Stress-Free PoE w/ RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR! Relax, SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button|3.17

"
mariox1011 wrote:
Guide written by someone who thinks they know what they're doing but don't. Wonder how many noobs tried this out only to find out it takes them 15 minutes to kill act 5 Kitava.

post written by someone who thinks they are some kind of expert on all things PoE and isn't.

having played several of WoD's builds, usually up to mid 90s, I find him and the others posting with helpful suggestions (unlike yours) to very much know what they are doing. are they absolute max builds? probably not but they fit a certain play style, which I like and really appreciate the effort that goes into creating builds that I can enjoy without having to come up with 30+ exalt's worth of gear to make it work

one of the great things about PoE, at least for some of us, is that it allows for a huge range of play styles and abilities. if the build isn't for you, great. move on and play what you want to play. if you want to share some of your wisdom and make some helpful suggestions, even better

WoD -- thank you for all you do
"
mariox1011 wrote:
Guide written by someone who thinks they know what they're doing but don't. Wonder how many noobs tried this out only to find out it takes them 15 minutes to kill act 5 Kitava.

I'm one of those noobs and I really like this build...the only battle in ACTS that took forever was vs Oak (& i was never below 95% health it just took awhile) as the acts progress the build got stronger and stronger that toon is at 92now and I'm not 100% sure I can solo screaming/incandescent invitations so i've been putting it off.

once I capped resistances I found I rarely died unless I did something reckless although recently I upgraded my gear a lot and messed up the resistances.

I am curious if there are better versions of this build with awakened / divergent gems ect.
Baffled at why someone would go out of there way to make a post trying to denounce this guide and it's creator. Even if the critique was accurate and well stated, which to be clear it is not, just move on with your life and let the numerous people who do enjoy these guides and play style enjoy theirs. No reason to go out of your way and spend energy just to try to make other people feel bad.

@meansofacess - My build on the last page near the bottom (the poe ninja link) is where I ended up finishing the season. It is different in a couple major ways but the base concept and playstyle is about the same, which is to say extreme focus on survivability and low effort playstyle.

I wouldn't try to copy it 1 for 1 or anything since expensive gear requirements and tradeoffs. It may offer some insight into how you could transition to the ultra-endgame yourself though.
"
kendo3 wrote:
Spoiler
post written by someone who thinks they are some kind of expert on all things PoE and isn't.

having played several of WoD's builds, usually up to mid 90s, I find him and the others posting with helpful suggestions (unlike yours) to very much know what they are doing. are they absolute max builds? probably not but they fit a certain play style, which I like and really appreciate the effort that goes into creating builds that I can enjoy without having to come up with 30+ exalt's worth of gear to make it work

one of the great things about PoE, at least for some of us, is that it allows for a huge range of play styles and abilities. if the build isn't for you, great. move on and play what you want to play. if you want to share some of your wisdom and make some helpful suggestions, even better

WoD -- thank you for all you do
"
meansofacess wrote:
Spoiler
I'm one of those noobs and I really like this build...the only battle in ACTS that took forever was vs Oak (& i was never below 95% health it just took awhile) as the acts progress the build got stronger and stronger that toon is at 92now and I'm not 100% sure I can solo screaming/incandescent invitations so i've been putting it off.

once I capped resistances I found I rarely died unless I did something reckless although recently I upgraded my gear a lot and messed up the resistances.

I am curious if there are better versions of this build with awakened / divergent gems ect.
"
Spoiler
Baffled at why someone would go out of there way to make a post trying to denounce this guide and it's creator. Even if the critique was accurate and well stated, which to be clear it is not, just move on with your life and let the numerous people who do enjoy these guides and play style enjoy theirs. No reason to go out of your way and spend energy just to try to make other people feel bad.

@meansofacess - My build on the last page near the bottom (the poe ninja link) is where I ended up finishing the season. It is different in a couple major ways but the base concept and playstyle is about the same, which is to say extreme focus on survivability and low effort playstyle.

I wouldn't try to copy it 1 for 1 or anything since expensive gear requirements and tradeoffs. It may offer some insight into how you could transition to the ultra-endgame yourself though.
Thanks you three. I really appreciate it. It shows a good heart. Lots of people have great hearts but don't realize how often they are silent or don't say anything, which is totally ok. But when people take the time to be kind and encouraging, it really does help. It not only edifies the person you're encouraging, but everyone else reading your posts too. Who knows how it'll lift a reader's heart for tomorrow.

Unfortunately, baseless criticisms are a part of walking outside and being in public. It's ridiculous how many "keyboard warriors" there are in the world. I wonder how many of them would ever say what they type, outloud, to someone's face ;-). I've been guide writing since 3.0...so what's that...over 4 years now. No matter how much experience I have, sometimes comments are easy to ignore, and sometimes they sting. There's no rhyme or reason to it. So when people like yourselves take the time to make sure people are encouraged, it really means a lot to the people around you.

So thanks for being you! Keep it up! Our community needs people like yourselves :). Thanks so much! It mean a lot :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
The build is bad because it is trying to scale hit based incinerate AND righteous fire.

You don't take any jewel sockets on your passive tree when some garbage jewels with just life% and dot multi would be worth it.

You don't recommend ashes of the stars even though it's a very common amulet.

No mention of fire trap even though it scales with the same modifiers as righteous fire.

Clarity? Just craft -7 mana cost on rings instead of reserving 560 life. Or use lifetap.

