[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

Gotcha, I guess I didn't realize the implicits had their own sets of skills, so that makes sense! Also I was curious how much mana I'm supposed to have with enlighten support on. Im currently at 53 with the 3 auras and with some bosses I end up running out of flask charges. Is this normal or do I have something set up wrong? I am currently level 96 and did have to unskill one of the mana nodes to fit my clusters so I guess that might be the issue.
Last edited by Nebroskyy on Mar 13, 2022, 11:21:57 PM
"
Nebroskyy wrote:
Gotcha, I guess I didn't realize the implicits had their own sets of skills, so that makes sense! Also I was curious how much mana I'm supposed to have with enlighten support on. Im currently at 53 with the 3 auras and with some bosses I end up running out of flask charges. Is this normal or do I have something set up wrong? I am currently level 96 and did have to unskill one of the mana nodes to fit my clusters so I guess that might be the issue.

I can't check your skill tree because your account doesn't have any characters :/ Nevertheless ... Enlighten Support will only enable you to run an additional aura; therefore, it doesn't really change the amount of mana you have available (since you should only use it if you can use an additional aura anyway). That being said: I'd rather sacrifice damage or life nodes than the flask nodes.
Oops! I forgot my account is Linked to Going2kms for some reason. I took a better look at it and I’ll probably just unskill duration mastery until I hit 97 which should work out fine. Thanks!
Last edited by Nebroskyy on Mar 14, 2022, 10:56:58 AM
Great guide!

I'm no means a new player but I do have a problem: I can comfortably get to 90 and cruise through t16s but I can never get to real end game content. I'm looking forward to following this guide straight through to late end game crafting to try and break through level 95 and down Shaper et al. I'll keep you posted, Mr. Fez. :>
Last edited by Tiam_Kara on Mar 15, 2022, 1:51:30 AM
"
Tiam_Kara wrote:
Great guide!

I'm no means a new player but I do have a problem: I can comfortably get to 90 and cruise through t16s but I can never get to real end game content. I'm looking forward to following this guide straight through to late end game crafting to try and break through level 95 and down Shaper et al. I'll keep you posted, Mr. Fez. :>

Shaper will be no problem at all ;) Actually, the only endgame fight you might struggle with if you don't have minmaxed gear is The Formed since damage really is a factor here (given that you know/play boss mechanics).

I am looking forward hearing from you how it worked out! So please let me know (if there's something you would like to see improved).
Last edited by fezz8386 on Mar 15, 2022, 9:28:55 AM
*deleted*
Last edited by fezz8386 on Mar 15, 2022, 9:27:18 AM
Great guide and definitely containing lots of information.
I am not a completely new player but I still learning a lot just by reading some parts of the guide.

Unfortunately I only found the guide today and I am looking forward to doing all content as I never managed to get above T14 comfortably.

Is there a reason to change to TR at level 33? Is the availability of a bow with attack speed of 1.5?

Thanks

I am currently selling many unidentified rare belts (and gloves, helmets, bodyarmour) for Transmutation Shards, to the NPC vendors. (They have "bad" implicit mods.)

I do not like to leave them on the ground, because some of them may be potentially valuable. (I evaluate the stuff at home in my hideout.) (And I am gathering also full gear sets, for 2 chaoses.)

Am I missing something?
What do you handle those many unidentified rares?

(For example, do you identify them? Are the Alteration Shards way more valuable?)
"
clerino wrote:
Great guide and definitely containing lots of information.
I am not a completely new player but I still learning a lot just by reading some parts of the guide.

Unfortunately I only found the guide today and I am looking forward to doing all content as I never managed to get above T14 comfortably.

Is there a reason to change to TR at level 33? Is the availability of a bow with attack speed of 1.5?

Thanks

The reasons why you switch to TR at level 33 are that 1) you don't have access to TR at the beginning, 2) you don't have access to (that) useful support gems and 3) because the skill tree of the Champion provides bow related damage nodes pretty late. Therefore, the better skill choice fo the early game is Splitting Steel / Shattering Steel.
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
I am currently selling many unidentified rare belts (and gloves, helmets, bodyarmour) for Transmutation Shards, to the NPC vendors. (They have "bad" implicit mods.)

I do not like to leave them on the ground, because some of them may be potentially valuable. (I evaluate the stuff at home in my hideout.) (And I am gathering also full gear sets, for 2 chaoses.)

Am I missing something?
What do you handle those many unidentified rares?

(For example, do you identify them? Are the Alteration Shards way more valuable?)

Welcome to PoE, where players are cluttered with trash items (even if they have a pretty strict loot filter) :) To know which items to pickup is pretty much just a matter of experience. You will get used to it by time.

That being said: Orbs of Transmutation are pretty much only needed for the first part of the campaign (to buy gems you need) and at the beginning of the engame (to roll maps). But Orbs of Alteration are useful for the endgame, especially for crafting and/or SSF. So it's recommended to sell items with bad modifiers to get these. But that's nothing to focus on; it comes naturally.

Just to make sure: You are using the provided loot filter, yes?
Last edited by fezz8386 on Mar 17, 2022, 5:22:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info