[3.17] Galvanic Arrow Deadeye | HCSSF |

Intro:

Spoiler
After the 3.17 Manifesto and Patch notes I decided to theory craft a well rounded bow build that functions well from start to finish.

I chose Galvanic Arrow for several reasons:

* Decent skill pre 3.17
* Benefits the most from 3.17 Buffs
* Can use barrage support for clear (more on that later)
* Fast mapper for league start that can kill bosses

The PoE community has completely been overlooking the new mastery node "Increases and Reductions to Projectile Speed also apply to Damage with Bows". Focusing on Projectile speed will increase your AoE and damage simultaneously, making it a highly efficient stat. A finished build will have +300% projectile speed with minimal investment.

Pro's / Con's:

Spoiler
+ Fun to play
+ Fast Mapper that can kill bosses
+ League start friendly
+ Constant progression, no limit
+ Most damage from all bow skills

- No auto clear skill
- No damage overtime
- Vulnerable to phys damage at the start (fixable)
- Elemental penetration is scarce (bosses)(fixable)

Mechanics:

Spoiler
A single Galvanic arrow attack consists of 2 parts. GA shoots 3 arrows and creates a cone in front of the character. Both parts of the attack can hit/miss individually. If both hit you theoretically deal double damage. In practice the cone part of GA is enough to kill white mobs and the arrows are only needed for rares/uniques. The cone has no travel time and happens instantly at the moment of attack.

The range of both parts of the attack are quite limited, but scale with projectile speed. The new mastery "Increases and Reductions to Projectile Speed also apply to Damage with Bows" in the bow area makes investing in projectile speed an efficient stat. With only the Projectile speed support gem, Projectile speed nodes on the tree and new Feathered Arrow Quiver you will have 301% increased projectile speed total. Leaving room for an extra 100% IPS from gear.

300% projectile speed will give GA a range of 66 which is enough to use the Deadeye Far Shot Ascendancy. The Far Shot Ascendency bonus works for the arrow and cone part of the attack. Far Shot also makes barrage more efficient vs single target by removing spread. The heavy investment in IPS will make aiming your and your ballista barraged arrows very easy to aim.

Because GA shoots 3 arrows inherently, it benefits heavily from the barrage support gem.
Without barrage the arrows shoot in a row and can only hit 1 target per arrow per attack (without chain/fork).
Barrage support gem theoretically offers 50% more total damage then any other support gem option, but for targets that get hit by the barrage it's 100% more damage.
After Merciless Lab this build will have 8 Arrows. 8 arrows in a barrage means that you will shoot 8 arrows in a line (rares) and create 8 cones (whites) with a 180° angle in front of your character. Using a 1+ Arrow quiver/bow will provide 10% more total dps.

Ascendancy:

Spoiler

Focal point > Far Shot > Gathering wind > Endless munition
> Wind Ward

* Focal point:
At lvl 31 use Sniper's mark on rare and unique monsters. At level 38 use the new Mark on hit Support gem.

* Gathering wind
At lvl 53 the increased Action speed will make the character much nicer to play.

* Far shot:
At lvl 66 you will have enough IPS. Your range will be +55, enough to justify Far Shot.

* Endless munition:
2 extra arrows give you a 20% DPS boost

** Wind ward:
This is defensively good for bossing in the late game, but not necessary 95% of the time.

Gems:

Spoiler
Lvl1: GA - Pierce

Lvl4: Galvanic Arrow - Pierce - Onslaught
Shrapnel Ballista
Dash

Lvl10: Galvanic Arrow - Onslaught - Added Cold Damage
Shrapnel Ballista - Added Cold Damage - Added Fire Damage
Dash
Precision

Lvl16: Galvanic Arrow - Onslaught - Added Cold Damage
Shrapnel Ballista - Added Cold Damage - Added Fire Damage
Dash
Precision - Herald of Ice

Lvl24: Galvanic Arrow - Onslaught - Added Cold Damage - Trinity
Galvanic Arrow - Ballista support - Added Cold Damage - Added Fire Damage
Dash - Sniper's Mark
Precision - Herald of Ice - Anger

Lvl31: Galvanic Arrow - Added Cold Damage - Trinity - Faster Projectiles
Galvanic Arrow - Ballista support - Added Cold Damage - Faster projectiles
Dash - Sniper's Mark
Precision - Herald of Ice - Anger
Steelskin - Increased Duration

Lvl38+: Galvanic Arrow - Added Cold Damage - Faster projectiles - Barrage - Trinity - Inspiration
Galvanic Arrow - Ballista support - Added Cold Damage - Faster projectiles - Barrage - Inspiration
Dash - Sniper's Mark - Mark on hit
Precision - Anger - Grace
Steelskin - Increased Duration - Tornado - Hydrosphere

2 open gem slots

PoB:

Spoiler

3.17 POB (Requires Community fork) V0.3
https://pastebin.com/zDfd4a2F
If you have trouble opening the PoB you need to opt in to the "weekly beta test builds" under options of pob

3.16 POB (Outdated):
https://pastebin.com/YGVtWAJP

Wind dancer Keystone is actually Precise Technique
You can turn on Frenzy, Onslaught, Galeforce and adjust enemy distance.
Full DPS is in theory double if both the cone and arrows hit the target.
All gear is farmable in white maps and requires ilvl 68 or lower.

Gear:

Spoiler

Check PoB for gearing tips

Weapon:

Spoiler

Armour:

Spoiler

Jewellery:

Spoiler

All gear is farmable in white maps and requires ilvl 68 or lower.

820K dps with easily craftable shit gear, 2mill dps with decent gear
Open in new tab for better resolution.
Spoiler

Spoiler
V0.3
Added leveling skill trees

V0.2
PoB Updated to 3.17
Minor changes to the PoB
Added Gem Leveling to not

V0.1

Bad Seed
Last edited by Baristo on Feb 1, 2022, 6:48:36 AM
Last bumped on May 26, 2022, 11:02:38 AM
Reserved
Bad Seed
You got any boss kills or something? Kinda scared to start this without knowing, if it can kill the new bosses with
How do you generate charges on this build?
"
zalOst wrote:

One possibility would be the new "Mark Mastery" that gives the character a 10%? chance to generate frenzy charges upon hitting a marked enemy.
"
Shiroco wrote:
"
zalOst wrote:

One possibility would be the new "Mark Mastery" that gives the character a 10%? chance to generate frenzy charges upon hitting a marked enemy.

I totally missed that in the patch notes, thanks.
"
PlastickBall wrote:
You got any boss kills or something? Kinda scared to start this without knowing, if it can kill the new bosses with

No I haven't, but I will try in 3.17. Currently I have been mostly doing runs until I finish normal lab. I know the build scales beyond GGG intentions after lvl 38 so im not worried.

If the bosses are more phys heavy then I thought I will replace Anger for Determination for a <15% dmg loss but 10k armor gain.

The PoB shows there is a lot open Prefixes/Suffixes to work with.
Bad Seed
Last edited by Baristo on Jan 30, 2022, 9:16:51 PM
POB doesn't work
I have POB community fork v.2.13.0, latest update
"
samaelwd wrote:
POB doesn't work

Strange, I have the same version and the pastebin loaded.

Did you select Import from website??

Bad Seed
"
Baristo wrote:
"
samaelwd wrote:
POB doesn't work

Strange, I have the same version and the pastebin loaded.

Did you select Import from website??

Same thing for me.
Trying to load the Pastbin it just gives you an error message into a "Unkown Passive Tree Version" - Fork is fully updated.
Pretty weird

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info