[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
shade_blood wrote:
Also: amazing guide, just started PoE and had so much fun with this build so far!

Awesome!
"
I am French wrote:
Thank you for this very comprehensive guide. I'm not a new player but a lot of things have been very helpful to me.

Fast, tanky enough, and the almost unlimited flasks are pretty darn cool. My build is not optimized, my flasks are bad and I am currently in T7. If you are a new player and don't want to play minions, I recommend this guide (and it works on console)

Great to hear that the guide could help you despite you not being a new player. Did you progress further?
"
Svejsan88 wrote:
First of all thank you again for this great guide!! Im a new player and this helped me alot to understand the mechanics of the game.

I have a quick question: Do you always look at the DPS a weapon does to evaluate how good it is? Since using my 4-socket Death's harp Bow gives me 1'700 DPS but if I use the 6-socket Vortex twine thicket bow i get 1'100 DPS.
Now I am not sure if the other support gems in the 6-socket bow are calculated into that result...

Thanks alot :)

Great that you are having a good first time experience ;)

Regaring the DPS: Make sure to look at the right tooltip information. Since this build focuses on Damage over Time (DoT) the base hit damage of bows pretty much adds nothing to the overall damage. As a result, the white colored damage number at the top left of the skill is not relevant. Instead - in order to get an indicator of your skills' damage (the ingame information regarding damage lacklusters) - check the blue line which says 'Deals X Chaos Damage per Second" when hovering over your skill. The higher this value is, the better, ofc ;)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Mar 9, 2022, 4:01:56 AM
"
simisticot wrote:
This looks like an excellent effort to make a very strong and cheap build accessible to newcomers.
I will definitely show this to any new players looking for detailed instructions, very nice work !

Thanks, appreciate it!
When I try to load up the loot filter in game in comes up with a "Line 4042: Unable to parse parameter for EnchantmentPassiveNode rule: No cluster jewel enchantment small passive nodes found match...", it cuts off after that. Not sure if I should be doing something different, the file is save in the my games folder in my documents.
"
When I try to load up the loot filter in game in comes up with a "Line 4042: Unable to parse parameter for EnchantmentPassiveNode rule: No cluster jewel enchantment small passive nodes found match...", it cuts off after that. Not sure if I should be doing something different, the file is save in the my games folder in my documents.

It seems like the last patch brick the filter. I've just updated it so you should download it again and see if it works.

If it doesn't: Open the filter file in Notepad++ and delete the respective line. Then, the filter should work again (you might have to do this for serveral lines).
First, I would like to thank you for the extremely detailed and very well done guide. That said, I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to substantially improve any aspect of this build in relation to what I've built.

By the way, would the FORBIDDEN FLESH gem with the HEADSMAN skill work in this build?

My POB: https://poe.ninja/pob/3Pk
"
Pwnkkake wrote:
First, I would like to thank you for the extremely detailed and very well done guide. That said, I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to substantially improve any aspect of this build in relation to what I've built.

By the way, would the FORBIDDEN FLESH gem with the HEADSMAN skill work in this build?

My POB: https://poe.ninja/pob/3Pk

Very cool to see that you are satsified with the guide and even cooler to see that you've managed to get quite some gear. In terms of improvement, I could identify:

Gems
- Empower Support Level 3-4 instead of Mirage Archer Support in your main skill setup (this will increase your damage by a lot!)
- Aim for Level 21/23 for all of your gems in your main and secondary skill setup

Skill Tree:
- You could (!) use 2 more jewels sockets on your skill tree (but you have to sacrifice something else for that or wait until you've gained the levels)

Bow
- Increase quality of the bow to 24%+ (possible with Betrayal)
- Apply Harvest enchantment which gives you 'Quality does not increase Physical Damage / 1% increased Attack Speed per 8% Quality'

Quiver
- +# to Maximum Mana doesn't do that much -> better go for '+# to Armour and Evasion Rating'

Gloves
- As far as I can see you don't have any source of 'life Leech' which makes the current craft useless. Go for '#% increased Damage during any Flask Effect' instead.

Belt
- Your '#% increased Maximum life' roll can be better.

On top of that, in terms of the question regarding Forbidden Flesh: Headsman should work, yes, BUT as far as I am aware the 'Kill Enemies that have 20% or lower Life when Hit by your Skills' mod only applies to the initial hit of Toxic Rain, not the DoT damage.

The rest of your setup looks pretty nice.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Mar 11, 2022, 9:46:27 AM
Hey again!
I was just curious what the reasoning for projectile damage vs damage over time for the medium clusters was. Guide still going strong, definitely getting stronger as I go so guide still doing very well into the late game, thanks again!
"
Nebroskyy wrote:
Hey again!
I was just curious what the reasoning for projectile damage vs damage over time for the medium clusters was. Guide still going strong, definitely getting stronger as I go so guide still doing very well into the late game, thanks again!

The passive skills which you can roll on Projectile Damage cluster jewels (namely Shrieking Bolts & Repeater) provide more damage than passive skills which you can roll on Chaos DoT cluster jewels (namely Eternal Suffering& Wicked Pall). Simple as that ;)

Last edited by fezz8386 on Mar 13, 2022, 10:01:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info