching this video as well.

In terms of information ... there is no specific source for that. It's something other players (way smarter and experienced than me) found out one day and shared with the community. You have to check content on reddit, twitch, YouTube for build-related content and then you take that information and use it yourself. That's why guides like this one (have to) exist in the first place - in this case ... I dit this so you don't have to ;)

Edit: In terms of item level -> In this specific case, the large cluster jewels only need to be itemlevel 50+ to be able to roll 'Wicked Pall' and the medium cluster jewels need to be itemlevel 50+ to be able to roll 'Shrieking Bolts'. The other modifiers can roll on any itemlevel. So it's pretty much guaranteed you can roll the needed modifiers on the cluster jewels once you've found one you need as long as you run maps.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Mar 2, 2022, 1:17:56 AM
"
Nebroskyy wrote:
Hi there!

New player to POE and really loving your guide so far. Very in depth and detailed. I like self sufficient game play so I'm giving SSF a try. I'm currently at the point where I am farming temple maps for empower support and hoping to roll Al Hezim's map for influenced items. Other than perking out my atlas tree, is there a good way to farm for his maps specifically? I've done some looking and not really sure what the best way to proceed is. Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. I'm playing SSF and I'm currently at the stage where I need Hunter-influenced maps. It's highly rng-based, but I figured there are some things you can do to increase the chances:

- If you use Awakened Sextants on your Voidstones you can hit 'Map Bosses Drop an Additional Conqueror Map'. So basically: Make sure to use them frequently and hope you hit the named modifier. (By the way: The map tier doesn't matter if you have this modifier. You can run a T1 map and the boss will still drop a T16 Conqueror map).

Note: As far as I've discovered in my testing, it doesn't matter if you run a map with multiple bosses or if the map has 'Area Contains Two Unique Bosses' ... you will only get one Conqueror map.

- It's recommended to take map-drop-related and Conqueror-map-related nodes on the skill tree. If you would solely (!) focus on getting Conqueror maps your Atlas skill tree could look like this.

- Kirac can offer missions which include a Conqueror Map (you can use 'Influenced Scouting Report' to increase the chances to get a mission with a conqueror map)

- You should run other Conqueror maps than Hunter-influenced to eventually get influenced item drops which you need (e.g. Gloves). Then, you can use the Harvest Craft 'randomise the influence types on an influenced normal, magic or rare Armour, as well as reforging the item with new modifiers' and hope you hit Hunter-influence.

At least, these are the things that I am currently doing ;) unfortunately, it's very rng-based.
Thanks for the reply yesterday in regards to farming hunter influence items! That was a good insight. I was wondering at our stage how soon you would go for the toxic rain enchant from Aspirants trials/or if you even do. And if you, which would go you for?
"
Nebroskyy wrote:
Thanks for the reply yesterday in regards to farming hunter influence items! That was a good insight. I was wondering at our stage how soon you would go for the toxic rain enchant from Aspirants trials/or if you even do. And if you, which would go you for?

I'd rather burn myself than stepping into the Labyrinth more than for the needed Ascendancy nodes ;) In terms of the enchantment, you want to have 'Toxic Rain deals #% increased Damage', but '#% increased Despair Curse Effect' or 'Malevolence has #% reduced Mana Reservation' can also be benefitial.

In terms of when: As soon as you have your endgame helmet (otherwise you would just waste it).
Last edited by fezz8386 on Mar 3, 2022, 3:30:44 AM
Awesome, pretty much what I figured!

I noticed that the end game SSF hasn't been working since the last game update (first one I've been around for so I don't know if this usually happens). Is there's anything I can to do fix it? Getting this message:

Line4123: Unable to parse parameter for enchantment passive node rule: No cluster jewel echantment small passive nodes found match...

Thanks again!
"
Nebroskyy wrote:
Awesome, pretty much what I figured!

I noticed that the end game SSF hasn't been working since the last game update (first one I've been around for so I don't know if this usually happens). Is there's anything I can to do fix it? Getting this message:

Line4123: Unable to parse parameter for enchantment passive node rule: No cluster jewel echantment small passive nodes found match...

Thanks again!

This happens quite often when a new patch is released. Open the filter file in Notepad++ and delete the respective line. Then, the filter should work again (you might have to do this for serveral lines).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info