No defiance banner? Such a skill for only 10% reservation.

You should take the aura nodes in the top left with mana reservation mastery so you can run malevolence.

Not even a mention of Legacy of Fury or Melding of the Flesh.

There's just so much that could be improved and not affect the "1 button" approach of the build. The reason I'm even on this post is because a person on reddit linked your guide complaining they are having trouble killing things and can't progress.
Last edited by mariox1011 on Apr 28, 2022, 1:59:01 PM
The problem is your tone in the first post you made was entirely negative and hinted at something that you nearly confirm in the second, which is that you didn't fully read the guide and the point the guide is trying to serve.

It pointedly avoids any specific items, either unique or specifically rolled rares, so it can better cater to a SSF style of play. It also tries to explain the reasons behind each choice and the related mechanics. You can click through and read each thing, it is very handy!

My main issue with your approach is there is a vast distance between "I do not like this guide" and "This is a poorly made guide", which is a very important distinction.

Even putting all of that aside, I have responded to these guides sometimes with questions, sometimes with my own opinion, several times over the years. I have 100% always received a response from Wrecker_of_Days and it has never been negative.

If you don't like something it is entirely appropriate to make a post asking why things were done in a specific way and recommend alternatives. It is just as appropriate for the creator to decline to make changes if they feel it does not belong in the theme of the guide. It is completely inappropriate to begin any post with calling the creator dumb or ignorant. Even if you believe they are incorrect about something, spread knowledge and help out.

Not going to continue arguing this point, just wanted to explain where I am coming from and why I have reacted the way I have to your post. If you are here to help, that is actually genuinely appreciated. If you are just here to throw rocks, there are probably better uses for your time.
"
The problem is your tone in the first post you made was entirely negative and hinted at something that you nearly confirm in the second, which is that you didn't fully read the guide and the point the guide is trying to serve.
Yes, I should have explained why the build was bad on the first post. I did read it the first time and was baffled at why someone would write a guide for new players that will probably make them want to quit because their damage is so low.

"

It pointedly avoids any specific items, either unique or specifically rolled rares, so it can better cater to a SSF style of play. It also tries to explain the reasons behind each choice and the related mechanics. You can click through and read each thing, it is very handy!
Just because you're SSF doesn't mean common unique items stop dropping. Ashes of the Stars can easily be target farmed. Melding of the Flesh/Legacy of Fury should at least be mentioned if they are going to mention awakener orb 6 line "dream mod" items that are magnitudes more difficult to get.

"

My main issue with your approach is there is a vast distance between "I do not like this guide" and "This is a poorly made guide", which is a very important distinction.
Explain? How is it unreasonable to not like a guide because it is poorly made? This guide reinforces the idea that scaling dot and hit based damage is good when it is the opposite. This has been the case since double dipping was destroyed.

There's a reason no one is playing incinerate at a high level this ladder and it's not just because I said it sucks on a forum post.
The thing is, the build is not designed to crush high-endgame at all. It's tailored to be fun to play, relax-style, SSF, *and* possible to optimize so you can crush endgame. And it does exactly that: many people (including me) tried it, made some tweaks, and ended up beating endgame. True, most did drop incinerate sooner or later, but that doesn't mean RF + incinerate is bas as league-starter.

If WoD claimed this build could melt bosses in seconds and tank anything as is, then it would be a noob trap. But he states the very opposite. He offers a way to get started, suggests some tweaks to do, and then leaves the rest up to us.

On a side note, one could actually play RF + ignite from inci/flameblast, and it wouldn't be that bad; the problem is fire trap is so better right now.

I do agree with you about Legacy of Fury and Ashes of the Stars though (Melding is yet another matter). These probably deserve to be mentioned as farming targets for SSF players.
Hey, I really like hitting mobs with melee. Any way to incorporate some slamming or bashing in this build without significant change?

I am attracted to this guide because I don't like the idea of getting perfect items through trade, finding better gear as I play is far more exciting.
Last edited by _tz on Apr 30, 2022, 4:06:21 AM
"
mariox1011 wrote:
Spoiler
The build is bad because it is trying to scale hit based incinerate AND righteous fire.

You don't take any jewel sockets on your passive tree when some garbage jewels with just life% and dot multi would be worth it.

You don't recommend ashes of the stars even though it's a very common amulet.

No mention of fire trap even though it scales with the same modifiers as righteous fire.

Clarity? Just craft -7 mana cost on rings instead of reserving 560 life. Or use lifetap.

No defiance banner? Such a skill for only 10% reservation.

You should take the aura nodes in the top left with mana reservation mastery so you can run malevolence.

Not even a mention of Legacy of Fury or Melding of the Flesh.

There's just so much that could be improved and not affect the "1 button" approach of the build. The reason I'm even on this post is because a person on reddit linked your guide complaining they are having trouble killing things and can't progress.
Hey mariox1011,

Nice list. It seems like you're a bit of a selective reader, though I don't expect anyone to read through all my writing without actually playing the build. Though, most people that don't read through the whole build typically don't post anything as they know they're likely to have missed something. But don't worry about it. I've had my share of quick replies that I wish I didn't make. We all have.

All of your comments and questions are actually answered in the guide except for your Fire Trap comment.

If you're curious about anything, you're welcome to ask and I'll happily answer. If you just commenting because everyone who doesn't play your way is wrong, well, you'll always win so I won't have much to say.

Even though your comments started rough, feel free to message again and I'll answer whatever you like.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info